test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now we have people who just stand in spawn at Tiamat fight and don't even try? Great.

tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
I don't know why anyone bothers anymore but whatever.

Do something about this please PW.

Lol, like anything will ever get done about it.

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    lol yeah that's true but my suggestion is:

A. PvP type campfire kick timer but limited to 90 seconds (after access from campfire opens) plus:
    B. Ban for 90 mins (so miss the next Tiamat) plus:
    C. No rewards at all for those that score zero points within any 3 min period of the match (i.e. no attacks or heals over a 3 min period means doing nothing so no rewards even with a group win). plus:
    D. Same 90 min ban for quitters who walk out the door before the end of the match.

Whilst this ofc won't guarantee a win, it will make camping pointless & increase the chances of a lucky win by having far fewer quitters when we get off to a dodgy start.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Its like Groundhog day around here, it is not about "quitting" in the regular sense, its about realising there is no prospect of a win at the red head (no Damage on Red on first run), also even if you go to the wire if you don't beat six seconds you fail even though the Timer says you should have won as the run has a bug that means that five second or less wins are a fail. Factor in those who don't get shields or glitch the black head, then those who recognise their reality are just applying common sense to a bad situation.

Its about the clock and only the clock, people have complained about this from the start (even I did at first) until we understood the mechanics involved.

Bottom line is it wasn't fixed and I doubt it will be fixed by the time we can all get back in post mod 6.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I agree with you that if there's no damage on red after round one then it's a fail but people camp out even if it's going well.

Maybe they are 10k and just realised they are too squishy so are hiding and hoping others will earn them a Linu's Favor? I don't know, but you see it in a fair percentage of matches, including the good ones. These people should get auto-kicked by a short timer.

No contribution = no reward.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

I agree with you that if there's no damage on red after round one then it's a fail but people camp out even if it's going well.

Maybe they are 10k and just realised they are too squishy so are hiding and hoping others will earn them a Linu's Favor? I don't know, but you see it in a fair percentage of matches, including the good ones. These people should get auto-kicked by a short timer.

No contribution = no reward.

Okay with this I agree :)
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Every instance of this happening:

1. The players haven't moved from the top of the stairs at all from the second they enter, at no point during the fight do they leave the spawn.
    2. All of the players have GS between 15 and 21k

They don't fight, move or say anything, they just stand there win or lose until the fight is over.

These are people who honestly don't deserve to be playing at all if this is how they choose to act.
  • Options
    fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Well it's a non-issue now as Tiamt is closed until level 70 after the update
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    No more Tiamat for a while!! Thank god for this update, now no one will be crying about the same things over and over again. I am pretty sure this was like the 30th thread complaining about quitters in Tiamat.

Once again it all comes down to whether a run is even remotely possible to beat. If it is not, then why try, why stay, why bother. To address some of your points....IT IS possible to beat WITHOUT touching RED head 1st run. Most of my wins have come when we only get Black and Green. So, you people are actually leaving too early. But, as mentioned, none of this matters as Tiamat is no longer playable, and will not be playable until people reach lvl 70.