test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spinward Rise Giant farming

zachisrisingzachisrising Member Posts: 129 Arc User
I read somwhere the giants in nimbus courtyard give 3k xp per kill. It would take 2 hours or more from 65-70

Comments

• Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Okay, that is not a question. Is that just you making an observation or something? If so...thanks for the info haha
  • Options
    majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Either they don't or exp gets broken up in parties in some way, we were running four of us, at level 66 I was barely getting 800 exp per kill with my vip bonus and invoke 25%.
  • Options
    axemthegreataxemthegreat Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    You're not killing those giants at 65 by yourself. Or if you are, it's taking longer than it would to finish a quest and get 15k xp from it anyway.
  • Options
    zachisrisingzachisrising Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Mustve been patched, read from an old post
  • Options
    djionicsxb1djionicsxb1 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    nope if you solo them and you have enough xp boosts on they was giving me 2.5k roughly per kill, I was using 5 x rank 7 azures so with 10's id suppose 3k is possible.
  • Options
    jody095jody095 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Still faster to do begining quests in drowned shore and need and you wont need a group
  • Options
    djionicsxb1djionicsxb1 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    jody095 said:

Still faster to do begining quests in drowned shore and need and you wont need a group

Not really imo

If you get 3 quests, one where you have to kill the guards the fire archon one and then one where you have to put the drops from the fire archons into the orange fire bin. You can then just go straight out of the camp are go straight kill archons go up the left side stairs killing everything you see, kill the guard go up to the 2nd guard kill go across toward the 3 giant killing the archon's etc etc there go down the stairs to the 4th guard. One full circle done.

Rinse repeat.

Then as you need to wait for the quests to respawn pick up something easy like the mushrooms or the 3x water from the geizer (as long as heroic not there). Kill some more giants while waiting for the reset.

Rinse repeat.

I did 68.5-70 in about 3 hours or so that way solo and im a tank.

But it would all depend on your build and class and item score to make the above a viable way to grind.

• Options
    neobeastxneobeastx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I can state with a fact that from personally experience back when I was leveling 60-70 the giant method did work. It's a method used by PC players in fact when they were leveling. Myself & another guild who were at 68 at a time farmed the giants together 68-70. They do give anywhere 1,800-3,000 exp depending on your benefits. I was wearing Azures Rank 8 x5 No Vip & No Exp Booster Pack and getting 1,800 a piece. My guildie who had no azures but Rank 12 Vip & a Epic Exp Booster was getting anywhere 2,500 to 3,000 exp per kill.

With this being said from 68-70 for a normal player with no boost or azures it would take about 600 giant kills to go 68-70. How you make this efficient though is while farming the giants make sure you also are doing all the Thunderhead quest that you can since they are in the same area as the giants. Which the quest will rack in about an extra 80k-100k per hour. With this method I can't recall the exact time but myself and my guildie went 68-70 pretty fast.
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    neobeastx said:

They do give anywhere 1,800-3,000 exp depending on your benefits. make sure you also are doing all the Thunderhead quest that you can since they are in the same area as the giants. Which the quest will rack in about an extra 80k-100k per hour.

So true. Guildies and I made a huge dent Sunday evening.

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon