test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

High Prophet in Mod6

popezen01popezen01 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
I saw someone post that High Prophet was still the BiS for DPS clerics in Mod 6. Looking at the armor calculator wouldn't you get stomped not using the new armor that gives all the extra hit points?

Anyone run HP on PC still?

Comments

• thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    Can be done with proper group composition. If you're pulling a lot of aggro then it's not going to work well. But if you focus on de/buffing, then mobs go down so quickly they don't have the time to murder you properly. If you're grouping with a tank that can't keep aggro, or lacking in a decent amount of CC then go for the armor with hit points on it.

If you find yourself grouped with proficient players, you're going to be just fine in high prophet.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    ^^

HP is highly situational. I don't think it can be your only armor. But if you don't mind carrying three sets of armor (Elemental PVE, Elemental PVP, and HP). With the right groups in dungeon or while running heralds/dragonflight , HP is totally useable
  • tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    I never run anything else than HP in PvE, I have about 35-40k HP and I'm fine. Usually we don't even have an OP in a party, just GF, and it's totally doable
    As long as your in a good party i agree. Last night i ran ecc in HP without a tank. I died A LOT

Also soloing IWD is a pain in HP, first off your damage from HP comes from stacking it. Secondly IWD mobs hit hard and use ranged attacks (i'm looking at you dwarven archers).

So I'd say build around an HP set, but keep a mod 6 set around for when you need more hit points.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    HP has just 1 powerful feature, but poor stats for Mod6 +.
    You lose hit points and many things compared to the lvl 70 armor sets.
    I would not consider it as BiS, but as an alternative for some cases.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
    I keep 3 sets

DPS set - 3 piece elven restoration, 1 piece elven assault - high crit for damage and hp to deal with additional agro
    Buff/Debuff set - high prophet - low hp, requires good tank for support in dungeons
    PVP set - burning duelist

If i hadn't already built the elven set for dps, i'd probably just settle for pvp and hp set. I wouldn't get as much damage but it would be close enough.

With hp on i loose 54,479 hp, 1728 power, 2,002 crit, 2,501 defense and gain 176 recovery

Everything is pretty negligible in terms of loss with the exception of the hp (depending on how much stats your pulling from the rest of your equipment, artifacts, and enchants. However, in terms of team contribution the hp set providing a 30% boost to the rest of your team will far out way the benefit of taking another dps in your place (not counting our other contributions). IF you can stay alive