test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HR Elemental Evil Gear discussion

tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
Title explains this thread, this is for discussions of what gear we feel is good at lv 70, and for what spec'd HR we are. I'm a Trapper still after the respec, and i don't feel all to different. If anything, my archer HR on PC would be jealous over the survivalbility of my trapper HR on X1lol. I still find my lv 60 gear to be better than most of the lv 61-63 gear that's given from the quests (i'm only at lv 63 as i type this), but i may be in the wrong for not equipping them..

What about you guys?

Comments

• Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    I'm finding the same thing, although I'm still at lvl 62. The only thing I have upgraded so far are my shirt and pants. I think the benefit of higher level gear is the HP that you get, but you lose some of the other things. I don't think the HP is a big of a deal for us because chance of lifesteal is multiplied by our continuous AOE encounters. Loving it.

Have not tried to run a dungeon yet.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    same, i may run a dungeon if i need to gain a level for the next campaign zone. idk yet
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User

same, i may run a dungeon if i need to gain a level for the next campaign zone. idk yet

Shouldn't need to run a dungeon to boost levels but do so as a bonus. :)

If your rotation is precise, you will mass EXP during your questing/vigilances. I had a whole level+ more than my guildies when I entered Fiery Pits than when they departed.

MOD 6 did not hurt the HR performance. I don't feel the changes applied and the powers unlocked at 65 are awesome!

The Elemental set is awesome. The hoard coin vendor by Harper B offers the set. I had a great Epic set that is purposeful but fell short in 'performance' compared to the Elemental set. I thought giving up the great 2x2 set bonuses would hurt me, glad I changed! I am will experiment with more Azures later today. ;)

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options

Shouldn't need to run a dungeon to boost levels but do so as a bonus. :)

If your rotation is precise, you will mass EXP during your questing/vigilances. I had a whole level+ more than my guildies when I entered Fiery Pits than when they departed.

MOD 6 did not hurt the HR performance. I don't feel the changes applied and the powers unlocked at 65 are awesome!

The Elemental set is awesome. The hoard coin vendor by Harper B offers the set. I had a great Epic set that is purposeful but fell short in 'performance' compared to the Elemental set. I thought giving up the great 2x2 set bonuses would hurt me, glad I changed! I am will experiment with more Azures later today. ;)

just to inform me, but what's the gear name i should aim for? i'm only 66 right now, grinding to 67 before i get to Spinward Rise
  • Options
    fallengodlokifallengodloki Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    @soonergm: Actually AoE lifesteal is worse of than regular life steal. Say you have 10% life steal. With AoE spells you only have a 30% chance to proc, the 10% chance of Life steal.

You have a chance of a chance to get health back. Cws are in the same boat. It's noticeably different.

@tellistorterra and everyone else:

As far as armor goes, T1 is Alliance gear, iLevel 130. It drops in T1 dungeons or is bought with elemental seals. Mix and match to get the stats you need. I recommend Raid chest, Raid feet, Assault head and Assault hands.

Next is T2 iLevel132, Elemental Alliance gear, which drops in the T2 dungeons. I'd choose the same for what you picked in T1, to get the same upgraded stats.

Then we have the iLevel 135 Elven gear, purchased with Protector's Seals, which you get in T2s. They can only be purchased via the vendor in PE. I think elven Assault chest and feet, with Raid head and hands might be the best combo, again mix and match for your stats.

The last step is the iLevel 137 gear, Elemental Elven.. It's a small bump from Elven gear, so the choice is up to you. If you can make your own Unified Elements from Alchemy, they're not too expensive to upgrade. But it's probably not going to be very noticeable of a stat change, and since in our next module we get strongholds and their armors, which are better, it's up to you whether to save for them or go ahead and upgrade.
  • Options

@soonergm: Actually AoE lifesteal is worse of than regular life steal. Say you have 10% life steal. With AoE spells you only have a 30% chance to proc, the 10% chance of Life steal.

You have a chance of a chance to get health back. Cws are in the same boat. It's noticeably different.

@tellistorterra and everyone else:

As far as armor goes, T1 is Alliance gear, iLevel 130. It drops in T1 dungeons or is bought with elemental seals. Mix and match to get the stats you need. I recommend Raid chest, Raid feet, Assault head and Assault hands.

Next is T2 iLevel132, Elemental Alliance gear, which drops in the T2 dungeons. I'd choose the same for what you picked in T1, to get the same upgraded stats.

Then we have the iLevel 135 Elven gear, purchased with Protector's Seals, which you get in T2s. They can only be purchased via the vendor in PE. I think elven Assault chest and feet, with Raid head and hands might be the best combo, again mix and match for your stats.

The last step is the iLevel 137 gear, Elemental Elven.. It's a small bump from Elven gear, so the choice is up to you. If you can make your own Unified Elements from Alchemy, they're not too expensive to upgrade. But it's probably not going to be very noticeable of a stat change, and since in our next module we get strongholds and their armors, which are better, it's up to you whether to save for them or go ahead and upgrade.

thanks
  • Options

Yeah, what he said... :)

I do believe I have the Alliance Assault set, well, after completing Spinward I was awarded new armor boosting stats and Item score. I presently have an Item score of 1933 with one level and two bars till 70. Hope to hit 70 tonight by farming giants.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Hunter_Ranger/Epic_Gear
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User

it's interesting. i believe you totally. when i made my previous post, i had no problems with life steal, i had life steal numbers popping up all over the place. i don't know what is different now, but i don't have ANY life steal coming in. it's pretty brutal. i'm at level 67 atm.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    That's not good if life steal is not functioning as intended cause I have a lot of it and not by choice. Now a lvl 70 and needing to increase power and crit. Sad my lvl 62 DC has more power, 9k+. Working on a second lvl 70 so I can get my Sigil for the Hunter.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Sigil_of_the_Hunter
  • Options
    nicolelgnicolelg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Gear really depends on what you are planning on doing. For PvE dungeons you'll be focus on the gear already mentioned here, but if you plan on doing Icewind Dale and the PvP Campaign, getting a set of Burning Executioner might be your best aim.
    Guild Leader of Affinity.

-Lucipurr@Nicolelg
    Discord: Nicolelg#6179
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/LucipurrNW
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    PvE Based HR Trapper (Crit Focused):

Elemental Dragonflight Raid Hood
    Elemental Elven Assault Coat
    Elemental Alliance Raid Bracers
    Elemental Dragonflight Raid Boots

Most of the other upgrades lacked crit, or had armor pen and recovery, which I don't really need.
  • Options
    thanks for these responses. I'm a PvE person, tried pvp a lot on pc and only twice on xbox: it's not for me lol