test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Butt handed to me on Spinward Rise!

ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
Anyone else getting owned in Spinward Rise? I done ok in the first 3 areas but Spinward seems to be a big leap in damage to me. I've managed to get 4 of the 2nd set of 8 done but not looking forward to getting another 4 and then the last 8, assuming thats all that needs done in SR? Love these new additions though, the floating quest was fun!

Comments

• thurstonhowellthurstonhowell Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Not sure what your item level is, or what gear you have. All I can suggest is to make sure you are running the highest equipped gear and enchantments you possibly can and that your character is spec'd properly for what you are trying to do. Things will only get harder in the lv70 zones.
    Bourbon - OP/GWF/SW/CW [The Legendary Outlaws]
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    it's a bit harder, but i'm not doing too bad. i try not to pull any more than 2 groups at a time. i followed my quest path in to a Heroic Encounter on my own and didn't realize it until it was too late and that didn't go so well, lol.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Managed to complete SR last night on instance #19 thanks to a big group running around killing things, I got my free weapon and after an hours play today am only 20,000 points away from 69 and the free level will get me to 70 and my other free weapon.

Question now is what gear should I be looking at getting? Is it the set in WoD or are there better sets to get and if so how? I'm a Hunter Ranger.

Thanks.
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    The eternal set in wod is a leveling set used to level from 60-70. Its stats change with each level you gain, even though it doesn't state that. Its good for t1 dungeons to gain the currency needed for your choice of armor from the vendor. There are several new sets of armor available now. Once you reach 70 the quests will take you around to each vendor and show you what's available.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

Oh great so I should of got the WoD set before I started my journey from 60 - 70! Is it still the set to use now other than my current 2x Royal Guard and 2x Grand Warden?

Been trying to find out how to get the new Elemental sets but cant find out a definitive answer on how you get them?
    I'm pretty sure the elemental sets are the ones you buy with coins earned in the new epic dungeons. There is also the new black ice stuff that looks pretty interesting as well. From my experience, anything pre mod6 is useless any more. They are set up for the old stat curves and not the current content, which is why I assume everyone is complaining about the difficulty of the new areas. I attempted starting out with my old gear and said screw that... Went and bought the eternal set and things got much easier. As I stated before, they scale with your level, so they are still good even at 70 to get you started earning coins for the elemental sets. Once you reach 70 you get a pretty nice cloak from your new quests. The new artifact weapons are a joke imo... I bought the leveling enso main and offhand which is epic and has better stats than the new artifacts leveled to legendary. So I would invest in them before everyone realizes this and the price goes up. I bought both for around 28k AD total...

Whats the enso set you mention? Iooked but cannot find anything!
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Imho, in Spinward Rise not every class can handle the cloud giants + minions solo. As a CW (in Eternal set from WoD) it was extremely hard for me. So either stick to the simpler tasks or look for an active instance with many players and follow some group.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
    ancojo said:

Whats the enso set you mention? Iooked but cannot find anything!

Ensorcelled Mulhorand Weapons

Imho, in Spinward Rise not every class can handle the cloud giants + minions solo. As a CW (in Eternal set from WoD) it was extremely hard for me. So either stick to the simpler tasks or look for an active instance with many players and follow some group.

Having the Eternal set isn't quite enough, but it's a good start. Keep in mind ArP in very important and is needed quite high as well. The standard 24% from mod5 is only about half what we need now. So slot the right enchants to beef your stats. I've seen many cw's soloing SR content... ArP is why so many are running around in templar gear and still fairing well... It's just not enough in every situation tho...

Oh so the Ensorcelled Mulhorand Weapons are better than the free level 70's? It says they level as you progress and but as I'm level 70 how would it progress with me now?

Thanks for the help, as you can see I'm not a genned up as some!
  • amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    ^^^ its maxed to its full potential now. No need to progress
    Compare the stats, you will see... You can see you're artifact weapons thru the collections, scroll over to see its stats for legendary. Go to the AH and find your enso weapon, for me, the legendary was 1 point higher in damage. Big Deal, lol... and the stats weren't as good.

• soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    I thought Spinward Rise was easy. I had no issues there.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Yea Spinward Rise was quite easy until someone decided to pull over 5 giants at once. I was like, really though really? lol
    Yes, it is/was easy... but i and I'm assuming you guys went in properly geared and had high ArP. I finished the area at 67 and farmed the giants and such to 70. Sadly, i wasn't to impressed with the new artifact weapons. Oh well, time to grind the new campaigns... good luck everyone.

The new artifact weapon is much better cause its like the old offhand. i went in geared with the Eternal gear and my old level 60 stuff. My Cleric isnt geared at all and has no problems.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

Must just be my Call of Duty run and gun style of playing!
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Hey I still play COD too, well not AW but I tore BLOPS 3 a new one! Anyway I am similar I guess, that's why I choose TR. I run up and destroy everything before anyone else gets there. I tend to backpack my team in Team Deathmatch, averaging 35-50 of the teams kills lol.

But, I also LOVED (still love) Skyrim. And I played everyway you could in that game so I am used to thinking about my attacks BEFORE initiating in combat.
    Maybe, i know i like to be right up there in the fray of it all and get killed all the time. So i have to retrain my brain to play to the character, not the gung ho style of get in there and try to kill all.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

I loved BLOPS2 especially zombies Alcatraz map, I was in the top 70 at one stage but not played in a few years. I detest Ghosts, AW and the BLOPS3 does nothing for me, got a code played the BETA hated every single minute of it! I just want them to go back to their roots, WaW was class, it was a good old fashioned army game not this heavy based tech HAMSTER with exo suit rubbish! Boosting in BLOPS3 along with effing wall running and from what I've heard TELEPORTING has seriously sickened me as I thought Treyarch had more sense, more like no sense! If theres one iota of wall running or boosting in zombies this year CoD go eff itself! I just hope Treyarch stick to what they do best, zombies with no stupid powers!

Did anyone actually like AW's zombie mode?
    We need an epic Zombies map on Neverwinter. or Legendary Zombie map. HAHA. just get swarmed by thousands of Zombies when you enter, get one shotted. LOL then as you lay there they chew on you. LOL
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

• randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User

We need an epic Zombies map on Neverwinter. or Legendary Zombie map. HAHA. just get swarmed by thousands of Zombies when you enter, get one shotted. LOL then as you lay there they chew on you. LOL

How about the Dread Ring main camp and the 50 zombie crowd at the entrance?

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    On PC there was a foundry mission where you were mobbed by undead, it was a blast. I miss the Foundry.
  • fallengodlokifallengodloki Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Level 69 cw currently, full eternal gear set, still with my old 60 gemmed shirt and pants. All rank 7 darks in offense and defense and rank 7 azure in utility. Spinward is relatively easy for me, the cloud giants can sometimes kill me if I don't pay attention, but for the most part I have no problems.

Some mobs you just have to attack in a certain way, always kill the ranged ones first for example.

Also, avoid all HE unless you have a group running them. They will face roll you back to the campfire.
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    No problem here...used my DT set (for the ArP) to 67 and FINALLY switched to the Eternal gear for the HP. It is harder but if you load out with mostly rank 8 (and one 10) Darks ...you will hover around 40 ArP to make life a Hella lot easier.
  • Increase your HP, big time. My s.o. did this for me and I am now having no problems. I can go into Well of Dragons and survive. I was able to take on 3 giants at one time. I am currently sitting at 52,798. If you were level 60 prior to the update and you had already been in Tiamat, go back and purchase the Eternal Gear. This helped a lot.
  • Also, see Sgt. Knox when you get to level 70. You'll get an offhand and a neck. GL!