test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds scratchy head

jimmyharjimmyhar Member Posts: 450 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)

Was excited by Strongholds but now a few weeks in our (small) family guild has realised just how hopeless it is for our guild.
Some of the HEs are fun and I especially liked the "kill as many as you can in 3 minutes" one but the rate at which we are accumulating stuff that can be donated is way, way too slow to make any significant progress. So we are already tiring of it.
And those dragons that are supposed to scale down to 5 players. Wow. The 5 players in question must be considerably more uber than we are hehe.

So it's a shame but it's a mod that will mostly pass us by. Roll on the Underdark....
....has left the building, and the game, and gone to play Guild Wars 2.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    We tried it with 5 players with IL of 2.4k+ and failed miserably so I assume you need at least 8+ players per dragon. We can do all He's in Stronghold but simply fail at the dragons.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    like everything else in this game it's "scaled" for those who drop large $ums of ca$h on the game.

my small guild has everything maxed except "influence" which of course is still not given out in reasonable quantities (150 per? what a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> guys, how about 500 per, and NO cap!) and of course is STILL bugged.
  • Options
    lanalanlan1lanalanlan1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    I understand your pain. We are in the small guild too. We tried 12 people with mix of level range from 50-70. Yet we failed miserably too. Until recently we recruited new players and tried to be online at the same time. We were able to defeat the red dragon with 15 people. Keep in mind that our new members have a low level gear and doesn't know a lot about fighting dragon. However, we tried and tried and recruited some more folks. We learned from our mistakes and tried to improved. We have yet to try to defeat 2 dragons. It might take a few weeks until our new members level up to 70 with good enough gear. But we are not in a hurry. The most important thing is to coach them, have fun playing together, and help each other. Our guild was almost dead during Mod 6 but it has been revived in Mod 7. I think Stronghold is a good concept. We have finally built Guild Hall level 2 and will be moving forward with other constructions. One thing is...I wish that Traveling Wizard quest is at least a weekly quest so we can accumulate fang a bit faster.
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    This mod is boring, pointless and didn't address any of the issues plaguing the game. I honestly think the folks making the directional decisions for this game are extremely detached from reality.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    walk2k wrote: »
    like everything else in this game it's "scaled" for those who drop large $ums of ca$h on the game.

Cite your source or it's slander. Exactly how do you mean: give real examples how spending any real money improves the situation. Oh, and by the way: you can trade AD for Zen to buy anything in the Zen Shop.

So slandered it is,I guess.

@O/P: Everyone knew it was going to be painful for smaller guilds. As for the dragon-scaling: expected. It'll be scaled down more in the future. We just don;t have a clue when.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    slander rofl think awful high of yourself doncha pal? nobody cares.
    besides it's not slander if it's a fact. this game is p2w, fact. prove otherwise, show us a guild of 20-30 players who all have BIS gear (rank 12s, orange/teal artifacts/pets/mounts) who all earned all of it in-game without spending $ on zen.

*crickets*

that's what we thought. /wave