test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Today in strongholds PVP

adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
everybody knows Pallys are immortals.. but today i see ONE guy hold 8 players.. he keep using a spell like a GWF ( he grow up) all the time!!
and kill 1 per 1 .. they hold alone a entire catapult field.. he hold 12 guys at and game...
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ?

im 2.7k TR

Comments

• Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    It's an OP daily called Heroism, it gives them 100% of their health as temp HP, 15% damage resistance and CC immunity for as long as 20 seconds at rank 4.

I'd guess that OP had the Flail Snail, which'd mean an OP could probably keep Heroism up just about forever.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Put AP drain overload encahntment and make any OP cry:)
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    dsn1118 said:

Put AP drain overload encahntment and make any OP cry:)

There's this nifty saying that goes, "Two wrongs don't make a right" ... but I guess in this case, it'd be more akin to, "When you have three wrongs in one spot, prepare for a shi*storm to break loose."
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    adsfelipe said:

everybody knows Pallys are immortals.. but today i see ONE guy hold 8 players.. he keep using a spell like a GWF ( he grow up) all the time!!
    and kill 1 per 1 .. they hold alone a entire catapult field.. he hold 12 guys at and game...
    HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ?

im 2.7k TR

your gonna distract all the players from making "nerf TR" comments and threads.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    The answer as usual is very simple. Dev's dont know how to play pvp. The design such a monsters cause desperatelly need money form players. And now, we have to manage such a "perfect ideas" of Craptic.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User

The answer as usual is very simple. Dev's dont know how to play pvp. The design such a monsters cause desperatelly need money form players. And now, we have to manage such a "perfect ideas" of Craptic.

Maybe they don't have much creative control any more?

I was there when City of Heroes/Villains started. Cryptic always had this talent of coming up with an extremely interesting and cool system which people haven't seen before. CoH was one of such. Incredible character creator tool, power customization and tweaking, and very profound mechanics which at first seems totally imbalanced, but then you dig deeper and find out there's actually balance.

In short, they know how to make a game fun for creative people. Lot of things to experiment with unexpected results. The moment I first discovered a build that could totally combat and neutralize stuff like the dreaded regen scrappers, or stone tanks, or all sorts of stalkers.. that was an awesome memorable moment for me.

But then, they also seem to have this strange, uncanny ability to mess things up in a weird manner. They make something with so much potential, and then they break it apart with their own hands. CoH/V wasn't too bad... but then came CO... and good god, did they ruin that game.

Even stronger potential for fun with higher action-packed value, total power customization... and yet a few FotM builds show up, people point out the problems for a LONG, LONG time... but no. It was never fixed. In the end, the PvP in CO that I had so much fun with, I came to witness the moment where there are no queues for over 48 hours straight. Not even a single match. The PvP in there, the PvPing community, totally dead.

The same things are happening here.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Well built GF can 2 shot most of the GWFs and GWF has no way of dodging the damage, so really I dont see why a GF would be complaining about GWFs, they already have the distinctive advantage...
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    icyphish said:

Well built GF can 2 shot most of the GWFs and GWF has no way of dodging the damage, so really I dont see why a GF would be complaining about GWFs, they already have the distinctive advantage...

Counter one class, big deal. Anyone else with stamina drain marks will make a joke out of a GF.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Yea, we all know OP's bubble is pretty broken, but there is only so much u can do when the dev doesn't take any action.... I suspect its either the dev doesn't play a 3.5k+ OP and doesn't know they are almost practically invincible or they just dont know the rotation to make them OP almost invincible... we have seen it in fights, we have seen it in videos, but the decision is with the devs... :(
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    I've seen immortal Paladins too even when we are using AP and stamina drains.
    That class is very broken.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah, even with AP and stam drains, there are some ops I can't put a dent in.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    cyn15cyn15 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    It's all about rotation and timing. Use the right skills with the right build and it works to keep your temp HP up so your standard HP doesn't take a hit. I don't use block 95% of the time and use skills in the same rotation but modify the skills depending on the situation to just sit there and be a brick. HOWEVER you just don't do a lot of damage when you are built this way.
    I played around with Healing paladin and they do much more damage if specc'd right, but found it hard to stay up when I am held by a CW.
    If you want to kill a pally you need to play smart. Don't just get his attention and face tank him, jump him with a CW or a TR and stop him hitting his skills. time your attacks and we go down easy. There are groups I've come up against that work together and can kill me easily, other people just do the old 'RAWR PALADIN UNLOAD EVERYTHING' and allow us to get off temp HP and start a rotation, and to them... I'm invincible.

I don't use the daily that allows you to go large, however I do use a yeti pet to try and get me a little damage buff... this makes me increase in size frequently. I know I had a 8+ group that I managed to wipe out in Strongholds, it took a while but I managed.
    Guild - Synergy, Australia
    SW - Lanfear, GWF - Krivnaar, OP - K'aathorn, DC - Allegria, CW - Mierin Eronaille
  • Options
    adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    cyn15 said:

It's all about rotation and timing. Use the right skills with the right build and it works to keep your temp HP up so your standard HP doesn't take a hit. I don't use block 95% of the time and use skills in the same rotation but modify the skills depending on the situation to just sit there and be a brick. HOWEVER you just don't do a lot of damage when you are built this way.
    I played around with Healing paladin and they do much more damage if specc'd right, but found it hard to stay up when I am held by a CW.
    If you want to kill a pally you need to play smart. Don't just get his attention and face tank him, jump him with a CW or a TR and stop him hitting his skills. time your attacks and we go down easy. There are groups I've come up against that work together and can kill me easily, other people just do the old 'RAWR PALADIN UNLOAD EVERYTHING' and allow us to get off temp HP and start a rotation, and to them... I'm invincible.

I don't use the daily that allows you to go large, however I do use a yeti pet to try and get me a little damage buff... this makes me increase in size frequently. I know I had a 8+ group that I managed to wipe out in Strongholds, it took a while but I managed.

when 1 guy hold 12 players.. its not a question of rotation!
  • Options
    cyn15cyn15 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    .....or one CW or a SW who doesn't decide to unload everything in a terrible order.
    Guild - Synergy, Australia
    SW - Lanfear, GWF - Krivnaar, OP - K'aathorn, DC - Allegria, CW - Mierin Eronaille
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I was there today with you when this certain individual was popping his ability, and yes we had to pop two dailies on him in order to drop him. People that don't have these AP/Stamina overloads available to them fighting individuals like this is a hopeless cause, try burning through 260k hit points with tenacity gear (rings and belts/neck), T. Negation, heals, T. Feytouch and heal boons proccing.

On a note, this guy's guild was running Clerics and Paladins that were constantly healing catapults today, so go figure.

Developers again, dropped the ball on this.

I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    what? skill, rotation, WAI...
    OP is bugged as hell, and overpowered as hell, why does anyone try to defend it?
    12 vs 1, 7 vs 1 ?
    you really want to say ppl that this is caused by casting the wrong encounter at the wrong time?
    I have rarely read something more pathetic, lol