test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't we leave our characters in the Stronghold?

ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
This just seems so wrong to me. Here we are building our Guild Stronghold, but we cant leave our characters there. Anywhere else in the game is ok, except our Stronghold which just fires us back to where we entered from.

Why? Is it a bug, or is this another "feature"?

Will it change in the future?

It would be really nice to have our guild logging in seeing each other all the time, and not just when we go to do stronghold tasks.

cheers
Ello

Comments

• Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yeah I would love to start where I left off while I am farming influence with alts but I am guessing it is anti botting measure.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    It is a feature, because of the fact that each stronghold is its own separate instance. So once everyone leaves an instance, the instance is shut down to save on server space.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,297 Arc User
    Actually, sometime I can log back in stronghold and sometime I am bounced to somewhere else.
    e.g. My 2 characters woke up in Stronghold this morning.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

It is a feature, because of the fact that each stronghold is its own separate instance. So once everyone leaves an instance, the instance is shut down to save on server space.

Our stronghold is never empty but game keeps kicking me to PE or WOD
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    If the instance has not already been "opened", then characters you logged out in the Stronghold will log in on the last non-Stronghold map. If someone has logged in and gone to the Stronghold and is still there when you log in, than characters logged out at the Stronghold will log back in at the same location. As rickcase276 pointed out, an empty Stronghold is not kept as an active instance to reduce the server load (just imagine the lag if ALL Guild Strongholds were kept up as persistent instances).
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    As soon as the first person enters the SH, it generates an instance (lets call it, SH 1). It looks at your guild and creates the instance appropriately. So long as that instance is constantly active, it will remain there (meaning there is always someone online within the SH) and all members of your guild go there. Another player enters SH 2 and the instance becomes their guild buildings, etc. SH 3, 4 5 6 7 etc. At some point, your members are all logged off (no guild has 24/7 coverage in their SH instance...so that instance is closed, and given to another guild.

The server however has you logged out in SH1, even though thats another guilds instance now. So it drops you to the last recorded map in your history (this part seems buggy, as it seems to almost randomly pick a place for you).

If every guild had an always active instance, it would be a nightmare and lag would be even worse. The gain would be minimal also.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    IMHO it's: Your guild's SH instance is active - i.e. some player is there (or has been lately) => respawn there. else wherever you were before you went to the SH map.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

IMHO it's: Your guild's SH instance is active - i.e. some player is there (or has been lately) => respawn there. else wherever you were before you went to the SH map.

Doesn't seem to work that way, as I have definetley logged out in SH, and logged back in with people there...but at my last non-SH location. But who knows.
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I have 8 toons I have been trying to keep up with invokeing. So I cycle in and out and I always try to keep them in the Stronghold. For some they stay in the SH most of the time. For others they rarly stay in the SH. It appers to be totaly random if they stay in the SH or get bounced out. Just my observations on my toons.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

Doesn't seem to work that way, as I have definetley logged out in SH, and logged back in with people there...but at my last non-SH location. But who knows.
    If the Stronghold empties in between the time you logged out and then logged back in, you'll be back to PE or another location. It could be that you logged out, so did everyone else, then another person logged in and went back to the SH to open a new instance, but the one you logged out in was already closed.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    Only time our guild empties when there is server downtime.Someone always on SH 24/7.I also teleport out of SH when I enter dungeon or pvp match.I was in the SH near red dragons spawn point when I entered PVP match and I ended up Trade of Blades building after PVP match ended.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    last time I died in SH I got kicked out to PE

it obviously doesn't work correctly
  • Options
    ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    Ok, did a bunch of testing over the last few days, and it has nothing to do with shutting down the instance. It appears to be totally random and really does ruin the experience of "owning" a stronghold. Please Devs, give this one a fix, it would really improve strongholds if it became a gathering center for a guild rather than just another campaign area.

cheers
    Ello
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    I leave my guy in the SH all the time. Even over night and have always been right where I left him. Sometimes in Dread Ring I might be in different spot than when I left but I am still in DR. That is something I haven't experienced yet.