test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game crashing when trying to change screen mode or during boss encounters.

taevannyataevannya Member Posts: 70 Arc User
So I was hoping that with the recent patching my issues with this would be resolved. However, to my dismay, it seems Neverwinter personnel are not considering this issue as wide spread enough to warrant a patch. So, after reading a bit, I'm posting here to see what answers I can come up with.

First of all, I have NO issues running any other games. This includes all Blizzard games, Planetside 2, Borderlands and some other odds n ends. I used to have no issues running Neverwinter in the past on top settings and I've even upgraded my computer since then to a 64bit motherboard, an Nvidia 550 Ti graphics card, SSD, Windows 8.1 (not sure you can call that an upgrade... but that's another gripe) as well as new processor and the like to run everything efficiently. I'm not a computer techie by any stretch, but if given instructions, I'm good at following them. With the Strongholds patch I found myself constantly crashing running around in the Enclave and on boss fights in Skirmishes and Dungeons.

I did a bit of digging and reduced down all my graphics settings and started running the game in 'safe mode'. It took a long time for the game to load to capacity running it in that manner, but it did correct the crashing in the Enclave. However, it did not correct the boss fight crash issues. All my settings are cranked to low/min/or off which makes me sad. My computer capabilities are more than the required specs for running this game on high settings. I'd like to get those back in addition not having to run the game in safe mode anymore.

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention, the game crashes to desktop every time I try to resize the screen. Safe mode only wants me to open it in 800x600 resolution. If I try to adjust screen size in any fashion at any point, the game crashes to desktop.

I'm open to anything that will work for this, but at this point I need something since the latest patch was apparently not designed with these issues in mind. If more information is needed about my system, just tell me specifically what I need to do to provide that and I will happily do so.

Thanks in advance!
NW-DS9N7XBWI : Tel'met Beth'en Segreduin
NW-DRSTZIHXU : The Silver Hand (needs reviews, RP map)

Comments

• Options
    So I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not, but had a little pop up that showed up and I finally copied down what it said. I've had it come up a few times, not every time though.

Assertion failed!

Program:...ent\Neverinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\GameClient.exe
    File:..\..\lib\dlmalloc\dlmalloc.cpp
    Line:1451

Expression: next_pinuse(p)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Being a non computer tech person or having access to C++ (let alone even know how to use it :disappointed: ) I have no idea what this means. If someone here does and can help walk me through it, that'd be great :smiley:
  • Options
    Well, went on vacation for over a week. Came back, had a new driver update for windows 10 from nvidia and a patch for Neverwinter. Still crashing in skirmishes/dungeons/boss fights. I've been scouring the intrawebs, still no information on this issue. I'm trying to ask for help politely and it seems like many people have had this issue before. Some help would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.