test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

so - finally got to ask...

I've been playing for a few months now, but finally got to ask - is there any reason why when you kill an NPC the game throws the coins halfway up the nearest wall, and your loot bags over the edge of the nearest drop?

Is this designed for some reason I'm unaware of?

Comments

• Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    You'd think they could just drop it like they do the refining stones....right where you kill the thing. But at last, they don't. No idea why, but it is what it is lol
  • Options
    ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Your supposed to boost jump using your exo suit to get the coins and teleport to get your loot! /sarc

I wouldn't worry to much, odds are it was that much money or the loot was just just scrap.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I Sonic roll to get mine....just saying. Though Tails does get in the way sometimes
  • Options
    rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Its an mmo thing, killing an enemy should yield the same effect as bashing open a pinata as a kid, watching your "candy" rain about
  • Options
    bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    My only complaint is that the bodies don't fly as high or as far.
    As a GWF, when I kill a monster with Restoring Strike (which is an upswing) they should fly at LEAST 30-40 feet in the air and land somewhere on the next map (yes, I hit that hard). :#

Edited to stay relevant: @OP most times, you do not need to be very close to a drop to pick it up. If out of reach, pointing your reticle at the drop usually brings up the 'grab' menu. As to the drops that fly off a ledge... meh sorry :(
    Post edited by bagoat on
  • Options
    tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    bagoat said:

My only complaint is that the bodies don't fly as high or as far.

As a GWF, when I kill a monster with Restoring Strike (which is an upswing) they should fly at LEAST 30-40 feet in the air and land somewhere on the next map (yes, I hit that hard). :#

Edited to stay relevant: @OP most times, you do not need to be very close to a drop to pick it up. If out of reach, pointing your reticle at the drop usually brings up the 'grab' menu. As to the drops that fly off a ledge... meh sorry :(

I don't think you rolled a perfect 20 Crit to make that happen
  • Options
    fallengodlokifallengodloki Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I've never killed a leprechaun before, but do you think if I stabbed it with my knives, lucky charms would explode everywhere?
  • Options
    Only if the Trix-ster Rabbit stabbed him, not you. Sorry
  • Options
    tikielitetikielite Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Just to jump back in - one reason I asked is because this is deliberately coded this way. Not every time but quite often. Yet it never happens to other loot type, such as lock boxes. I wondered if this had ever been explained.
  • Options
    bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    They say when you die, you release your bowels. I think this must be where the lock boxes come from and so drop straight down.
    At least, all I've ever gotten from them is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so... :p
  • Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Got pretty lucky with lockboxes thus far...RNGesus loves me I guess. I would like to see a thread started on scammers though speaking of lockboxes. My recent lockbox gave me an epic air archon and when I placed it in AH...I got a message asking to trade for a Greater Plaguefire. Intrigued, I pulled the auction and met him for proposed trade. When he proposed Greater Plaguefire in trade menu...he started adding about 12 needless items and proposed. Lucky me, I scrolled to top and seen he pulled the Greater Plaguefire from the proposal and I quickly cancelled. He scampered away and I reported it...don't know what they would do though. Watch your backs!!
  • Options
    Yea, I still get dumb dumb people trying to switch Gold for Silver, or even Copper, when I trade with them. I just stand there like really, then I tell me to run away.
  • Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Still...interested in seeing a thread on scammer stories and what to look out for. As a new user...I cant start topics!