test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cheaper to buy ad, then bag with ad, or just buy bag with real money?

stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
I figure it probably balances out, but can't check because servers are down and I am going to either buy a bag, or ad while the servers are down. Er, unless the zen store is closed too. Anyway, wanting to get the most bang for the buck. In general, is it best to buy ad, then stuff from auction house, or just buy from the zen store or whatever it's called? Bank space can only be bought from store right and not players?

Comments

• Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    Prices are in flux right now, and so is the ZAX, so I don't know if anyone can answer that. You'd have to compare the price of the bag in the Zen shop vs. the price in the AH vs. the price of Zen in AD.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    1° Gather some AD, convert them to zen the price are low

2° Use invocation on your character until you have the "-15% on everything"

3° Buy it with zen

In fact the price in AH is a litle more expensive than the zen shop because of the 10% lost by selling at AH.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm needing bag space now. Takes too long to get ad via playing game. I had A LOT of AD but got hacked and lost all my ad (most my gold and runes etc.) on my previous main character, with a full inventory. I rerolled a new character, but wanting to hand down the items to that character from my hacked one over time. So, I'm hoarding a lot of stuff on all 3 my characters.

Doesn't the 15 percent off stuff you get from invoking expire within an hour? Or is that only with the level up bags? I've been invoking a lot, don't recall seeing a 15 percent off yet. Is it an item? Great, more bag space will be taken up..

Good point about the 10 percent loss.
  • Options
    Yes the 15% off stuff expires after 1H, that's why you need to have 850 Zen ready.

Still have a look at AH before buying ( sometimes there are so many bags bought with 15%off that it's more effective to buy at AH), but the cheapest will still be 15% off with ZEN
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Buy it from the farmers, fuckit
  • Options
    said the farmer
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Prices will need to settle lower across the board, Ive lost on average 61.5% of my total AD gain in any one day. Some of that will average a little better as Im saving all of my salvage I can for double ad weekend at some point, but I figure I will be south of 50%.

But on any typical day 60% less AD creation. Say you bought rank 5 stack for 12k , that means it should now be roughly around 4800 per stack .

Cost gated items of course are stuck behind a pay wall we can no longer afford. They are the worst items to flip fast.

Cost of ZEN market items have lost roughly 25% of their entire value this week as the zen exchange plummeted, however, the AH prices HAVE not reflected this loss of value as of yet. Some of that is like real estate, people expect what they paid for, not what the new market can bear.

The faster you get ahead of the pricing curve, the quicker you will flip a item.

The longer you hold on to it, the more value you will lose as the pricing will continue to tumble.

Of course, this is all dependent on what cryptic does tomorrow, its hard to speculate that.

Good luck!

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Bought 2000 Zen. Hardly buys squat. Was hoping to get bank space AND the best bag, maybe have some left over for an appearance change sometime. Nope. I'll wait for sales.

16 bucks for a bag is ridiculous.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    i am still using the dragon bags (drops from tiamat), they are 20 spaces i believe, enough for me...
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Tiamat is probably too high level for my new main. I'll keep that in mind though, thanks.

Yeh, gear score of 12000 is needed for Tiamat I just read. No way I can make it that far without more bag space. All these runes and refinement stuff takes up so much space. That's why I left the game before, got frustrating. If anyone has advice on how to handle all that junk let me know. I have been feeding the low level enchantments to my artifact. I have a BUNCH of enchantments that need upgraded, but can't find the items needed to upgrade. So they're just sitting in my inv. or bank, or on items waiting.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I just bought 6 more months of VIP pass! Nooooooooooo~

Well I had a 15% off coupon, zen prices weren't declining at as fast a rate as I expected, and I really wanted the ability to post items to the AH without paying the posting cost.
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    I got my dragon cult bag by losing Tiamat.. 0_o
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Whatever you do, dont hand Cryptic a dime till they get their act together.
    Also, putting money in a game in decline is probably not wise any way.

Too late, bought 2000 zen. Haven't spent it yet tho, waiting on a bag or bank space coupon. Doesn't the money go to Perfect World? Both?

Game seems populated to me. Way less people play other games that are going strong.