test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how to improve leadership post your sugestions

givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
FIRST AND FORMOST ASTRAL DIAMONDS ARE GONE DEAL WITH IT DON'T BRING THE ARGUEMENT ABOUT IT HERE.

Now as I look at the post leadership I see nothing that constitutes the investment needed.

experience is not a good reward for leadership for 3 reasons
1. the exp reward is to small for the time per task 14 hours for 800 xp
2. speed to hit max level I leveled my paladin to 70 in two weeks casualy
3. time needed to max out the prof I have been working on my leadership on 2 toons for 6 months and its still not maxed.

so I sugest that leadership be given.

1. research point gems
a. rank 1 green gem
b rank 2 blue gem
c. rank 3 purple
2. enchants
example
a. rank 1 random rank 5 enchant
b. rank 2 random rank 6 enchant
c. rank 3 random rank 7 enchant
3. rare tasks
rank 1 preservation ward account bound
rank 2 bag with preservation ward or chance at colecent ward account bound
rank 3 bag with preservation ward or chance at colecent ward or greater mark of potency account bound
4. rare task
epic dungeon key.
5. cut the exp needed to max it out by 25 to 50%
6. if set on keeping xp as a reward double or even quadruple the xp reward to at least make it even with what you would get from a quest.
example
rank 1 thru 5 reward xq equal to level 10 to 30 quests
rank 6 thru 10 reward xp equal to level 31 thru 50 quests
rank 11 thru 20 reward xp equal to a level 51 thru 60 quests
rank 21 thru 25 reward xp equal to level 61 thru 70 quests.
9. elemental or protector seals but as I said this one is iffy as those seals could then buy gear that could be salvaged so don't see this one all tho would be nice for extra way to help gear.

these are the things I could think of to improve the profession post your ideas on how you envision improvements
Namin Soulburner
NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    1) a 1 week task to make preservation wards (5 at a time)
    2) a 1 day task to make a mark of potency
    3) a 12 day task to make a GMOP

This would be something like the mod 6 alchemy, but not completely stupid the way that is.
  • Options

This would be something like the mod 6 alchemy, but not completely stupid the way that is.

i like that idea

My favorite suggestion I have seen is to be able to craft Epic Marks from 4 Rare Marks, Rare from Green, etc.

I like that one to

just loaded up my leadership que on my char and just realy wasn't anything worth doing 200 to 400 xp for 12 to 16 hours just a waste I could spend 5 min per char and earn 5 times that
    Namin Soulburner
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    simple fix give more BTA(bound to account) refinement points botters cant sell it but honest players can use the hell out of it. if the real reason for the change is botters this would have been the response but it wasnt the problem was nobody was buying zen bcause they could farm up a couple hundred thousand AD then wait a few for the zen exchange and boom. it was cutting into the profit. so the announce a draconic "fix" to beat the botters but it only causes a panic in the ZAX and they make out like bandits. The people and botters sittng on AD hoards have their value of their ad go up and the only one whjo gets the poo end of the stick is your average player who just wanted to have enough AD to do stuff and have fun in game
  • Options
    theoddis1 said:

simple fix give more BTA(bound to account) refinement points botters cant sell it but honest players can use the hell out of it. if the real reason for the change is botters this would have been the response but it wasnt the problem was nobody was buying zen bcause they could farm up a couple hundred thousand AD then wait a few for the zen exchange and boom. it was cutting into the profit. so the announce a draconic "fix" to beat the botters but it only causes a panic in the ZAX and they make out like bandits. The people and botters sittng on AD hoards have their value of their ad go up and the only one whjo gets the poo end of the stick is your average player who just wanted to have enough AD to do stuff and have fun in game

I agree with the bta items as for the rest that is something for another thread as I said at beginning of post the ad are gone there not comeing back so lets move on.
    Namin Soulburner
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    They could tie Leadership into companions, since we do lead our companions after all. Rare tasks could include certain companions as rewards, also runestones and companion-specific equipment. I know it treads on the Sword Coast Adventures stuff, but it doesn't have to be just companions.

They could build on the only strength left in Leadership, RP. Offering more chances at getting different kinds of RP, such as peridots, aquamarines, etc, would be nice.

I also think there should be a boost to the EXP and gold rewards across the board.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    My suggestions:

1. Reduce the duration of all leadership tasks by 50-75%.
    2. Update all leadership chests/caches to include items for all professions, all the way from levels 1-25, of the appropriate rarity for those chests/caches.
    3. Update all RP caches to include the possibility of dropping purple RP stones.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    I actualy started a new char got her to 11 going to see how effect doing leadership and invokeing as only source of exp in leveling a char
    Namin Soulburner
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Easy quick solution that even the DEVs should have no effort with, remove the 3 task limit.... As easy as removing the AD, is it not...?

A long task like alchemy, that produces a GMoP with a couple easy to acquire resources so that any botter can't just mass produce em for profit. Because most of us shouldn't be using 50 toons to produce over 100 GMoP at a whim...
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2015

They could tie Leadership into companions, since we do lead our companions after all. Rare tasks could include certain companions as rewards, also runestones and companion-specific equipment. I know it treads on the Sword Coast Adventures stuff, but it doesn't have to be just companions.

They could build on the only strength left in Leadership, RP. Offering more chances at getting different kinds of RP, such as peridots, aquamarines, etc, would be nice.

I also think there should be a boost to the EXP and gold rewards across the board.

Or you know companion upgrade tokens. They took leadership away at least give us something from leadership to use towards all the AD sinks.

Hell make it BoA wards, mops and gmops. As long as leadership lets us advance our characters I don't really care about it not giving AD.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    bioshrike said:

My suggestions:

1. Reduce the duration of all leadership tasks by 50-75%.
    2. Update all leadership chests/caches to include items for all professions, all the way from levels 1-25, of the appropriate rarity for those chests/caches.
    3. Update all RP caches to include the possibility of dropping purple RP stones.

1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Easy quick solution that even the DEVs should have no effort with, remove the 3 task limit.... As easy as removing the AD, is it not...?

A long task like alchemy, that produces a GMoP with a couple easy to acquire resources so that any botter can't just mass produce em for profit. Because most of us shouldn't be using 50 toons to produce over 100 GMoP at a whim...

The "easy to acquire resources" would have to be Bind on Pickup, or else they'd just purchase enormous stacks of the relevant resources off of the AH before they start production.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

ghoulz66 said:

The "easy to acquire resources" would have to be Bind on Pickup, or else they'd just purchase enormous stacks of the relevant resources off of the AH before they start production.
    Sure sounds like a pain in the HAMSTER to pay AD to stockpile multiple blue/green resources off AH on 50 toons....

• Options
    stossr2stossr2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    1. Add in tasks to help with upgrading companions... it is leadership afterall... you like lead your companions up a level or something.
    2. Instead of just character level xp, change some tasks to xp bonus items that can be used to boost profession xp returns in the same way the zen market buffs work.
    3. Allow leadership to help the development of a stronghold or guild in some way.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User

They shouldn't take quite that long. Make them BtA, so that you can only use them to benefit yourself, instead of as a *gasp* way to make some profit on the AH.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    I'd say bound to character actually.

Let's look at it this way: To get BIS you need X GMOPs. Let's just say 120 because it's an easy number to work with. Let's say dev team wants us to take 1 year to get BIS. Thus, the GMOP acquisition rate should be 120/360 (again, easy numbers) per day, or 1/3 per day. Since you can run the task 3 per character, that means each individual task should take 9 days to complete. Assuming that you're working with white assets and as thus have the task at 1/1.15 rate, that means the task should take 10.35 days. For rounding/making sure that people with better assets aren't too fast, I imagine they'd want it to be 12 days.

Obviously, the number of GMOPs needed, the expected time to get BIS, etc, all these issues can affect what would be the optimal time period needed. But a 12 day task isn't entirely out of line. This assumes Bind to character. Bind to account just gets us back to leadership army territory, albeit with a "at least they're buying character slots amirite?" ideology.
  • Options
    rghbrghbjrghbrghbj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

This big time....
    urabask said:

Hell make it BoA wards, mops and gmops. As long as leadership lets us advance our characters I don't really care about it not giving AD.

I agree totally. Just make the leadership profession viable.

Go ahead and remove ways for botters or players to abuse AD generation but give us players a way to further our characters. When the game is fun and players feel they are treated right, they will respond by financially supporting the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    A few forewarnings:

Lets say bob is a robot. Beep boop. He gets Bound to Whatever GMOPs from leadership.

He uses those GMOPs to make higher tier enchants, and then sells them on the AH.

Bob has successfully monetized bound items.

For this system to work, you'd need to bind enchants when they use bound resources.

Well, that, or ensure that the GMOPs are no longer a substantial cost of the upgrade process (since the AH takes a 10% cut)
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User

I agree with the bta items as for the rest that is something for another thread as I said at beginning of post the ad are gone there not comeing back so lets move on.

oh i know its gone and not coming back I an not arguing that point my point was the reason behind the removal of AD It was not because of botting it was because it was cutting into PWE profit and as long as they git there money they dont care about new players, old players, botters, casuals,harcore players or the economy all they care about is is this hurting our bottm line... and the answer was yes and thats why it was removed PERIOD

• Options
    theoddis1 said:

oh i know its gone and not coming back I an not arguing that point my point was the reason behind the removal of AD It was not because of botting it was because it was cutting into PWE profit and as long as they git there money they dont care about new players, old players, botters, casuals,harcore players or the economy all they care about is is this hurting our bottm line... and the answer was yes and thats why it was removed PERIOD

either way wrong thread
    Namin Soulburner
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2015

A few forewarnings:

Lets say bob is a robot. Beep boop. He gets Bound to Whatever GMOPs from leadership.

He uses those GMOPs to make higher tier enchants, and then sells them on the AH.

Bob has successfully monetized bound items.

For this system to work, you'd need to bind enchants when they use bound resources.

Well, that, or ensure that the GMOPs are no longer a substantial cost of the upgrade process (since the AH takes a 10% cut)

So do that? People can pay out the wazoo if they want unbound enchants.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    jernmajorenjernmajoren Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Changes to what leadership gives should in some obvious way directly help cryptic, otherwise its unlikely to be high priority.

Personally I would like leadership to change to focus more on Companions and Stronghold.

For companions - upgrades, companion gear/kits, tokens, experience, vouchers for discount on companions on zen market etc.

For Stronghold - it could be upgrade Vouchers for daily quests, items to use in stronghold pvp/pve possbily to increasy drop chances?, discounts on Stronghold boxes and keys, mounts or other.
  • Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    Many interesting ideas presented. Maybe some even might make me use professions in future but... only maybe.

Personally I sadly have no experience in being a necromancer and raising dead bodies ain't my thing: so I would say

Resurrect the Leadership to how it was and add weekly updated with regular maintenance captcha with nice DnD themed hand writings which would have to be filled correctly each time someone enters the Leadership window. It'll nicely slay the bot use, deflate a bit AD into sane levels, cause no panic attacks and not cut entirely one of the ways to play as a 'merchant'. Sadly it won't encourage much Zen buying as veteran players still will be able to (with much time and effort spent) get BiS so they probably won't pay real money.

Either way: good luck with Necromancy guys! I hope something constructive and saving a bit of player base will come out of it ;)
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Shorten time needed to complete tasks. There is no reason to keep the leveling time multiple times longer than other professions. Leave the profitable tasks (like l24 reso stone) ones untouched, as it should hasten leveling process, not increase income from profession itself.
  • Options

Changes to what leadership gives should in some obvious way directly help cryptic, otherwise its unlikely to be high priority.

Personally I would like leadership to change to focus more on Companions and Stronghold.

For companions - upgrades, companion gear/kits, tokens, experience, vouchers for discount on companions on zen market etc.

For Stronghold - it could be upgrade Vouchers for daily quests, items to use in stronghold pvp/pve possbily to increasy drop chances?, discounts on Stronghold boxes and keys, mounts or other.

any change helps them cause if they ignore it there going to lose players loseing players costs them money cause every angry player tells his friends they tell theres before ya know it game is dead
    Namin Soulburner