test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

so how are we supposed to get the dragon fangs for new strongholds gear?

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
edited August 2015 in PvE Discussion
i moved from a small guild to a big guild hoping i would be able to farm the dragons event at SH to get enough dragon fangs for the upcoming new guild gear, and guess what: the situation with big guild was same as with little guild (both guilds are very active) we are lucky if we can make one dragon event a day and i must add i need to be online at a certain time to actually be able to run with enough ppl.
im sorry but i cant be 24hrs online and/or i cant always make time to do that event when there are actually enough ppl from my guild online.

this matter should be addressed and re-considered by the devs. maybe the hardcore pvp guilds were able to farm that event but as for other guilds? i have my Doubts.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    two dragons are really easy to bring down, they are just about the same as those ones from WoD HE. Having 5-7 ppl one one team and the same on another to bring down two dragons shouldnt be too hard...killing the adds and debuffing the dragons makes HUGE difference.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    I can only share @lemonchill 's opinion. I am at a small (after Mod 6) guild and we are lucky, if we can do 1 each day.

I gave up on those fangs, my current Elven armor serves me well and i would bet my wallet on it, that Underdark brings everything new and everything we grind hard now will be obsolete again. Of course those of you, who want to min/max your toons, my strategy doesn't work, personally i hate it too, but the entire SH system bleeds from more wounds.

Something which could have been made nice- still with huge patch- turned out into a grind fest, only manageable by huge and wealthy guilds (or as we can see already, some exploiting guilds...) and the entire boon structure isn't well thought either.

If Devs want to keep many people occupied and in the game, they need to understand, that players need a goal, they can clearly see and achieve. BUT how to keep guildies occupied in long term, with so high demands, that most players can't reach and here we come to the point of boons again. If a medium guild can't achieve those necessary boons in time, they will be stumped into the dirt in PVP. That freaking gap between players is already huge, now to top it with these boons, ah... :/

Let the massacre begin! Hard to swallow, i know, but it will be so, unless Devs don't change strategy and modify accordingly.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The whole thing is designed to be a zen sink. They are not going to make it hourly. They want you to buy the dingbat bells from the zen market (500z) to spawn the wizard. They then want you to also pay to open the box at the end to open it for rewards to stock up as new currency towards gear.

Think of it as "attunement" in other games or "factioning". They want you to pile up some new currency to get some new shiny from some new faction previously unheard of.

And hopefully pay them for the privilege of a new grind with real money. I'm sure they will introduce something on the PvP side that you need to pay for as well to get at the gear.

That's why they hid the new boons behind PvP content or massive material sinks, so you will pay for a shortcut in material needs, and force you to group up for PvP "privilege" to populate their broken PvP model. You need lot's and lot's of cheese (boons)/(gear) to sucker the hamsters into the PvP hamster wheel.

As to the dragon thing and it being a bug, it's not a bug. They told in the dev blog about how the dragon fight was going to go down, that it was designed that way, so that if you drop the dragons at or near the same time you can get increased rewards, but that once one was killed then it despawned shortly there after. That folks were going to have to "experiment" and "figure it out" on how to do the dragons in the proper sequence and time to get maximum rewards.

If you read closely you would have understood that you were going to have to split your 20 group up to do seperate dragons, and co-ordinate so that one didn't get snuffed to far ahead of the others, and that controlling the ADDs were going to be crutial since they were going to be buffing the dragons.
  • gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    You may need to reconsider your guild. I'm sure they're a nice bunch, but you really want an active group of folks that are going to be around during *your* prime time if SH progressing is important to you.

That said, others have made very good points here as well. It may not be worth your time/effort to buy the new pieces, but if you really really just want them, there's always the Zen store option for the Strongbox keys.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

I gave up on those fangs, my current Elven armor serves me well and i would bet my wallet on it, that Underdark brings everything new and everything we grind hard now will be obsolete again.

Your armor isn't, won't be obsolete. Just not BIS. Big deal. What they did at the beginning of Mod6 was truly obsoleting equipment.

I don't collect Protector Seals, so I'm not going to be getting shiny new Dragonflight. Also, I am dubious about the new PVP, which has its own currency--I doubt Lionsmane is in my future. I'll be in my Elemental Executioner gear at least until Underdark.

In the meantime, I use my guildmarks for poker chips.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Our Leaders have purchased a Golden Bell and we have a set time a week that we ask everyone to be on... then we start by gathering members and bringing them to Red, so they can learn the fights. Once we have enough people who are familiar with the fight... and enough people (we figured around 15 to 20 total) we will take on 2. The more powerful and experienced will take on Green.

We have been collecting the boxes that drop from the event, and we have all committed to buying some keys, to open them in order to get our first pieces. We just upgraded our GH to 4... so we are duly excited to get busy. We are not heavily geared but we are all VERY SKILLED at our chosen classes. I believe the highest iL in the guild is 3.3 to 3.5. The average is about 2.6.

We can take down Red, 5 to 7 people, in 9 minutes. I am not bragging... this is the way that we manage things... with what we have​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    No offense, your guild is incapable then. We kill 4 dragons multiple times - daily. Active is not enough, organizing needs to happen, you gotta have some dominant figures in your guild to make that happen. 95% of our guildies already capped their fangs a long time ago and that's due to large count of bodies and high discipline (using voice is required for the raid in our case, for example). Maybe you can step up and organize it for the folks, or move to a better guild.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Golden bell is a waste, IMO. It may worth the Zen if it is not consumable. Sadly, it is.
    One can ride from the wizard to red in less than a minute with a slow mount.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    My guild routinely knocks down two dragons. Someone mentioned only needing 10 ppl... Maybe if they are all BiS and have 140% mounts... Even then I'm not sure in believe that. It takes a minute just to run from Red to Blue, twice that from north to south. You need at something like 30 to hit all 4 - two groups, one north one south. Knock a dragon down to under 5% then the bulk goes to next dragon with a small DPS contingent hanging back to keep the fight alive while whiddeling it down slowly but not killing it. Then, kill all dragons at the same time. It's doable, but NOT with 10 people. And it requires very solid communication and coordination. Like rinat said having the bodies isn't enough, you have to be organized and disciplined.

That said, even an average guild in terms of gear, can take down 2 dragons of you can pull together 20 or so members, and 10 or 12 of you is plenty for 1.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    We killed the red, black and the green dragon with 5 ppl each. 3 high dps, debuff DC and GF (OP for green). We have decent gear (2.5k-3.6k), but not BIS gear. I now some ppl with (near) BIS gear, that killed dragons with 4 ppl.

That beeing said, in one run, the other 12 players killing the second dragon struggled and would have failed, if they had not had the extra minute after the first kill.

The dps depends on buffs/ debuffs and good gear. If you dont have one or/and the other, it is difficult, even for 12 ppl, to kill one dragon.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    The Bell is not a consumable... once bought it stays bought.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    drkbodhi said:

Hmmm! I don't have one. Hence, I don't really know. However, you need to buy 5 and it is bound on pick up. That means you can't pass 4 to others. And, in its description, it says it is consumable.

Something does not make sense to me.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

Then why are they seeling it with bundle of 5 and it says consumable

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

The bell is consumable - 5 for 500 Zen. Each time you use one to summon Dragonflight, it uses one of the Bells. Once you use all 5, you cant summon (except for the standard Travelling Wizard period every 2 hours).
  • eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Take control, someone needs to take command of the situation and split people up to different groups to make sure all the roles are covered. You also need to make sure people are using buffs and debuffs. Those matter MUCH more in large group fights than individual DPS. If you don't have leaders guiding and directing the fight, you're not going to kill any dragons at all.

You also should talk to the wizard and ask him about how to fight the dragons, he tells you what the mechanics are.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

Our Leaders have purchased a Golden Bell and we have a set time a week that we ask everyone to be on... then we start by gathering members and bringing them to Red, so they can learn the fights. Once we have enough people who are familiar with the fight... and enough people (we figured around 15 to 20 total) we will take on 2. The more powerful and experienced will take on Green.

We have been collecting the boxes that drop from the event, and we have all committed to buying some keys, to open them in order to get our first pieces. We just upgraded our GH to 4... so we are duly excited to get busy. We are not heavily geared but we are all VERY SKILLED at our chosen classes. I believe the highest iL in the guild is 3.3 to 3.5. The average is about 2.6.

We can take down Red, 5 to 7 people, in 9 minutes. I am not bragging... this is the way that we manage things... with what we have​​

+100

Guilding: you're doing it right.

We, too, are enjoying the journey. Everyone is collecting up whatever stuff that's needed for the coffer, banging out their own grinds and quests, and we will go randomly beat on a dragon when there's more than half a dozen people online.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79

drkbodhi said:

The bell is consumable - 5 for 500 Zen. Each time you use one to summon Dragonflight, it uses one of the Bells. Once you use all 5, you cant summon (except for the standard Travelling Wizard period every 2 hours).
    That is the part I did not know. i.e. you can summon the dragon anytime you want (and lose a bell each time).
    I can now make sense of why one wants to buy that.
  • muuli30muuli30 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

No offense, your guild is incapable then. ... or move to a better guild.

yes, it is great to leave guild because it is too small nd join new guild... and leave it because it is too weak to slay dragons... great betray friends because power... lucky we go soon new mod8 what do mod7 gear obsolete and so on. Guild jumpers will be nice to see too leeching gear and boons, loyal players... are joke now.
  • eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Well, figure out how to do the dragons then. If you're a small guild just kill one dragon every time its up, you'll get familiar with the mechanics. Get used to getting in the Strongholds on time and organizing. You can then advertise that your small guild is capable of killing a Dragon, and you're looking to acquire more players.

Be proactive.