test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New OP tank needs guidance on Scorpions in eLoL

nwnwbcnwnwbc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
So after getting my tush handed to me in a major way and looking at length on yee olde intraweb to no effect, I'd like guidance on this pull and encounter as a whole. The GS is 2.6 and my fellow dungeoneers are about the same. Cheers :)

Answers

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    You say OP tank - so that is to presume you went Protection path and stacked-up your HP to the gills. I'd recommend you stack your ArmorPen on all your offensive slots and avoid the claw attack (by actually moving out of the way). This is my own set-up (in short) and I'm always the last one standing everywhere I go; definition of a "tank".

Neither I or anyone else can give much more advice without knowing more about your build.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    There's a couple of ways of dealing with those Scorpions, but I find by far the easiest way is to have one of the party members kite/pull one of the Scorpions off, away from the party, while the others deal with the one that's left behind.

With a decent bit of DR and - as I'm a Devotion Paladin, it's all I get - Shield of Faith active, claw attacks shouldn't hurt you all that badly. The scorpions have a pretty standard set of attacks. Claw - Fire Breath (Cone) - Meteor Storm (Small red zones) - Lava Puddle (Slightly bigger red circle directly in front of the Scorpion and under him). Be careful of the last one, though, as it does hurt a lot and sometimes the red circle doesn't cooincide with where it'll appear. Sometimes it will show as if they will spit it off to the side. They wont. It'll always appear directly in front of them.

Generally, you'll want to avoid any red zone attack (duh). Most of their red zone attacks are followed by a claw swipe, unless you stay out of their range for a longer bit of time. You can coax their swipe by moving into range and directly out of it, at which point they'll swing and miss. Having your party members off to the side and back of the Scorpion is adviseable, as they generally don't have as much Temp. HP, DR and other means of protection as you do.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    ilfiredilfired Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    it mostly use fire breath -> claw -> fire breath -> claw, with fire breath move to the side (easy to avoid the red zone like that) and as it finish the breath u use lunge at him (radiant strike works good) - it will start claw atk so u just need to move right after u lunge it. sometimes it will use the lava -> after the lava i think there is a breath. since the lava has long activation u will have time to hit it and when it start lava breath u just move to the side again. with the meteor it might be harder but here u just need to guard and u will be immune to the knock over.
    any way u just need some experience, got to runs with friends/guildies and after 4-5 runs u will have a way to deal with them that suits u.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Wait you iL is 2.6 and you cannot just have DP, Templar's Wrath and face tank the pair of them?

That's all I do. As long as there is a healer of any sort.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    At 2.6 IL I feel you should be able to do this fairly easily especially if you have a healer of any sort (as mentioned directly above).

I'm a bit new to the Pali, think finally hit 70 on the dude about a month ago so I won't try to add much on what to do except for a tactic that I use.

-I tank both scorpions with my back basically against the right wall. It keeps all of their AOEs facing away from party members and gives the party a huge amount of room. This means they don't find themselves in trouble and loosing focus. Now, this gives me very little room but I'm fine with it. Since there is nearly no room for me that also means there is no room for any other party member to randomly put themselves in front of the scorpions (some folks do this for some reason, I dunno).
  • Options
    mantera47mantera47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    As obsidiancran3 said, just face tank them both and don't stand in red. For this fight, I switch BL for RA for the extra mobility and agro (as well as the faster AP recharge) since you don't need to worry about the knockback.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I can facetank both with my devotion OP. Protector should never struggle.

Only thing you need to keep your eye on is the firestorm they cast as standing in it a second after it's started blazing will insta-kill you without warning. When they cast it, try to keep agro, but back off out of the area the mini-AoEs are falling from.
  • Options
    Ghoul if you have the Burning/Reflecting/Justice Devotion build you are far more invulnerable than any Protector.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    vow on 1 bane the other stand back outta melee range and kite both while the rest of the party kills them with ease.

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Ghoul if you have the Burning/Reflecting/Justice Devotion build you are far more invulnerable than any Protector.

I'm using no cheap cheese. Just light path and invested into bulk.
  • Options
    jody095jody095 Member Posts: 90 Arc User

Can you explain this? Is devotion a better tank than prot?
  • Options
    Strictly speaking no.

However the Devotion build in question produces so much healing combined with damage that it is invulnerable to most things, just like the tanks, and the damage and healing pulls agro very effectively.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock