test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mission Tracker lag

kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I did a very quick look down the forum and didn't spot this, so hopefully it's not a repeat.

Recent updates to the Mission Tracker widget are causing some performance issues, particularly when there's more than one event running at the same time. To work around it, try hiding your Mission Tracker:

1: Hit Esc
2: Rearrange Hud
3: Click the Hide button on the Mission Tracker widget
4: Hit Esc again
5: Hit Esc one more time

You should notice a marked performance increase.

The downside here is that you have to hit J to see your mission progress. Also, in PvP, or other events (Dragonflight, for example) you can't see the score/progress. Just something to keep in mind as a tradeoff. Hopefully, Cryptic will do something to resolve this soon.
Post edited by zebular on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    You'd think they'd have fixed this asap since it was so obvious. Clearly the patch was not QA'ed. Not even an acknowledgement that they messed up or that they have an eta to fix its bad enough this weekend was a disaster but to make us wait till thursday is pretty lame.
  • Options
    nalgarocnalgaroc Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The main issue was not the tracker, but rather the CTA event. Before CTA started I had no issues. Once it started I had such bad server not responding or super slow responses (with or without the tracker) that the game was unplayable ... that is if it didnt dc. At 10 am pacific time today when the event closed, there was a big lag spike and then everything cleared up and I am able to play normally once again. Conclusion - CTA caused the servers to have issues. Either CTA is flawed or something else is flawed and reacts badly to CTA. My bet is the latter.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    I don't think it was the CTA announcement itself, so much as the technology of having multiple announcements that rotated, just like on the launcher.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I think @darkstarcrash is probably correct. And, to be fair, sometimes memory leaks aren't obvious until something is being used at load, so while this is annoying, I'm that really that bent about it (as long as they fix it in fairly short order).

On the other hand, the Stronghold Coffer Log one-click CTD (crash to desktop) is unacceptably moronic. How THAT managed to get to production is really beyond me. I mean.. they added this really cool new feature that people have been asking for (or begging not to be added depending on what camp you're in), so you'd think someone would have clicked on it at some point and noted that it caused their game client to instantly CTD. Since it's happening to EVERYONE, it means if they really did test that, then there's something fundamentally different about their internal environments vs what customers have - that's a really flawed approach. I get that quirky little bugs find they way into the game, I even get that a lot of them might... but I can't get how clicking a major UI element will crash everyone's GameClient process could possibly make it in.
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    This helped me as well. Hope it gets fixed soon. I like my mission tracker.