test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Double refine.. again?

rannonhurannonhu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
I've just found in the ingame calendar that in October (29) another Double Refine is scheluded. Is that right?

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    No complaints here. I'll save RP for a month. I've never done it before because I never trusted there would be one coming in a reasonable time.
  • Options
    carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    they always give double refinement weekends after ridiculously stupid changes (like the upcoming leadership ad removal)
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Yeah, we might even see some 2x AD event popping up in the calendar next week too.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    ^^ here's a cookie, now smile
  • Options
    rannonhurannonhu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    I doubt that its a cookie, but I think it makes no sense to have it so often.
  • Options
    adammreillyadammreilly Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    The one in October was probably a prescheduled event, and the one we're having now is just a result of the community rewards that they didn't have the foresight to think we'd actually obtain ;)
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    If they made double refine permanent I wouldn't object :P
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    carlonomo said:

they always give double refinement weekends after ridiculously stupid changes (like the upcoming leadership ad removal)

They have posted that schedule weeks ago. At least, I saw that weeks ago before the "announcement".
    My understanding is the October one is a scheduled one.
    The current one is a "reward" after they got N number of tweets, N post in facebook, etc.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited September 2015

So yeah here is how and why do many double refinings:

- Since the first or 2nd 2xRP people starting to expect them, and thus began hoarding RPs for the next one.
    - with this Cryptic shot itself in the foot, because RP is accumulating and it all needs a spot in the database, and that doesnt come free.

Yes and no. I kept all the RP since last 2xRP.
    I also bought r4 stacks when the price is low.
    That means char bound, account bound, no bound, grey, green, blue, purple of many different types.
    Just Marks (not even the true RP) took over 50 slots.
    Well, I needed to buy bags and bank spaces. Mailbox already overflow.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited September 2015

You dont need to buy space ever, if you just do not take it from the mail after you win an AH auction. Just let it rot in there until you need it.

They can't nerf that without impacting the AH itself.

I do not take those out. I have a few hundred of AH mail not taken out.
    I am talking about the stuff I gathered such as many stack of R5 I picked up from different characters.

In fact, these days, with VIP with no posting fee, I intentionally put stuff in AH with high price so that it will eventually dump back as an AH mail. Although there is extra space doing so, management is painful.
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Well that's all well and good. But there may be an interesting situation coming where people will be gated not by RP, but the ability to afford Greater Marks of Potency.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    Even with double-refinement the amount of RP you get is the laughing stock of the entire universe, which make "normal" refining a horrific abuse of player effort and time. Hence, no complaints from this player.
  • Options
    icyclass said:

Well that's all well and good. But there may be an interesting situation coming where people will be gated not by RP, but the ability to afford Greater Marks of Potency.

It is an known barrier.