test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This queue system is garbage!

andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
This game has the worst queue/matchmaking system I have ever experienced! Why do We need 5 players to start a dungeon or skirmish and not for instance 2 to start and 3 open slots? Currently I have been in a queue for Gray wolf den dungeon for 75 minutes since I got back online! It's stupid and I don't understand why I am in queues for hours. So far I have played about 6 hours and have been waiting in queues THE ENTIRE TIME without a single dungeon or skirmish ready to start. Even stood at the dungeon door trying to recruit there and in LOOKING FOR GROUP chat and nothing. This will be the reason I probably won't be playing in a month.

Comments

• Options
    Before this 75 minute queue I was on my level 60 queued for dread vault , cloak tower epic and cragmire crypt epic for at least 3 hours and even dungeon delves started and finished. Surely at some point in 4 hours 3 people would have queued for one of those 3?
  • Options
    Can you explain how the class makes a difference? I am a trickster rougue and my friend is a control wizard
  • Options
    fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Not sure the Queue System currently looks at class tbh. The longest I have queued before instance comes up is about 20 minutes. It could be the time of day - I mostly play evening (UK time) so that could be a factor.
    There are some that never seem to come up though, rare to see gray wolf, karundax and the icy heart though.
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    The queue system does look for class, but in a broad sense. Looks for DPS and Heals. The wait for TR is substantially longer for one simple reason, I know this from experience, its because: Most instances will either already have a TR or it will be a full instance. The reason why there will already be a TR is because most TR NEED to form group prior to ANY dungeon, less they get kicked by those people who think TR is useless, key word THINK. So it will be hard for any SOLO TR to make it into an instance quickly when all other TR's formed a group.

In other words, try to form a group before queuing for any dungeon. I am not saying you NEED a guild, bit save yourself the time and just form a group. For ELOL its easy to find a group, there is always someone asking for people in the Enclave.
  • Options
    fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I play TR and as I said longest wait is 20 minutes. I have been grouped many times with other TRs as well so not sure what you on about.
  • Options
    You don't understand the queue system, so you wouldn't understand "what I'm on about". TR is a DPS, the queue looks for other DPS, and ta-da another TR is DPS.
  • Options
    darnximxdeaddarnximxdead Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    patsfire said:

You don't understand the queue system, so you wouldn't understand "what I'm on about". TR is a DPS, the queue looks for other DPS, and ta-da another TR is DPS.

indeed, TR is a DPS... means you have to fight for a spot over the rest of the dps that Q'ing too find a lobby; GWF+TR+HR+SW+CW = dps VS. Tank (GF) and Healer(DC). Tank an healer will always get in quicker cause they dont have too compete against other class in that area thanks too the system for now.

that's the reason why it takes time too find a room... basically 1000 dps Queuing, 30 tanks queuing, 30 healers queuing means there wont be enough room for all dps too be pair'd with healer/tank so the system waits until the next tank/healer queues(Current system).

It was changed back too this system due too massive kicks in dungeons, because people wanted specific class with in the group (if i recall).
  • Options
    The game does by classes, not specific paragons. Example, it sees a DC , its says hey a DC that's a healer. But it could be a DPS DC. So the queuing is still flawed that way.