test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This made me...super sad.

shoukonsshoukons Member Posts: 325 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PvP Discussion
I was asked an excellent question that I know I was avoiding.
She: "How much will a max pvp character cost to make?"
So, let's take a look.

I'm taking current prices & exchange rate (9/1) with the exchange of 1zen = 250AD

Cost:
Greater Mark of Potency: 100k Each
Greater Mark of Power: 300k
Greater Mark of Stability: 50k
Greater Mark of Union: 300k
Coalescent Ward: 250k

Enchantments:
Rank 10 - 11: 5 Greater Marks of Potency // 622k RP
Rank 11 - 12: 5 Greater Mark of Potency // 1 Greater Mark of Power // Greater Mark of Stability // Greater Mark of Union // 1.088mil RP.
You'll need 14 of these, not counting the Utility ones.

Marks/Resources Cost:
Rank 10-11: 500k Marks // 250k Coalescent: 750k AD Each
Rank 11-12: GR Pot 500k + GR Pow300k + GR Sta 50k + GR Uni 300k + Coa 250k= 1.4mil AD
-Total: Rank 10-12: 2.15mil AD Each x 14 =30.1mil

Bummer so far...

Artifacts:
Purple to Orange: 5 GR Potency // 2 GR of Artifact Type // 10.158mil RP lvl 60 to Mythic

Orange to Mythic: 5 GR Potency // 6 GR of Artifact Type // 6.622mil RP lvl 100 to Mythic

So, For my build I was going to have 3 union and 1 stability.

Purp - Orange:
Union & Power: 5 GR Pot 500k + 2 GR Uni/Power 600k + 1 Coa 250k= 1.35mil AD

Stability: 5 GR Pot 500k+ 2 GR Stab 100k + 1 Coa 250k- 850k AD

3 Union 1 Stability purp - orange cost: 4.9mil AD

Orange to Mythic:
Union & Power: 5 GR Pot 500k + 6 GR Uni/Power 1.8mil + 1 Coa 250k = 2.52mil AD

Stab: 5 GR Pot 500k + 6 GR Uni 300k + 1 Coa 250k= 1.05mil AD

-Total for 3 Union 1 Stability= 8.57mil AD

Armor/Weapon Enchant:
Perfect - Pure:
5 Gr Marks of Potency // 1 Greater Mark of Power // 1 GR Mark of Stab // 1 GR Mark of Union // Coa Ward

500k + 300k + 50k + 300k + 250k= 1.4mil

-Total for both= 2.8mil AD

---Total for Marks not including off hand/main hand OR RP Cost= 41.47mil AD

SUPER BUMMER,

I was then asked what that cost in real money ;(

I have the rate above. So $1= 106zen = 250ad (If buying the $100//10600 zen pack at the Zen store.
$100 = 2,65mil AD
$1,000- 26.5mil AD
See where this is going?
So Total AD DIvided by AD per Zen = Total Dollar Cost
---Total Dollar Amount JUST for Marks: 41.47mil / 26,500 = $1,564.91
When zen hits 1zen= 500ad= $782.46

This made me super sad.

I was then asked by this lovely lady if I could farm those marks easily and I said no because the campaign wasn't giving those out anymore as it did on the PC which would of made this no problem at all. A few months of grinding out the campaign which is reasonable for a MMO (Correction underneath).

She: "How about Dungeons?"
Me: "Some random chance for one to drop and then 1/5 chance to actually get it so will happen, but unreliable. And I just want to PvP."
She: "You can farm RP right?"
Me: "Not in the next mod: Hoards get nerfed so it's not efficient anymore."

Going back to the Dread Ring campaign question. Every Tuesday-Thursday you'll have a chance of getting a green/blue/purple mark and on the weekends you will get 1 of the purple marks. You need about 270 marks so it would take about 270/12= 22.5 weekends at 6 character to get all the marks (5.5months). We'd be in Mod 7 by then which isn't so bad actually since mod 7 doesn't introduce anymore ranks. That's just counting the ones you get for sure and not the ones you'd have a chance of getting which would, in reality, bring that 22.5 down. This is also if you're not putting any AD into the game, finding them in pve or buying them which, mattering if the marks are BoA, is going to drive down the prices brutally compared to now which is a super plus for everyone. Don't forget to take into consideration the artifact weapon/offhand/neck/belt & RP you'll need on top of that is a whole other General Hospital.

What do you guys think about it?

Extra interesting tad of info: I went back to the PC to see how much it would cost to make a toon on PC exactly the same as above and it was $201 for comparison. 8 times more on xbox. And that's what truly makes me super sad.

She: "Knowing all the facts now, is it worth it to PvP on NW?"
Me: "=("

Back to Happy Grinding.

An Aside:
There's no need to PvP at max level. I PvPd at 15-16k, never reached 17k and excelled beyond. The above is to show an answer to the question I was asked,"How much will a max pvp character cost to make?" Who will have max PvP toons? About 1-3 people off the bat. Who will when the new mod comes, a few more. When Mod 7 Rolls around for us, even more and all of us will continually keep progressing towards that goal over time. It's a MMO, and a heavily grindy MMO and it is what it is. Could we maybe see the campaign as the PC did for a bit where you always got the greater marks? I hope so, but that's a pipe dream. We'll keep all the glitches that the PC got, all the TR/Plague Fire/sod, pally glitches you will soon learn to dread over, but nothing that conflicts with their zen store. Then with marks out of the way it's RP, which I'm not sure how we're going to grind so much of it with hoard enchantments nerf. It's a grind and the one with the most amount of money/time/luck has the advantage, just like real life.

References:
Enchanting: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Enchanting
Artifact: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact
Dread Ring Campaign: neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dread_Ring_Campaign
Node Troll
Post edited by shoukons on

Comments

• ogm3rkedogm3rked Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Welcome to the Perfect World of Neverwinter. The grind of this game is simply unreal. I have 2 toon that I have played since april. I have a 18k hr and a 16.5k rogue for pvp. Out of the 5 months I've played I've done my fair share of grinding but after seeing how little you get from countless hours of repeated dungeons I had to drop some money. I would say I have around a g bar and a half into the game and only have 2 toon at that gs. I will say money has been wasted in lockboxes and appearences but still I mean that much money in and I still don't even have 1 legendary item? Without dropping that kind of money I could maybe have 1 17k toon? It's ridiculous how little the dollar does in this game. I could understand 250-500$ to get one toon up in the 20k+ with all legendary's and rank 10's, but over 2000$ for one? That is insane. I have no problem contributing to f2p games if they are enjoyable, like this one is. But you could buy 30 brand new xb1 games for the price of 1 maxed nw toon. I have 3 words, money. Hungry. Devs
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    ^^^^ absolutely - I don't know what planet they are on.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    The RP is outrageous for Mythic also. I'm going to pick away at it but there's no way I'm spending $2,000 on this game.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    shoukons said:

Going back to the campaign question. Everywhrre I've read it has been "confirmed" that the campaign will be dropping just blue marks of poten/pow/uni and that's a big killer considering the amount of resources required per item now that mythic is out.

You need to find new places to read, because that's just plain wrong. They won't drop as frequently as they originally did on PC, but purple marks can and will drop.

neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dread_Ring_Campaign
  • kitaarkitaar Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Really puts things into prespective... I really think for the game to flourish some end game changes will have to occur, or the xbox version will die out faster than the PC.. I hope the Devs read this stuff.
    Xbox GT Shredboy
    Neverwinter Toons:
    Archael 70 HR
    Stajans 70 GF
    Member of Timed Out
  • shoukonsshoukons Member Posts: 325 Arc User

If it is any comfort, the stat change from max orange to Mythic is so small that it is just a status symbol to make them mythic.

I think Legend to mythic doubles the stats? I checked the editor and it confirmed this, but I have to check in game on the PC to confirm fully tonight.

Node Troll
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    I think the Wheel of Elements for instance goes from a 2 minute to 1 minute cooldown, but I don't know this for certain.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
    zephyriah said:

shoukons said:

Going back to the campaign question. Everywhrre I've read it has been "confirmed" that the campaign will be dropping just blue marks of poten/pow/uni and that's a big killer considering the amount of resources required per item now that mythic is out.

You need to find new places to read, because that's just plain wrong. They won't drop as frequently as they originally did on PC, but purple marks can and will drop.

neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dread_Ring_Campaign
    Thank you, fixed it in the body and referenced it.

Node Troll
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    this is sad indeed. made me remember why I quit this game on PC. I will be back on mod 6, but I highly doubt i will put any cash in this game. too expensive and not worth spending too much money on a game with half dozen pvp players and one or two good pvp guilds only. not much point. I have been enjoying some other game on pc that has so far showing very low p2w content.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    edited September 2015
    azuosed89 said:

this is sad indeed. made me remember why I quit this game on PC. I will be back on mod 6, but I highly doubt i will put any cash in this game. too expensive and not worth spending too much money on a game with half dozen pvp players and one or two good pvp guilds only. not much point. I have been enjoying some other game on pc that has so far showing very low p2w content.

True, but what you said is a plus. Everyone is in the same boat. 1-2 people will be a bit higher but thank goodness this is a team based game and not arena so that can be reduced some by better team work. You know how many times I've been at Sebring and I've beaten Porches and Ferraris, which are better than my mustang, because the person bought it and doesn't know how to drive it.

I'm personally going to keep playing hard because I'm very confident in my ability to play while undergeared compared to others I'm playing against, as I did against everyone this whole mod since I was 15-16k the whole time. The grind is going to take some time for marks and RP, but with the right people to play with the game is worth it, and that means we, as a pvp community, can't be downed by the idea of some people being max gear day 1and how long the grind will be. All these artifacts/enchantments are the same for mod 6 and 7 so we have until then to rank them up. That's at least 6 months.

This game isn't purely pay to win. It's pay 2 have an advantage, major or minor. We've seen this mod that a group of lower gs can compete & take down a group of p2w max gs people.
    Node Troll
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    shoukons said:

azuosed89 said:

True, but what you said is a plus. Everyone is in the same boat. 1-2 people will be a bit higher but thank goodness this is a team based game and not arena so that can be reduced some by better team work. You know how many times I've been at Sebring and I've beaten Porches and Ferraris, which are better than my mustang, because the person bought it and doesn't know how to drive it.

I'm personally going to keep playing hard because I'm very confident in my ability to play while undergeared compared to others I'm playing against, as I did against everyone this whole mod since I was 15-16k the whole time. The grind is going to take some time for marks and RP, but with the right people to play with the game is worth it, and that means we, as a pvp community, can't be downed by the idea of some people being max gear day 1and how long the grind will be. All these artifacts/enchantments are the same for mod 6 and 7 so we have until then to rank them up. That's at least 6 months.

This game isn't purely pay to win. It's pay 2 have an advantage, major or minor. We've seen this mod that a group of lower gs can compete & take down a group of p2w max gs people.
    noticed the price of everything is droping expontentially. looks like it is easier to farm enchantments and stones now... this is good news i guess.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    skeld11 said:

The RP is outrageous for Mythic also. I'm going to pick away at it but there's no way I'm spending $2,000 on this game.

It's one of those things where you don't even realize how much you spend if it's done a little by little over a long period of time. Before you realize it you're up there. If you were able to look at your totals
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.