test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to get Class Sigils?

shoukonsshoukons Member Posts: 325 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PvE Discussion
How to we get access to Icewind Dale? I looked it up on the wiki here...
http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Vault_of_the_Nine
But I can't get into IceWind Dale to get the quest from Jarlaxle Baenre and Sgt. Knox doesn't have anything for me.

I also have gone to the Trade of Blades and talked to the PvP Campaign Master as the quest says to but the quest doesn't complete after speaking to her.
Node Troll

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    You must be level 70 and I doubt that you are. The Xbox and original PC versions work differently for Mods, 1,2,3.
  • shoukonsshoukons Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I was thinking that too until I saw in the patch notes, "
    Other Campaigns

All Gear Score and Boon requirements have been removed. Players now just need to be level 60 or above to get into the zones. In the campaign zones, the players will be bolstered to level 70."

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9540033

So, you get level-adjusted per zone.
    Node Troll
    edited September 2015
    shoukons said:

Other Campaigns

All Gear Score and Boon requirements have been removed. Players now just need to be level 60 or above to get into the zones. In the campaign zones, the players will be bolstered to level 70."

No, you don't. That's a copy/paste from the PC patch notes and it was not properly proofread/updated for Xbox implementation.

The boon requirements have been removed, but since you must now be level 70 to even enter WOD, Sharandar, Dread Ring, and Icewind Dale that is the requirement. There is only one exception and that is for level 60 characters that have already unlocked a zone may enter at level 60. For PC that was all zones, hence the patch note comment. For Xbox it only applies to WOD, hence the patch note error for Xbox.

There are several other errors in the patch notes, so expect more confusion.

Edit: you will need 2 characters at level 70 in Icewind Dale for the sigil quests.

How lazy to not even update patch notes for xbox, especially since they were put up the day before the patch.
    Node Troll
    shoukons said:

How lazy to not even update patch notes for xbox, especially since they were put up the day before the patch.

Yep, the reason I could tell it was a copy/paste is that it includes mention of "fixes" for problems that have not or could not have occurred on the Xbox.

• randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Almost everything is copy/paste I am afraid. A lot of links still reference going to the Gateway and other items not available to the X1 Audience.
  • trainwrek73trainwrek73 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    OP: Regarding completing the quest for talking to the PvP Campaign Master in Trade of Blades: Be sure you're selecting "good bye" when done and not just exiting via hitting the "B" button. I had the same issue for a bit.

OP: Regarding completing the quest for talking to the PvP Campaign Master in Trade of Blades: Be sure you're selecting "good bye" when done and not just exiting via hitting the "B" button. I had the same issue for a bit.

Yea thanks. I did that later on, but still I'm told by the peg leg gentlemen that I'm not awesome enough to go to IceWind Dale.
    Node Troll
  • jody095jody095 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    So when you talk to the guy who gives the quest in IWD, Jaraxus or something - He says in addition to have a another level 70 character, you ALSO have to have "3 boons from a campaign."

I'm assuming this means 3 boons from any one single campaign?? Can anyone verify that, or can you have one boon from sharandar, one from IWD, and one from tyranny of dragons?
    jody095 said:

So when you talk to the guy who gives the quest in IWD, Jaraxus or something - He says in addition to have a another level 70 character, you ALSO have to have "3 boons from a campaign."

I'm assuming this means 3 boons from any one single campaign?? Can anyone verify that, or can you have one boon from sharandar, one from IWD, and one from tyranny of dragons?

The boon requirement was supposed to be removed. The old requirement was 3 boons from one campaign and TOD didn't count. So, Dread Ring or Sharandar.

• yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    shoukons said:

Other Campaigns

Older levels will bolster you up to 70 but you have to have reached LVL 70 in order to unlock the Icewind Dale Campaign.

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    Nvmd. You posted this almost a week ago, you're tracking now.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.