test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gossip or Not?? Mod 6 News & Changes!

bronitazbronitaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Hey guys.

I don't know about you, but the latest topic of conversation between most of the people I play with had been MOD 6 and what's going to happen, and what's not going to happen. So far all we truly have is reflecting upon the PC changes, and how these changes may differ with Xbox.

The hot topics that I'd like to hear feedback on are the following: Predicting the date of Double Refinement; Predicting Zen drop/raise on the 8th, Discussing possible Nerfs of Dragonhoard due to Cave Botting, and price drops of Enchantments/and/or marks.

Double Refinement
Some say this will hit a week after the 8th. Others say this happens in OCTOBER. From a marketing point of view, players will be on during the expansion, and thus the company would not need to throw in double refinement because people will be buying zen regardless. I think it will be in October, because that gives everyone almost a month to play the game, and then school will be back in session, college, whatever, and Double Refinement will be used as a marketing tool to get Arc's sales back up. What do you think? It's all about that money :)

Zen Skyrockets
I think that everyone will have Zen diahreah when the campaign gets out so.. I don't know about you but I'm buying all the Zen I can while it's still low. I feel the prices will go up somewhere to 270 for Zen and then in a week will even out at 250 again, and will only drop closer to October, yet will skyrocket again for double refinement. What do you think/know!?

Dragonhoard Nerfing!?!?? w00T?
I heard about this just yesterday from a friend who said that they will either put a cap on how many refinement points you can get in a day, or simply nerf Dragonhoard enchantments. Has anyone heard ANYTHING about this? The explanation I got from a friend is that people have been boting (fixing their controller to do the work for them) while they are not actually there playing the game. This is against the rules I beleive, and I have heard of some of friends' guildmates getting banned for this. Banning is a huge punishment so... I don't know if I beleive this nerf is going to happen, simply because after so many people get banned less people will do it? From a marketing standpoit, I can see the company not wanting to lose their money from players who have paid their salaries, so I can see them nerfing it just to keep their players and their money?

Enchantments & Marks & Prices
Given that we are going to pretty much get marks of power/union for free, won't this hugely affect the gameplay prices? If you own Rank 8+ enchantments right now, is it a good idea to sell them? Will this make marks of potency prices go down? We're also getting new refinement marks, how much do you think THOSE will cost? Are marks of potency (blue ones) going to be way cheaper? What do you think?

And lastly.. just a small thought for Leadership, the profession we all got to 18 and then hated ourselves for ever touching it because all it is is breadcrumbs compared to the money you could make with just about ANYTHING else. Do you think they will give a decent boost to leadership for those few who druged and grudged and got it to lvl 20? What do you think Leadership at 25 will be like?
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    all of these topics have been discussed on page 1 and 2 of the general discussions section.

the Zen pricing is hard to predict. the value of Zen on PC was effected by the botting. also the value of AD for PC is low compare to Zen simply because more players have more AD because they have been playing longer. for xbox one, we still have a lot of players struggling to find a way to earn AD, which is represented by the recent threads about making AD and wrecked economy from Tiamet.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    I'll address two.

Dragon Hoard: the changes were confirmed on a livestream. There will be a cooldown/cap.

Marks for free: Not hardly. Originally Dread ring did give the marks, this is no longer the case. You get a chance at a high level mark.

Double refinement and Zen changes can only be speculated. It will happen when it happens. No sense worrying or even thinking about it.
  • bronitazbronitaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Soonergm, a vague pointer to pages '1 and 2' got me lost in a bunch of new information such as Curve and power calculators, which was neat, but I still haven't quite gotten an answer for the rest of them.

Zephyriah, Thank you for that confirm, I'll pass the word along and will sell my Dragonhoards, because... well, although the cap/cooldown is unknown, this definitely reduces the value of Dragonborn Legend pack I was Going to buy.. but now am having second thoughts. Yesterday I opened 50 boxes, spent 5k Zen, and made it all back, maybe I'll rinse and repeat :dizzy:
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    It was not that vague of an answer, but here you go. Some of your questions don't really have concrete answers though, but I am curious about the same things. It's mostly going to be speculation.

Discussion on Double Refinement:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1201972/x2-rp-weekend

Discussion on Zen:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1202212/should-anybody-with-zen-hold-on-to-it-til-mod-6

Discussion on Dragon Hoard Enchantments:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1202719/the-future-of-dragons-hoard-enchantments-on-xbox

Discussion on Greater Marks: (zeph answered nicely but you may find the thread interesting)
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1201398/greater-mark-of-union-rough-ad

My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    bronitaz said:

Soonergm, a vague pointer to pages '1 and 2' got me lost in a bunch of new information such as Curve and power calculators, which was neat, but I still haven't quite gotten an answer for the rest of them.

Zephyriah, Thank you for that confirm, I'll pass the word along and will sell my Dragonhoards, because... well, although the cap/cooldown is unknown, this definitely reduces the value of Dragonborn Legend pack I was Going to buy.. but now am having second thoughts. Yesterday I opened 50 boxes, spent 5k Zen, and made it all back, maybe I'll rinse and repeat :dizzy:

I would not sell them, unless you grind like crazy you may never see the cooldown. Even if you do, farm until then and then switch to Fey's.

• bronitazbronitaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Wohooo thanks Soonergm & Zeph, good help!
  • shots2thecrotchshots2thecrotch Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    On the developer Twitter chat they actually distinctly said that they will make no changes to the dragon hoard enchantments for mod 6. This makes sense, as botting is little to none on Xbox and the dragon hoards are an essential part of the game. They really should leave them as is on Xbox.