test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another Update Respec Issue - Missing Stats

notromsnotroms Member Posts: 6 Arc User

I went to respec my character like we all are doing since the update. I was in the stat tab. I had not attempted to put any points in my stats yet. I was just looking at the screen for a minute or two and deciding where to put the points when, right in front of my eyes, all of my base stat points drop by one for every stat! Where it showed STR 14 only seconds before, now it displayed STR 13, and so forth down the line, for each stat. Nothing else on the screen changed - I did not gain extra points to spend or find the missing points added to a different stat. My character was not wearing stat altering artifacts/equipment and there were no stat influencing potions active either. I tried exiting the menu and re-entering and it did not reverse the change. I also tried logging out of the game and back in, that also did nothing. I really enjoy playing, but a permanent 6 point stat drop is significant in the performance of any character. How can I reverse this? I would take either a reset back to day 1 of the update, or an opportunity to re-roll.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    daisynyc4100daisynyc4100 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Did you have the campfire buff wear off? The campfire buff adds +1 to all your stats, hence why when I first started playing I noticed sometimes my stats would be higher by 1 or less by 1 throughout the day. Go stand in the campfires for a little while till you get the double fire symbols next to your character name and then re-check your stats.

3.7K CW - LadyCamelot
  • Options
    notromsnotroms Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I thought about that, but everything including buffs were all the same before and after the shift. Since I submitted a ticket, and got "Unfortunately, we do not currently have an in game bug report system. Please refer to the Xbox portion of our Neverwinter forums, this will allow other players to discuss the issue and give feedback." I'm just going to use some Bing points to buy Zen then a token.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    That is a campfire buff wearing off. It is not a bug. A campfire gives you +1 to all 6 stats until it wears off. 15 mins, I believe.
  • Options
    ketthooverketthoover Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    You can determine if it was the campfire, if you don't think that's what it was. The ability score table shows the sum of the total stats for each roll and they range from 72-77, then on top of that you can get +2 or +4 from your racial traits. Sum up what you were seeing before everything dropped, if it's 82+ it for sure was the campfire (77+4=81), if it's 80 or 81 you would need to assess your race and value of your primary stat (72+2+6=80). But, likely as others said it was the campfire bonus especially if all six were dropped at once.