test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level 60+ OP, No Well of Draggons

tkhbecker74tkhbecker74 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
So after getting my GF to 70 I decided to do an OP. Ran thru 60 and started Elemental Evil story line. After group logged for the night I decided to try and use the 11 or so Dragon Empire Relics I had to get some ToD currencies but the Well of Dragons is not on my travel list.

My guild mates are all 60 prior to the Mod6 update and have access but I do not? Harper Boward doesnt have the little text in her dialog to go to the WoD nor did SGT Knox have the rise of Tiamat quest start?

Do I have to be level 70 now to get the quest start or is this a glitch?

EDIT: 9/19 Well hit level 70 a day or so ago. SGT Knox had the "Rise of Tiamat" quest went to Harper Boward quest line continued and Well of Dragons was accessable from my fast travel. All is good with my OP now.

As for my other 9 Alts they all still have access to WoD though its in red.
Post edited by tkhbecker74 on

Comments

• patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    You SHOULD be able to go into the WoD, you will not get any sort of questline now that it is lvl70 though. Might be a glitch on your side though...I also leveled an OP up to 60 to start EE, I had no problems going into WoD.
  • cycloptomesecycloptomese Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Is it possible that you need to be so far in the Tyranny of Dragons campaign?
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I don't think that's the case. WoD is just a gear score required zone. Mod 5 you needed to have a gs of 10k to enter. So maybe check back with harper and see if there is a new item score requirement. Maybe you are not quite there.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    In Mod 6, WOD is a level 70+ zone and cannot be entered until lvl 70. Any character that had entered WOD before the change will not lose access, but an Oathbound Paladin could not possibly have had access and will not be permitted entry.
  • willwheatleywillwheatley Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

In Mod 6, WOD is a level 70+ zone and cannot be entered until lvl 70. Any character that had entered WOD before the change will not lose access, but an Oathbound Paladin could not possibly have had access and will not be permitted entry.

patsfire said:

I also leveled an OP up to 60 to start EE, I had no problems going into WoD.

One of you is lying.
    edited September 2015

zephyriah said:

patsfire said:

I also leveled an OP up to 60 to start EE, I had no problems going into WoD.

One of you is lying.
    Well, I wouldn't say lying. I could be mistaken. But, I don't think so.

I tried to get the quest to enter on an alt that never unlocked WOD, did not even get the refusal. The dialogue for access to WOD did not even come up. In fact, WOD does not even show up on the Destinations list.

• silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

That's not true. How else would we be able to go at level 60 to get our Blue leveling gear to help us hit 70? :)

Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
    To answer OP, Im pretty sure you have to be high enough in the campaign tree. If that is not the case, then you are clearly encountering a bug.
  • bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    @silktrocity There is an NPC near Harper in Enclave that sells the Eternal gear.
    bagoat said:

@silktrocity There is an NPC near Harper in Enclave that sells the Eternal gear.

gotcha. either way, you are able to go to WoD prior to level 70. It upscales you to 70 when you enter.

That's how I was able to enter with my lvl 60 Paladin. Maybe it was a glitch letting me go in, but I am still able to go in...and I am only lvl 64 with him.
    edited September 2015

zephyriah said:

That's not true. How else would we be able to go at level 60 to get our Blue leveling gear to help us hit 70? :)

Ummm, if you haven't previously been to WOD, you can't possibly have the currency. No WOD =no Dragon Fangs= no Eternal.

Exactly, I went in with my LEVEL 60 Paladin and exchanged some Relics of the Dragon Empire. So as I said, either I just have a really nice glitch going on, or it is possible for a lvl 60 to go into WOD.
    patsfire said:

Exactly, I went in with my LEVEL 60 Paladin and exchanged some Relics of the Dragon Empire. So as I said, either I just have a really nice glitch going on, or it is possible for a lvl 60 to go into WOD.

I'm not sure what is happening. I tried with several Level 60 alts, some with partial TOD campaign completion and some with none and could not enter on any character I tried. Only ones that had previously unlocked it could enter the WOD.

Who knows? I give up.

• tkhbecker74tkhbecker74 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Well hit level 70 a day or so ago. SGT Knox had the "Rise of Tiamat" quest went to Harper Boward quest line continued and Well of Dragons was accessable from my fast travel. All is good with my OP now.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I have taken my level 62 and then level 63 CW to the well of dragons to farm a few times no with no hitch. I was able to go in before the update though. I haven't tried taking in my warlock who wasn't able to go in before the change. I doubt it would be able to go in because the GS wasn't high enough before. guaranteed not to be now.

Well hit level 70 a day or so ago. SGT Knox had the "Rise of Tiamat" quest went to Harper Boward quest line continued and Well of Dragons was accessable from my fast travel. All is good with my OP now.

That's as it was supposed to be. If you had access you keep it, if you didn't have access you need level 70. That's the way it works for my characters. I started an OP today, so I'll be able to see how a fresh 60 fares for me getting in later in the week or next weekend.

But, WOD has never worked right. Even the original blog post announcing it says you can't enter before completing Assist the Zhentarim 5 times and that was before Mod 6. I could enter with any 60 with a good enough gear score. Link below to verify my claim about their post.

arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9421033-neverwinter-xbox-one%3A-well-of-dragons-spotlight

Like I said, I give up trying to figure it out how it is supposed to work, but I still want to see a fresh 60 try for myself.