test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lockboxes... all good? Or some weaker than others?

arcofortep12arcofortep12 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
Eventually which are good and which less good? It's ok to buy them in AH or people inspected some and put not worthy in AH?
Sunrise_Knights.jpg

- All I say it's just my opinion. Peace. -
- Sunrise Knights are always recruiting active good-hearted players ;) 'Let the Sun shine!' -

Answers

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    There are differences. Check out an analysis (requires free login).
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Also, with current price deflation it's not worth buying keys anymore.

And if you're a VIP getting free keys, just hold on to them for now.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'm going with the newer lockboxes, since the older ones may drop some rank 4 enchantments only... but if you have other informations, please do share.

And why should i start sitting on lockbox keys now?

A new lockbox might be coming with Underdark, but we haven't even seen any blogging or streaming about that module, and i doubt that they will improve the dropchances for good decent loot from lockboxes...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited September 2015
    With how the player numbers are going right now, you have to be lucky to sell anything in the future...
    Want to know why?
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    If we have future expected deflation, you want to unload as many material assets as possible in exchange for AD, so sitting on keys is the exact opposite of what you would want to do.

On the other hand, if you think the panic is silly, and you expect asset prices to recover, you should take advantage of the trough in asset prices to buy and hoard as many goods as you can, in order to resell them when prices recover.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    Best boxes are the new ones. Worst drops are the elemental fashion weapons. Usually you get something you can sell for 10k on AH.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Axebeak are in the coming lockbox. 4k Armor pen from a mount. Should be worth quite a bit.

expect that to be nerfed fairly quickly.
  • truedragoontruedragoon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Why not just open a lock box for the thrill. why does every thing have to be economics. No matter what the box awards it's still a gamble. Just like a $20 scratcher you're going to loose. Unless you put out $200 your odds are slim.
    edited September 2015
    dufisto said:

Axebeak are in the coming lockbox. 4k Armor pen from a mount. Should be worth quite a bit.

They didn't nerf any new mounts this far, and they're not going to do in the future.
    Why?
    They want you to buy those lockbox keys, and spend your money or AD on a 0.01% chance to get that mount.

It might even be possible, that future mounts will have much higher stats, but of course a lower chance to drop.
    Want to know why?
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    dufisto said:

I doubt it. The snail is still out there, I see way too many of those ugly things--they breed in-game faster than my aquarium! xD
  • beerdrinker4beerdrinker4 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    question I have openend like 200 lock boxes looking for the snail mount what are the percent rate does it give it i see ppl getting them al the time
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

question I have openend like 200 lock boxes looking for the snail mount what are the percent rate does it give it i see ppl getting them al the time

They can be bought at the AH, last I saw, they were about 3 mil. (Before defaltion hit.) At the rate you're going through lockboxes you might want to give that a try.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User

I don't have an exact number, but my best guess, (based upon previous Lockbox stats), is that the really sought-after items have less than a 1% chance of dropping...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    If you want Coalescent Wards, some lockboxes are better than others for Tarmalune bars.