test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild level rank permission for starting Dragonflight event by Travelling wizard?

commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
Can we have guild level rank permission for starting Dragonflight event by Travelling wizard?

Really annoying when you are organizing ppl whose go red or green and then tring to check you gear and potions and someone beginner interrupts you by starting the event by the travelling wizard!
stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!

Comments

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Seriously... what ever dude. If you have to go around checking gear and potions, you guys are taking it too far. When we have done it, we meet at the SH... and plan for 95% of the melee and the inexperienced go to Katatheo and 95% of the ranged and casters go to Oxuno. As soon as we get all that straightened out... we disperse. We don't worry about gear because we all KNOW each other's capabilities.

One person starts the event... in our guild. Everyone else is where they are supposed to be. We have dropped both dragons within seconds of each other... when we had 5 on K and 6 on Ox.

Stop over thinking it... and trying to control it. If something like that happens... adapt and overcome.

Have you ever noticed that the harder that you hold on to control life... more life squeezes uncontrollably out of your hands?​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    drkbodhi said:

Seriously... what ever dude. If you have to go around checking gear and potions, you guys are taking it too far. When we have done it, we meet at the SH... and plan for 95% of the melee and the inexperienced go to Katatheo and 95% of the ranged and casters go to Oxuno. As soon as we get all that straightened out... we disperse. We don't worry about gear because we all KNOW each other's capabilities.

One person starts the event... in our guild. Everyone else is where they are supposed to be. We have dropped both dragons within seconds of each other... when we had 5 on K and 6 on Ox.

Stop over thinking it... and trying to control it. If something like that happens... adapt and overcome.

Have you ever noticed that the harder that you hold on to control life... more life squeezes uncontrollably out of your hands?​​

A: I think they mean they're checking their OWN gear and potions, making sure they're in their PVE gear and not their PVP gear, slotting proper powers, so on, not going around checking every single person who's coming to the event.

B: Just because your guild is full of super-organized people who both know what they're doing and what everyone else will be doing, doesn't mean everyone's is.

I don't think that asking for a guild permission level to be implemented to start the event is unreasonable. We've had people start it on accident because they weren't reading close enough, or because they had bells in their inventory and didn't realize he wasn't a questgiver. When people are still trying to get back to the stronghold from another zone and all of a sudden we get a big "DRAGONS INCOMING" it can be a little annoying.

I'm sure if you want your whole guild to be able to call him willy-nilly, that can be accommodated by your permission settings.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Not necessarily super-organized... more super-respectful and we all gather our limited maturity for serious things... like this.

I screamed out "DRAGONS!", in guild chat, while in the SH... that lead to one of our first impromptu dragonflights. Not because we were prepared, but we fly by the seat of our pants...quite often. If we fail, we fail... we learn and we get better.

An easier thing would be to set something in stone. Work as a team... create team captains. I guess we are pretty organized. Organization and synergy is easy when you have run endless content with everyone involved.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

Not necessarily super-organized... more super-respectful and we all gather our limited maturity for serious things... like this.

I screamed out "DRAGONS!", in guild chat, while in the SH... that lead to one of our first impromptu dragonflights. Not because we were prepared, but we fly by the seat of our pants...quite often. If we fail, we fail... we learn and we get better.

An easier thing would be to set something in stone. Work as a team... create team captains. I guess we are pretty organized. Organization and synergy is easy when you have run endless content with everyone involved.​​

Only if your guildee pays attention. We screamed who would do the wizard in both TS and game chat. Yet, another person just triggered the wizard. When you have everybody already organized and one person came it late without checking anything (since his chat window was not showing anything if he has just login) and triggered it, you will know the pain.

It is hard to be totally organized when there are 12 dragonflight events a day (without using a bell) and people from all over the world in different time zone.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***