test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons Dailies Gone?

So my dailies are just gone. At first it was Barrow Demolitions so I said maybe it wont be the case with Mithral Mines. Did the quest line, which did let me go into the mine, turned it in and waited til the next day. I went to grab common cause thinking the Mithral Mine quest would come up next except it didnt. It says I need it for the common cause but cant accept the quest to actually do it. Before anyone ask this is like my 3rd character doing these dailies so I know who I'm suppose to pick them up from. Does anyone know why this is happening because after contacting PW they knew nothing?

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    So, you are level 60+(needed to verify since you are talking about low level dragon areas) and talked to Harper Broward to get the first stage of Common Cause. Does the light come on over the head of Theraclast for ED, or Fitzhugh for Mithral? Do they offer the second part of common cause and you can't accept it or they do not even offer.

The addition info will help narrow down the problem.

This won't help but, If it makes you feel better, you will unlikely be able to do any of the lairs anyway. They are all bumped up to the equivalent of level 70 difficulty. Your character gets temporarily raised to 70, but without 70 equipment, it is futile.
  • maryrose101maryrose101 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Even with level 70 gear you will still need a friend or a group to do level 70 stuff
    If you choose to solo it will take you ages
  • darkryder0darkryder0 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

So, you are level 60+(needed to verify since you are talking about low level dragon areas) and talked to Harper Broward to get the first stage of Common Cause. Does the light come on over the head of Theraclast for ED, or Fitzhugh for Mithral? Do they offer the second part of common cause and you can't accept it or they do not even offer.

The addition info will help narrow down the problem.

This won't help but, If it makes you feel better, you will unlikely be able to do any of the lairs anyway. They are all bumped up to the equivalent of level 70 difficulty. Your character gets temporarily raised to 70, but without 70 equipment, it is futile.

Yes I am currently 70. When I talk to Harper Boward I can grab all the dailies from her including common cause however after excepting them their are no other quest to pick up from anyone. No marks above their heads and even when I talk to them, thinking maybe its just a visual bug, I get nothing. The quest is not there to accept.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    You don't by chance have an old quest in your journal still do you? Thats the only thing I can think of.
  • Any chance to post a picture showing the quests associated with it on your screen? It sounds like its something on your end bc you're the only 1 who appears to be having this issue at the moment. Maybe you forgot to do something? Already accepted the quest & didn't realize it? Didn't turn something in, & thought you did? Idk...doesn't hurt to ask for a picture so someone can help out. Idk...maybe something with the EE update caused a problem. I haven't done anything 4 her since EE came out, so Idk. Have 2 start somewhere...lol
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I have had this happen to me before, you just need to abandon the quest and possibly wait until the next day to do Harper Dailies again. It seemed to happen to me on the couple of times I left the daily for a day or 2 before doing it and trying to hand it it. It all goes weird after that unless you abandon them.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe

You don't by chance have an old quest in your journal still do you? Thats the only thing I can think of.

Well I have quest from skipping portions of the story(not in my journal but knox has them) but I have done that on other characters with no problems. I'll try and finish them and see what happens but I really shouldn't have to.
    wdj40 said:

I have had this happen to me before, you just need to abandon the quest and possibly wait until the next day to do Harper Dailies again. It seemed to happen to me on the couple of times I left the daily for a day or 2 before doing it and trying to hand it it. It all goes weird after that unless you abandon them.

I tried this before I posted and still nothing.

Any chance to post a picture showing the quests associated with it on your screen? It sounds like its something on your end bc you're the only 1 who appears to be having this issue at the moment. Maybe you forgot to do something? Already accepted the quest & didn't realize it? Didn't turn something in, & thought you did? Idk...doesn't hurt to ask for a picture so someone can help out. Idk...maybe something with the EE update caused a problem. I haven't done anything 4 her since EE came out, so Idk. Have 2 start somewhere...lol

I would but its just like I described really. I go to accept the dailies from harper boward which I can do. Then when I go to accept the lair?dungeon? quest their is no quest to accept. I talk to the individual who is suppose to give it to me and
    get nothing also no its not in my journal.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I mean like one of the Daily mini dungeon quests, you can only have one, so if say you still have Ghost Stories in journal you won't be able to pick up any of the others.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I mean like one of the Daily mini dungeon quests, you can only have one, so if say you still have Ghost Stories in journal you won't be able to pick up any of the others.

This^^^^^^^

Seems the best probability for your situation.

zephyriah said:

This^^^^^^^

Seems the best probability for your situation.

Their was nothing else in my journal other then the quest from harper boward.
  • Did you accidentally delete the quest for the dungeon/mine before/after completing it?

If not, how about trying to go to each of the locations for GS, & the dungeons/mines, & see if you can enter any of them?

I do agree with FLUFFY6977, that it appears the game says you still have something that's not completed, & for whatever reason its not in your journal. It very well could be a glitch, & your 1 of the unfortunate ones

Hey, at least you have some ppl trying to help you, so it doesn't hurt to at least try whatever is mentioned...lol
  • err0rpr0n3err0rpr0n3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Yeah, I had a similar issue but had some level 60 items left from before the update. I just cleared them on one of my characters and everything *SEEMS* to be happy again. Mind you that currently I can't solo any of the level 70 stuff with my "starter" gear which obsoleted most of my old gear except the draconic stuff if I just go by the item level. Now I need to figure out if that number actually means anything since the stats seem to kinda run counter to the numbers in my opinion. like the "*recommended" indicator basically.
  • vdeekvvdeekv Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    One other thing to try... If you know who the quest giver is for the lair mission, go and interact with them and see if they'll give you the quest.

I had the same happen with the Rothe Valley 'Forged in Fire' mission. I picked up common cause then when I looked for the quest giver to get the lair quest none of them had the question mark over them.

FiF quest is given by the Harper sitting on the crate, so I spoke to him and was indeed able to collect the quest, even though he wasn't highlighted.