test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Put back the dungeon/skirmish hours and the daily quests!

rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Removing AD from Leadership was a good move, really - but removing these two things WAS NOT.

Do you have any idea how long it takes to get a group if you queue for a dungeon or a skirmish outside of dungeon/skirmish hour? FOREVER. The ONLY decent time to do this was during the hourly events!

Also, you're going to remove all of our ways to make AD and then make it so we can't even hit the daily RAD cap without salvaging?! Removing daily quests was a stupid, stupid, STUPID choice. I'm sorry, it really was.

I understand you're trying to throttle the amount of AD that is being generated, but the problem was indeed mostly bots, which weren't even doing most daily quests.

Also. You removed the ONE incentive people had to play Foundry quests? Seriously? And you can't even get seals of Triumph now! Who made these decisions, and have they been fired yet?

Comments

• Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Each new decision that is posted on these forums seem to take things away from the game, rather than enhance it. I just don't understand what their agenda is. It certainly isn't listening to their players or at least be seen communicating with us. It really is insulting.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    I love the Foundry and I hate to say it, but it seems like PWI has made all the money they want to on this game, and they are burning it down like they always do to make something else...

Hopefully Sword Coast Legends will do better, since it's made by actual D&D players, not to mention so far the game hasn't even been released and they are already working on several things that were suggested for their Toolset to improve what the builders can do with it.

I've been waiting since beta to see that kind of improvement for my Foundry here...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Completely agree with the OP. Removing the dailies was a bad choice. I am in the middle of getting armor for my new main, and I need the Seals o Triumph. Even when they fix it, say next patch, I will have lost a week of progress. They make no effort to think these things through--they just rush out with changes and worry about the "details" later.

Lacking professionalism is the nice way to say it. I could say other things.
  • Options
    fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I've been here for shy over a week, spent about $100, and my confidence in the staff has plummeted to zero. Really wish I had played longer before plopping down real money.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User

Removing AD from Leadership was a good move, really -

Oooh... be careful what you wish for.

[...]but removing these two things WAS NOT.

BLAMO!

LOL

Okay - you do make good points, but I can't help but lave at the oxymoronic nature of your opening sentence. Yes. really.

They need to leave things as they are. Screw those Daily HAMSTER - removing those was a good move, really - [Whoops, I'me sound like your first opening there, so I'll shift gears} ...what they need to do is to add additional "game-playing" sources that are solo-friendly. For example: the mini-dungeons in each zone during level-up. And the same auto-AD with cap they are now offering for full dungeons (co-op play) to zone-mini dungeons that you find in Sharandar, Dread Ring, and so on.

Then, and only then, would I not be so pissed off at what we got right now. I get it: they're still trying to figure out what they'll do. But I am so tired of their knee-jerk overreaction management style with no plan whatsoever. It's sad that Gentleman Crush is gone and it seems the only long-term Dev still there is Panderus - all this new management if full of BS ideas and these new Devs are creating pot-hole central code full of bugs.

//stomps and walks off in a huff
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I've been here for shy over a week, spent about $100, and my confidence in the staff has plummeted to zero. Really wish I had played longer before plopping down real money.

That being said, I hope you bought a good pack, like Knight of the Fey Wild for instance. I hope the game comes back at some point, but it has been at loggerheads since April--with a tiny bright here or there.

It's sometimes a wonder to me that any of us log on at all.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Removing AD from Leadership was a good move, really -

Oooh... be careful what you wish for.

[...]but removing these two things WAS NOT.

BLAMO!

LOL

Okay - you do make good points, but I can't help but lave at the oxymoronic nature of your opening sentence. Yes. really.

They need to leave things as they are. Screw those Daily HAMSTER - removing those was a good move, really - [Whoops, I'me sound like your first opening there, so I'll shift gears} ...what they need to do is to add additional "game-playing" sources that are solo-friendly. For example: the mini-dungeons in each zone during level-up. And the same auto-AD with cap they are now offering for full dungeons (co-op play) to zone-mini dungeons that you find in Sharandar, Dread Ring, and so on.

Then, and only then, would I not be so pissed off at what we got right now. I get it: they're still trying to figure out what they'll do. But I am so tired of their knee-jerk overreaction management style with no plan whatsoever. It's sad that Gentleman Crush is gone and it seems the only long-term Dev still there is Panderus - all this new management if full of BS ideas and these new Devs are creating pot-hole central code full of bugs.

//stomps and walks off in a huff
    Removing the AD from leadership (which was just clicking on a window every few hours for TONS of AD) and removing the daily quests that offered AD are comparing apples and oranges.

You could easily do Leadership on 50 characters and pull in a million AD per day doing almost nothing. And that AD would be refined in the day, so the cap was doing nothing to slow it down at all.

You can't do the dailies on 50 characters a day. There's literally not enough hours. Even if you get incredibly fast parties, it'll easily take you at least an hour to get through the skirmishes and dungeons part, then another hour or two depending on your luck in PVP, assuming you can even fill a party in a reasonable amount of time.

You really think the daily quests that awarded raw AD are essentially the same as raking in a million AD for something that could be easily botted?

And yes, I agree that maybe there should be more possibility for people to play solo and still get AD, but then, this IS and MMO. That stands for "Massively Multiplayer Online". If you want to play a game totally solo, maybe go buy a solo game? The high-end gear and best stuff in pretty much ALL MMOs is usually had by playing hard group content, not by puttering away by yourself for months.
  • Options
    fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2015

They need to leave things as they are. Screw those Daily HAMSTER - removing those was a good move, really -

Please read the lead developers post on the changes. Because some forgot or didnt feel like getting the daily key, the rest of us have to run the same content twice for the old reward of running it once (with the key). How is this a "good move"?

Doubling the amount of time I have to put in because the reward per time was cut in half is anything but a good move.
  • Options
    marcus1979marcus1979 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    i needed my ad and now poof just one more thing they screwed up on. Me i'm for having most of their staff fired. Playing this game is now tedious and with no good rewards. i used to do my daily dungeons and trying to get my epic gear for my toon and now i can the same dungeon 50 times and not score one piece of epic gear. I can fight tiamats dragons and not score anything. If they are done with the game then just shut it down since more people are leaving everyday. It's bad enough to have play solo so much since no one even cares about talking in chat to find parties to do quests together and the few that do make the game play more interesting but it's got to the point that out of a 100 players in one area no one even chats anymore. This is not a mmo anymore, it's a solo game where everyone is too busy trying to do quests by themselves and i should know after 3+ years of playing.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I dont mind the removal, I would rather just see simple cost adjustments to the game, that will fix most of our issues atm.

That and lets get back some old dds.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'm not sure what you're on. I'm getting 4500 AD on avarage in my first dungeon run, the previous quest gave 3000, why would I want the old system back?
    The skirmish daily was even worse, what I got in 3 runs now I almost get in 1.

Seriously, are we complaining just for the sake of it?
    2 runs of ToS and 2 runs of Shores/Tuern alone can give about 8000 (4000x2) + 4000 (2000x2) + 6000 (salvage) = 18000 AD, tell me how I could ever make near that amount in such little time with the previous system? Leadership doesn't count.
  • Options
    A level 5 character could make 15K + one skirmish hour running Blacklake during the event hour. ONE event hour.

Also, are you doing pugs, or are you running with a guild/friends in premade teams? If you don't have a big guild or a lot of friends, putting together a group is harder now and takes longer.

Also, the daily quests gave you ADDITIONAL AD outside of event hours.

I used to hit the cap just on doing my dailies/running during event hours, on ONE character, without AD. I used to be able to build up a BACKLOG of AD on my character with dailies and events on my main. He's still got 100K AD waiting to be refined, in fact.

So yeah. Hitting the cap before was MUCH easier, and much more rewarding.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'm not sure why you're pulling the pug vs guild/friends card (I do both, but I mostly PuG). Clearly the hourly event advantage the latter and not the former, since to squeeze the most runs in a time slot required the group to be good, complete (for instant queue) and fast. A PuG is likely to have trouble to fullfill all these conditions at the requested time. For casuals it was even worse since they don't really get to pick the hours when the events will be on, so if they couldn't play during that time, they were screwed, and they're surely better off now than before.

The level 5 character hitting the cap so fast just running like crazy the same skirmish during the hour event was a clear lack of balance of the game, as higher level characters could not pull out the same with their level appropriate skirmishes (No you couldn't do 21 Dread Legions in 1 hours, sorry, not without a crazy premade group, and most likely you would have been better off doing Kessel/Shores for AD instead, which take a bit more time). I also don't see why low level characters should be able to farm as much AD as higher level characters at all. This was clearly a design decision to move away from the low level alt army and force you to invest on the characters you actually enjoy playing.

The backlog can built even now if you do Epic Dungeons, Epic Skirmishes, Domination PvP (at least twice each) and then salvage all you get from chests (1 free from dungeons and all free from epic skirmishes, with the 2 + 2 that's a minimum of 9000 from that alone.)

Epic LoL and Shores/Kessel are all easily puggable as well (since the DR/AP bug fix), so I don't see any issue there either.
  • Options

I'm not sure why you're pulling the pug vs guild/friends card (I do both, but I mostly PuG). Clearly the hourly event advantage the latter and not the former, since to squeeze the most runs in a time slot required the group to be good, complete (for instant queue) and fast. A PuG is likely to have trouble to fullfill all these conditions at the requested time. For casuals it was even worse since they don't really get to pick the hours when the events will be on, so if they couldn't play during that time, they were screwed, and they're surely better off now than before.

The level 5 character hitting the cap so fast just running like crazy the same skirmish during the hour event was a clear lack of balance of the game, as higher level characters could not pull out the same with their level appropriate skirmishes (No you couldn't do 21 Dread Legions in 1 hours, sorry, not without a crazy premade group, and most likely you would have been better off doing Kessel/Shores for AD instead, which take a bit more time). I also don't see why low level characters should be able to farm as much AD as higher level characters at all. This was clearly a design decision to move away from the low level alt army and force you to invest on the characters you actually enjoy playing.

The backlog can built even now if you do Epic Dungeons, Epic Skirmishes, Domination PvP (at least twice each) and then salvage all you get from chests (1 free from dungeons and all free from epic skirmishes, with the 2 + 2 that's a minimum of 9000 from that alone.)

Epic LoL and Shores/Kessel are all easily puggable as well (since the DR/AP bug fix), so I don't see any issue there either.

Fair enough, maybe level fives shouldn't be able to make 15K in one skirmish hour, but you asked how you could have gotten as much AD in the old system. I answered.

You have a still have a hard limit on the amount of AD you can get now doing these things. Before, you could do a few skirmishes for your Daily, a dungeon, a few PVP matches, and get plenty of AD, and make up the last bit to the cap with invocation and running extra matches during events. it was still a bad move. Now you have less incentive to run extra dungeons once you hit the cap. Yes, you could roll more characters, but what if someone doesn't want to run more than one character through dungeons each day?

And about salvaging. True, Except with the ridiculous equipment requirements for the Stronghold, every bit of equipment drops we get are going into our coffer. People shouldn't have to decide between their few AD they can still get and the Stronghold.
  • Options

I'm not sure what you're on. I'm getting 4500 AD on avarage in my first dungeon run, the previous quest gave 3000, why would I want the old system back?
    The skirmish daily was even worse, what I got in 3 runs now I almost get in 1.

Seriously, are we complaining just for the sake of it?
    2 runs of ToS and 2 runs of Shores/Tuern alone can give about 8000 (4000x2) + 4000 (2000x2) + 6000 (salvage) = 18000 AD, tell me how I could ever make near that amount in such little time with the previous system? Leadership doesn't count.

Used to get 8000/day doing PVP, now it's a little over 4000.
  • Options
    kajataekajatae Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I've played MMOs since EverQuest in the late 90s. Since then I've played dozens of others. I have stuck it out through some tough launches, rough patches, and even seen a few games I was playing go red. I take it all in stride. However, since playing this game, off and on since around the time it launched, I have to say I feel let down. I love D&D, and I had such high hopes for this game. It still has great potential, but those that manage the game have either taken it's player base for granted, or they simply haven't taken into account how these changes have impacted the players.

Personally, I feel like I've been spending most of my game time in Neverwinter trying to keep up with constant changes at a faster pace than I've ever had to in any other MMO. A lot of the changes have negatively impacted my game play experience, and it's no secret that I'm not the only player that feels this way. It may be a bit harsh, but I can't recall a past memory as a gamer that has been as quite as frustrating as my experience in Neverwinter. I've done the best I can to keep pace with the chaos, but somewhere along the line my love for the game got butchered. I don't think I'll be back. I can only hope that the people responsible for this mess stay the hell away form other MMOs. This is up there with how "Square" botched Final Fantasy 14. Not quite that bad, but it's up there. They deserve to know their HAMSTER up, if they for some reason don't. All any of us can really do is utilize the forums and hope some how things even out eventually. I wish the remaining and future players all the best. I hope to hear in the future that Neverwinter has finally become the gem it was always meant to be. Until then, I'll find me an MMO that doesn't quite test my sanity like this one has. Games may die, but games don't. We just respawn. =)
  • Options
    kajatae said:

I've played MMOs since EverQuest in the late 90s. Since then I've played dozens of others. I have stuck it out through some tough launches, rough patches, and even seen a few games I was playing go red. I take it all in stride. However, since playing this game, off and on since around the time it launched, I have to say I feel let down. I love D&D, and I had such high hopes for this game. It still has great potential, but those that manage the game have either taken it's player base for granted, or they simply haven't taken into account how these changes have impacted the players.

Neverwinter is a pretty unstable place, isn't it?
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Fair enough, maybe level fives shouldn't be able to make 15K in one skirmish hour, but you asked how you could have gotten as much AD in the old system. I answered.

You have a still have a hard limit on the amount of AD you can get now doing these things. Before, you could do a few skirmishes for your Daily, a dungeon, a few PVP matches, and get plenty of AD, and make up the last bit to the cap with invocation and running extra matches during events. it was still a bad move. Now you have less incentive to run extra dungeons once you hit the cap. Yes, you could roll more characters, but what if someone doesn't want to run more than one character through dungeons each day?

And about salvaging. True, Except with the ridiculous equipment requirements for the Stronghold, every bit of equipment drops we get are going into our coffer. People shouldn't have to decide between their few AD they can still get and the Stronghold.

i could do ~8 dread legions ( more if we premade the group) in 1 hour. which makes 11k. which is more than the 7.2k max you can make now.
  • Options
    blackdragon1968blackdragon1968 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Removing AD from Daily Foundries (which were dodgy at best to begin with) was a huge mistake. There is absolutelty NO incentive to bother with them now. I have sat through predictable plots (oh, the guy who hired me is really the bad guy? Wow I didn't see that coming) and bugs that were painful to watch, let alone experience...all in the knowledge that at least there was some benefit to it. Now? Pointless.
    I had started playing this game in July'15, but I really don't see myself sticking it out for a year.
    Oh and BTW, with all bugs in this game, what makes you think I'd spend a rusted penny on it?
    I've spoken to people who have spent money on it, only to find the item or feature they bought was made obsolete by the new free add-on.
    Post edited by blackdragon1968 on
  • Options
    blackdragon1968blackdragon1968 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Also, someone had something to the effect of "Don't play an MMO if you want to do everything solo"
    -Well given that it's supposed to be a derivative of Dungeons and Dragons, which had always attracted me because there was none of the competitive d*ck waving that you find in sports, PvP games and FPS's, I find it ironic that a good majority of players try to turn this into that very thing.
    As in real life, it is extraordinarily difficult to find people with a common pupose willing to work together. So punishing someone because everyone else is selfish and non-cooperative seems unusually unfair.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Also, someone had something to the effect of "Don't play an MMO if you want to do everything solo"
    -Well given that it's supposed to be a derivative of Dungeons and Dragons, which had always attracted me because there was none of the competitive d*ck waving that you find in sports, PvP games and FPS's, I find it ironic that a good majority of players try to turn this into that very thing.
    As in real life, it is extraordinarily difficult to find people with a common pupose willing to work together. So punishing someone because everyone else is selfish and non-cooperative seems unusually unfair.

I have no idea why you think that forming groups is HAMSTER-waving competition. Do you play Dungeons and Dragons P&P by yourself? No. You can't play it by yourself. You need at least a few other people or you're going to be sitting there with a bunch of sourcebooks all alone, so I have no idea why you think a D&D MMO should be capable of being done entirely solo.

And actually, it really, really isn't that difficult to find people to help you with whatever specific group content you need done. Though I agree the emphasis on large guilds goes a bit far with Strongholds, I've never had any problem finding groups for things when I needed them. And before anyone says "Oh I bet you're a tank or a healer class, everyone needs those", nope. My main is a TR. No one NEEDS a TR, in fact most people don't even like TRs, and I do just fine.

And regardless of the source material, this is still an MMO. You're SUPPOSED to do things with other people. ALL MMOs put their best stuff behind group content that requires a lot of coordination to get through. That's just how MMOs work. Putting groups together is easy if you actually make an effort. If you sit around waiting for a well-formed group with room specifically for you to fall into your lap? Yeah, you're gonna have some problems.

May I recommend the Dragon Age series, or the upcoming Sword Coast Legends if you feel you're being unfairly penalized for not playing with others?
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    For dungeon runs, it is OK. Because you are more flexible to do it and get AD. For pvp reward, it is a nerf. 8k AD >7.2 K AD.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options

For dungeon runs, it is OK. Because you are more flexible to do it and get AD. For pvp reward, it is a nerf. 8k AD >7.2 K AD.

It was 8K for ~4 PVP matches. How many matches do you have to do to make 7.2K AD? I haven't figured that out yet, nor have I seen 7.2K AD from PVP in a single day.