test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do they get away with it?

moradinallfathermoradinallfather Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
I keep seeing gold spam perporting to sell dragonborn pack and other expandion packs. Aren't these items pound? I realize the was a metalic dragonborn token dropped and maybe that is sellable, but aren't the rest of these packs only obtainable with REAL CASH through game store? no zen purchases?

Comments

• Options
    Damn you spellcheck! that should be bound not pound items
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Most likely, they are scammers who will 1) take your money and run, or 2) take your money, request your account details so they can "add the pack" to your account - but will then steal your account and sell all your stuff. Best thing to do is to report them every time you see them. There's so many that customer service is having a hard time keeping up with the bans.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    And there are enough naive people willing to do business with them to keep them operating? Hard to believe. I guess it is true, There's one born every minute.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Well, I mean, my best guess is that the organizations that do this type of scamming have accounts on lots of MMOs, and the return on any given MMO is probably pretty low but the successes make up for the cost of the failures.
  • Options
    luisandluisand Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Most of the packs are in the Zen store now.
    that site you mention is clearly a scam. They want you to send them a scan of your ID card so they know you are real :smirk:
    Finally a proud member of The Lower Depths of Neverwinter.