test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Roadmap for gear upgrading after level 70

randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
So you've reached level 70, and don't have too much AD in the bank, you have a couple of the free artifacts, some basic stuff like lesser soulforge and plaguefire, +6/+7 enchantements, and all the free companions. To make things harder you are a soloist. What would be your next steps to get better gear to get more AD and so on?

Here is the gear we have available:
(I'm using letters to mark the tiers to avoid (or create) the confusion.)

Tier A
a) Elemental Evil quest line gear
b) Epic Tier 2 Mod 5 gear
c) Eternal Gear from WoD

Tier B
a) Dread Ring: Thayan Servitor gear
b) Sharandar: Iliyanbruen gear

Tier C
a) Icewind Dale: Epic Black Ice gear
b) Icewind Dale: Corrupted Black Ice gear
c) Icewind Dale: Purified Black Ice gear

Tier D
a) Alliance Assault/Raid gear

Tier E
a) Elemental Alliance Assault/Raid gear

Tier F
a) Elven Assault/Raid gear

Tier G
a) Elemental Elven Assault/Raid gear

Here are my thoughts.
Tier D and above are out of reach for now as running dungeons in Tear A gear without lots of legendary enchantments and artifacts is considered too hard/inefficient. Out of tiers B and C, the latter - Black Ice Epic seems to be the easiest to get (8,000/9,000 black ice per item could be mined and refined in 3-5 days). So the first step is from Tier A => Tier C.

Now the part I don't know yet. Once you've got Epic Black Ice gear, +7 enchants as above, what would be your next steps?
Run dungeons/skirmishes? Which ones?
Or level up another character to get the Sigil first?
Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
Post edited by randomdigits#2166 on

Comments

• Options
    Could you clarify which T1s? Like Malabog?
    Also notice the "soloist" in my original problem statement, as it seems to be a known fact that, yes, a well communicating group of players (some) in eternal gear could complete T1s with some effort.
  • Options
    djionicsxb1djionicsxb1 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    TBH i think the best way to get some of the best armour other than black ice is to get the PVP armour (has item score of 135) and afaik second best to the Purified black ice and elemental and later ingame when you have unlocked black ice shaping you can turn it into Elemental (item score 137)

EG Burning Executioneer Helm (135 item score) becomes Elemental Burning Executioneer Helm

Hope this helps
  • Options
    edited September 2015

We cleared all of them multiple times, you cant solo dungeons, and you can acquire the eternal set on your own if you prepared last mod.

What I mean by soloist is someone who does not have a regular group of friends to run dungeons with. Nor even a microphone. E.g. I just cannot use microphone as I'm playing at night when the rest of my family is sleeping. I do have a keyboard attached, but that never helped. I can probably use the headphones but I would be on mute.

That setup mostly worked for T1 skirmishes and dungeons in Mod 5, but now in Mod 6 I'm afraid it's really going to be a disadvantage. Yet this might be a fairly common situation for console players, who cannot or do not want to chat with other people.

P.S. I do have Eternal set and considering buying the Lostmauth necklace for 14 Linus, but that's an off-topic.

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Thanks for the tips guys. I've yet to reach 70 but have enough glory/medals to get most of the Burning pvp gear straight off.

I was wondering about proper T2 pve gear though. Where does the Elven Assault gear come from?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    elikenuielikenui Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I have a few guys that I leveled to 60 in the last double xp event so they don't have the ToD campaign advanced enough to get the eternal gear. For PVE gear, is the best option in this case just to use the best stuff you can find from drops and quest rewards until eventually trying to get T1 gear post level 70?
  • Options
    My main point was no: you should mine black ice and get the Epic Black Ice gear. Or, as others suggested, buy PvP gear if you can afford. Or (if it takes you a few months to get to level 70 :wink: ) ) just wait till there is something useful to be purchased from AH.
  • Options
    Now that I've almost reached 2,000 IL on my CW and got a couple of boons unlocked in each campaign I'm finally able to run the Epic Skirmishes - Kessel's Retreat and eToS with a PUG of low-leveled players just like me.
    And since these skirmishes drop/reward with a lot Alliance gear and seals I feel like I'll soon be able to save up seals for some better items.

Curiously, for my class (CW) the alliance gear isn't really that better then a combination of Black Ice, Thayan and generic blue gear, since aside from slightly higher HP it gives Crit/Power/Defense/Recovery while I'm stacking up ArPen and Life Steal. So finishing more campaign boons and leveling up artifacts/artifact gear seems to be the easiest way to go.
  • Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    15 linus for lostmauth neckless...and you should
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    You should easily be able to run Kessels or shores enough to get the Alliance gear. Much better than PvP gear, imho.
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    pvp gear is definitely a very good interim step to pve content, plus if you picked up your burning set you'll have your pvp set ready for when you pvp.

The pvp set isn't replaced by your pve set; you should have both and use the proper set based on the situation. I highly recommend doing the pvp campaign and using pvp as a step to get your pve set. You'll have better options in the long run and the pvp set will get you through T1 and into T2 content.
  • Options
    maryrose101maryrose101 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Real shame life steal has been Nearthed a main power for warlocks tricksters and wizards and as for better armour good luck with the endless farming
    I preferred the game as it was
  • Options
    Well of dragons has a poor showing now
    With Tiamat practically empty
    Game makers never learn
    This Mod 6 Is just been bolted on
    With the shear purpose of cashing Inn
  • Options
    Many of my Guild and many of my friends have packed the game Inn
    And moved on
    Fallout 4 is Coming soon YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    regarding the pvp gear.. what if i don't want/like to play pvp?
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User

Skip and buy gear with elemental seals then.
  • Options

Skip and buy gear with elemental seals then.
    Trying. Not too many Kessel's runs made. Dungeons are tricky and very few: dungeon lag, kicks, party stuggling against certain bosses, and people leaving.
  • Options
    I've found this short, but fairly informative guide to getting the new gear from PC version:
    http://noblemisfitsguild.enjin.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/22614406/id/23006990-brief-guide-to-new-lvl-70-armor-sets
  • Options

I've found this short, but fairly informative guide to getting the new gear from PC version:
    http://noblemisfitsguild.enjin.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/22614406/id/23006990-brief-guide-to-new-lvl-70-armor-sets

thanks for this, man. will give it a thorough look over