test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

just checked the new leadership at preview server and...

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
all i noticed was no more ad well we all know that, but there were no significant increase to exp gold gain, no update to what we get from the chests doing leadership; so basically leadership is now worthless profession.
im thinking about starting to focus on other professions like leatherworking or alchemy.

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Easier to remove stuff than change stuff probably.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    gromm1gromm1 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Well, it is not so worthless ... it gives lotsa "resonance stones" ... but yes, rank1 - 4 enchants are useless trash what leadshi also give... just adapt and tiger-37.gif next target.

• Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    It really gets me that they modify every task, but completely ignore that some 24h tasks now have the same reward as a 4h one.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    There is exactly 1 (ONE) task worth doing, at level 24, the resonant bag.

You can argue that maybe thaum is ok, for artifacts.

LEADERSHIP took/TAKES longer then any other professions.

It makes me sick that they think added exp or gold is worth anything.. I wonder over and over and over again, if they actually know/play/understand their own game.

IF they do not allow us to do ALL res stones in all slots open, then its a shame. Its the only thing that makes leadership worth a hoot after they patch this.

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Looks like the only thing they can do is make the game harder for regular players, while botters can do whatever they want to... good job.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Here is what happened: Someone made a spreadsheet showing that Leadership was the main source of AD in the game (exploits were left off the list of course - no point reporting something you are incapable if fixing) and someone made a knee-jerk reaction to it. Easiest fix, delete the AD from the profession. Does it make sense leaving the profession designed around mailing AD without AD? Nope...but it solves the problem.

They will get back around to removing the AD sinks they put in the game specifically to combat this, and get around to making the profession make sense again....someday.

Meanwhile, this is all on page 8 of the Bot-Neverwinter Daily news, because it won't make any difference.

You designed the game around making 24k AD per day on multiple characters...the fear is people can bot it. Easy solution, make it so that you can queue tasks for your characters and put everyone on the same playing field.

Idea: New profession, Taskmaster. Use 1 taskmaster (which takes one slot) to manage other slots. Each level of taskmaster allows them to control more slots. Tools (whips, etc) can be used to increase the speed of managed tasks.

Anyways....
  • Options
    gromm1gromm1 Member Posts: 47 Arc User

Idea: New profession, Taskmaster. Use 1 taskmaster (which takes one slot) to manage other slots. Each level of taskmaster allows them to control more slots. Tools (whips, etc) can be used to increase the speed of managed tasks.

Anyways....

Taskmaster = programmer
    slot = player
    speed = money

Use your "imagination" and "whip" away, :D

ps. it is just how slot feels now... o:)

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    toes are gone, and there is no feet left for them to shoot at, all that left is to shoot in thier own arses.
    this is what they do, take out and take out and take out instead of moving the vouchers to currencies, instead of redoing Dread Ring, Sharandar, Icewind, and Well of dragons mob difficulties pull back down, instead of fixing one shots, and we want those profession kits upgraded since rank 1 to rank 4 are too low for 70 lvl players, and they dont even bother repair the potions, they also wont fix mob speed and over-flanking the tanks which mean instant group wipes.

extra XP? geez, some of players are maxed, even the companions are still stuck at capped levels with no access to get companion tokens for new ranks.
    golds? just another fodder for kits and useless potions.

what players wants, easier way to get Greater Marks, Coalenscene Wards, and some better way for Preservation wards, i have seen T-Bar mercahnt are selling for 5 a stack when we can get stack of 10's from zen, it is cheaper than getting stack of 5's that dont stack with other 5's.

now i see more "Forcing Tactic" ploy by devs to run some dungeons which some are already pulled out, and most of us dont have time. is Devs really happy for "mass exodus"? what is wrong with them, why they are focusing on something to hurt players instead of eliminating the bots?
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    There's still a couple RARE tasks that give AD. The components are rare, so don't count on it everyday. ;)
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Alchemy has a long task, give leadership a long task to generate GMoP.
  • Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    But we are told this from the Dev team:
    panderus said:

Yes, the majority of rare tasks kept their AD.

*Quoted from the preview patch notes

Pre nerf 16 rare tasks gave you RAD. Post patch 3 tasks give you RAD. In my world 3/16 does not make a majority. Par for the course though.
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    wylonus said:

toes are gone, and there is no feet left for them to shoot at, all that left is to shoot in thier own arses.
    this is what they do, take out and take out and take out instead of moving the vouchers to currencies, instead of redoing Dread Ring, Sharandar, Icewind, and Well of dragons mob difficulties pull back down, instead of fixing one shots, and we want those profession kits upgraded since rank 1 to rank 4 are too low for 70 lvl players, and they dont even bother repair the potions, they also wont fix mob speed and over-flanking the tanks which mean instant group wipes.

extra XP? geez, some of players are maxed, even the companions are still stuck at capped levels with no access to get companion tokens for new ranks.
    golds? just another fodder for kits and useless potions.

what players wants, easier way to get Greater Marks, Coalenscene Wards, and some better way for Preservation wards, i have seen T-Bar mercahnt are selling for 5 a stack when we can get stack of 10's from zen, it is cheaper than getting stack of 5's that dont stack with other 5's.

now i see more "Forcing Tactic" ploy by devs to run some dungeons which some are already pulled out, and most of us dont have time. is Devs really happy for "mass exodus"? what is wrong with them, why they are focusing on something to hurt players instead of eliminating the bots?

And the sellers in chat still advertise & sell in game, under cutting Cryptic, and they do nothing to stop that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    The fact that the "fix" and "rebalancing" sums out to "remove the AD" is tremendously disappointing. I'd be fine if they actually reworked the profession rewards so that a player had the option between xp, prof. xp, gold, and RP. Unfortunately, just wiping the AD from the rewards - while easy - does a disservice to the player base. It's about as lazy as you can get for a 'fix'.

Had the Devs taken a couple days and offered up a new slate of profession tasks, I'd be far more willing to see where they were going in there thinking. No AD? I could be ok with that - provided the new rewards were useful to me as a player. I'm really skeptical that the profession will be looked at again, though, given past issues.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, they pushed the AD change together with Stronghold PvP... which wasn't very smart, considering how PvP in NWO is filled with a lot of problems on it's own.

They should have taken the time to solve this matter properly...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    canmann said:

But we are told this from the Dev team:

panderus said:

Yes, the majority of rare tasks kept their AD.

*Quoted from the preview patch notes

Pre nerf 16 rare tasks gave you RAD. Post patch 3 tasks give you RAD. In my world 3/16 does not make a majority. Par for the course though.
    Clearly the folks that proposed this change didn't graduate from H.S.
  • Options
    lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, they pushed the AD change together with Stronghold PvP... which wasn't very smart, considering how PvP in NWO is filled with a lot of problems on it's own.

They should have taken the time to solve this matter properly...

They can't do THAT, man...what are you, insane?! There's more lockboxes for them to design!

Also, I await...with morbid curiosity...the results of 'the current state of PvP' meeting 'Stronghold PvP'. I can't decide if this will be amazing (in good ways) or hilarious (in bad ways). Seriously, I'm hoping they can straighten this game out, but we'll see.

• Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User

They can't do THAT, man...what are you, insane?! There's more lockboxes for them to design!

HAHAHA want to bet new boxes come with Leadership packs. :)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,244 Arc User
    canmann said:

HAHAHA want to bet new boxes come with Leadership packs. :)
    Yes, you finally can get your "Hero". :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    nps8nps8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    All AD gone from Leadership on gateway. So much for "Astral Diamond Changes: The Leadership Profession has been modified to reward significantly fewer Astral Diamonds. Most tasks that used to reward AD no longer do so. Some tasks reward XP instead of AD. The rare level 4 task "Gather Diamonds" has been removed."