test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you ready to pay real money for VIP and Leadership (old version)?

johnbonrangejohnbonrange Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
To fight bots
To make players happy
To content Cryptic new politic: money OR time for AD
A solution: integrate Leadership (old version) to VIP and make players pay real money for VIP

Are you ready to pay real money for VIP and Leadership (old version)? 70 votes

Yes
25%
soltaswordsantralafaxsenterionosilverkeltneilburtonoliboyphrickcase276aquarius79tripsofthrymrregenerdedandare#8529linoge63consustesjohnbonrangenovakk1jernmajorenxedo01rabapistrik 18 votes
No
40%
lyaisetomiotarsockmunkeyblazious11colierklangeddinnwpilgrimshadows1313banaancwardenpowerstheycallmetomucambo1682freakywazzyal0bargphxgphxfishwhisperer#8695vida44gweddryndiovulviel 28 votes
I don't care
12%
kvetshadw2012rhoriangelusashnnwgromm1must6dietantrumusmaximuszerorewardorion#2009 9 votes
John, you're boring me
21%
sasageruabsoulterhyakusekairaistlintaoarabaturlooomisdarkstarcrashdamelionschweifer1982altumaasmistrandumdragonaulduroncjh1983hawkeyel 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Yes
    In a first time, i ask that leadership (old version) is integrated to VIP (example: AD leadership recipes become available at VIP rank 1, 2 or 3). Thus, dev's will have time to find a better solution and players, perhaps, will stop to leave.
    I'm not focus on Leadership.
    Post edited by johnbonrange on
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Yes
    I liked the last one best though.. lol

I said at the start.. allowing vip to be purchased via AD was a mistake.

Hence here we are today.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Yes
    I did spend real money for VIP, even though I didn't have to.

I'm not going to spend any more money until my trust in Cryptic is restored.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    John, you're boring me
    Cryptic said that the game will never have a subscription. Thats the only constant in this game, beside that no dungeons will return.
  • Options
    Yes
    looomis said:

Cryptic said that the game will never have a subscription. Thats the only constant in this game, beside that no dungeons will return.

But i don't demand anyone to pay to play.
    I just propose that an advantage (VIP or Leadership or other) need to be payed for.

• Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    John, you're boring me
    For VIP i would. For leadership I wouldnt.
    For AD i won't pay zen, its meant to be earnable through playing, therefore I shall play, but the new changes and the cap placed on AD earning from playing is the real enemy for me.

I chose the poll option because I could :P
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    John, you're boring me
    I dont care about leadership .

-There was a time when playing this game was fun now its not ....
    -Now ther are no events just pvp.
    -Your character feat choice are lethal.
    -Gearing up is take huge huge time or huge real money more then i can spend.
    -There are limited dungeons and the reward is nothing back in beta and mod 1-2 we dont have millions of ad but to run a dungeon was rewarding ppl buyed gear from ah and it was fun.

First they need to fix the prizes of respec /upgrading mounts companions/ GMOP /Stronghold AD donate/transmute .

anything else is buls....
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    Not a chance, both leadership and VIP were already payed for, purchased, garnered with real cash, etc etc. Now you are suggesting we pay them again? And when they find this works, they'll remove access again and try and do it all over again :)

cheers
    Ello
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

I'm already paying for VIP, but it has been already nerfed. I will continue to pay? I don't know... game is in an ill state at the moment.

Echo;
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I don't care
    I voted "I dont care" as much as I bitched and moaned about losing all my hard earned work because I think the game will find its way one way or another. The thread on AD changes could go on for 1000 pages and it's not going to get reversed so I've said what I'm going to say in the other thread and that's it.

I'm getting past the hurt and angry emotions and getting more towards the "whatever it's a video game" stage and will see what the devs do from here.... if the next Mod is great and the big plan is unveiled and totally shocks me "yay" there is hope for NW.... if not I'm done with this game "Finito." Still hesitant to ever fork over my $ ever again based on what happened but that's another matter, maybe they will do something that instills some trust going forward.

The only negative I'm going to say is that I've never really seen an MMO remove content (speaking of dungeons here) because that's like the "Anti" of what any MMO direction should be.... there should always be MORE to do, not vise versa.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    No
    Cryptic doesn't care whether people spend real money for VIP or buy VIP with zen. Every zen someone gets off the ZAX is a zen someone somewhere purchased with real cash.

It would, however, create a self-reaffirming cycle if VIPers had leadership AD and everyone else didn't, because then only the people with VIP would be able to afford the ZAX costs for zen to continue making their AD.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    John, you're boring me
    Old-style leadership is (rightly) gone, so this poll is pointless.

And I had 10 characters with lvl 25 leadership, so don't count me as someone saying leadership armies were exploiting.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Yes

I'm already paying for VIP, but it has been already nerfed. I will continue to pay? I don't know... game is in an ill state at the moment.

Serious question: In what way was VIP nerfed? I have VIP but was not aware of this.
  • Options
    No
    it used to give +% AD from invoking, and no longer does.
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    I answered No, because the choices were too limited...

Yes, I would pay VIP for the ability to get some AD from Leadership. But not at the old system.

For a yes, you would:

1) Have to limit the number of characters that an account could use to Craft.
    2) Make the Leadership Tasks that do reward AD, require Materials gained through Crafts (Like a couple EPIC's still do already)
    3) Make Leadership Task reward Account Bound Vouchers that only help in Strongholds. (Assuming Strongholds will continue to adapt upward with new Mods, and these will be required indefinitely)
    4) Make Leadership Tasks that reward AD require a Hero's, and Mithril Asset.
    5) Make Leadership Tasks that reward Assets have three Success Tiers for the rewards.

If this were how it was done, then yes, I would support VIP allowing it.

Of course, if this was done without VIP, I would still support it.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Yes

it used to give +% AD from invoking, and no longer does.

I hadn't noticed, but now that you say that I see that you're correct. Did they announce that change?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    No
    I only noticed because it's like "Oh hey, all my AD acquisitions are round numbers again. That means no +%. Sigh."

I have no idea why they did that. You'd think they'd want to encourage people to have VIP passes. Especially bots, because if they ban a bot that bought VIP, that's free money.
  • Options
    Yes

Old-style leadership is (rightly) gone, so this poll is pointless.

And I had 10 characters with lvl 25 leadership, so don't count me as someone saying leadership armies were exploiting.

I don't see that there was a problem running Leadership on one character per account. I don't understand why Cryptic sold up to 50 character slots. I consider this their problem that they are making mine.
  • Options
    No
    Well, a lot of people abused the ability to have multiple accounts, apparently.

I mean, I've only really ever had 2 characters actively benefitting from leadership on my main account. I had a secondary account, but it got to be too much of a pain and frankly it's basically cheating, so I cut it off (and deleted the characters) a long time ago.