test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New player... Trying to Earn AD? Help!

xedo01xedo01 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited August 2015 in PvE Discussion
Like the title says, how do i earn ad so i can buy things, i understand dailies, i currently run elol, to try and get salvagable or auction able gear, but it just seems hopeless.

Any advice for earning AD easier , as this is a frustrating bottleneck.

Comments

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Dailies from Rhix, invoking, working Leadership up to 20 or so (the *good* resources get pretty expensive pretty quickly.. gotta spend money to make money, right?).. other professioning things will next decent AD at AH, but too many people complain that it "takes too long" or there's "no good returns" or whatnot.

Collecting random treasures (Platinum Gemmed Chalices are really nice for this) and auctioning them off will get you a good number of AD per 20.

Short of selling zen for AD, or having 50 leadership farmers, no, there's no "quick and easy" way to make AD.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    xedo01 wrote: »
    Like the title says, how do i earn ad so i can buy things, i understand dailies, i currently run elol, to try and get salvagable or auction able gear, but it just seems hopeless.

Just start a leadership farm. It takes a while to get it producing at a good rate so you're better off starting as soon as you can. Getting four master alchemists to get the 100% slot makes things go a lot faster too. Once your alts hit ~26 you can also do the leadership profession pack quest in Neverdeath which will net around 12-30k (although you can get lucky and get an adventurer/dragon egg/hero etc.)
    other professioning things will next decent AD at AH, but too many people complain that it "takes too long" or there's "no good returns" or whatnot.

Jewelcrafting isn't bad. If you've got the inventory space and time to reset tasks you can make ~1000-1500 on wizard's rings x3 that's about 3000-4500 an hour but the price can fluctuate. Jewelcrafting levels pretty quickly to the point where you can do that too.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    Except for the Leadership farming ( huge investment, slow returns ) all methods described above will give you pocket change amounts of AD which will never be enough for even one well geared toon. Its the credit card way or the high way and you better get with the program asap to avoid yourself stressful experiences later on.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    adriaen666adriaen666 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    You can create alt and farm Blacklake skirmish in Skirmishes' Hour. It will give you 1k rAD per 3-4 minutes.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    about every ten alts at this time will net you 1 million AD every ten days with leadership farming, but it will usually take you a good 2-3 months to get it to the point of doing that.

Its the most reliable way to create AD in the game.

It is also supplemental , you can still run DDs, skirms for alliance items and rAD as well.

Save up your alliance items if you can and turn them in during double weekend.

Run Elol and VT, the lostmouth and Valindra items sell very nicely still, though its rare (in around 400 runs now for elol, Ive earned 2 artifacts, both of which im using.. so didnt make me a dime, but still, I didnt have to pay for one)

Its not as easy to make AD now as it was in game, which is difficult, considering how much more things cost now and every mod there is another sink added, but nothing adjusted.

It galls me when people ask for more AD sinks.. the game needs less, not more honestly.

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This game has no legit way to get the amount of AD required to play the game to the fullest or even close to it. Its p2w. Needing 50 leadership chars just to get AD is a sign of a big flaw in the game design.

Sure you can do dailies etc to reach that 25k cap every day. But that basically only covers the minimum expenses like pots, kits, maybe a feat respect every once and a while.

They need to bring back BiS equipment that can be farmed and sold in AH. That way you play the game and you can profit and progress in a healthy way without exploiting and building leadership farms etc. Been saying this for months now and nothing happens so I don't expect it to change. They don't value the players experience in this game that much, or they don't really understand it.

Until stronghold came out there wasn't really a reason to run dungeons at all and now we only do it to progress with stronghold but we are still poor and cant afford anything. Now when they disabled leadership in the gateway, I expect a big player drop as soon as their AD/ZEN is gone, after that the game wont be any fun to play at all since nobody will be able to progress.

Those are my thoughts about it and when my AD is gone and something new comes out that I need/want and wont be able to get it, I will leave. Its that simple. I don't understand how they cant see that.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    about every ten alts at this time will net you 1 million AD every ten days with leadership farming, but it will usually take you a good 2-3 months to get it to the point of doing that.

Its the most reliable way to create AD in the game.

It is also supplemental , you can still run DDs, skirms for alliance items and rAD as well.

Save up your alliance items if you can and turn them in during double weekend.

Run Elol and VT, the lostmouth and Valindra items sell very nicely still, though its rare (in around 400 runs now for elol, Ive earned 2 artifacts, both of which im using.. so didnt make me a dime, but still, I didnt have to pay for one)

Its not as easy to make AD now as it was in game, which is difficult, considering how much more things cost now and every mod there is another sink added, but nothing adjusted.

It galls me when people ask for more AD sinks.. the game needs less, not more honestly.

"supplemental" - really Silver, where do the millions come from aside from Leadership farming? Do tell please.
    ejziponken wrote: »
    This game has no legit way to get the amount of AD required to play the game to the fullest or even close to it. Its p2w. Needing 50 leadership chars just to get AD is a sign of a big flaw in the game design.

Sure you can do dailies etc to reach that 25k cap every day. But that basically only covers the minimum expenses like pots, kits, maybe a feat respect every once and a while.

They need to bring back BiS equipment that can be farmed and sold in AH. That way you play the game and you can profit and progress in a healthy way without exploiting and building leadership farms etc. Been saying this for months now and nothing happens so I don't expect it to change. They don't value the players experience in this game that much, or they don't really understand it.

Until stronghold came out there wasn't really a reason to run dungeons at all and now we only do it to progress with stronghold but we are still poor and cant afford anything. Now when they disabled leadership in the gateway, I expect a big player drop as soon as their AD/ZEN is gone, after that the game wont be any fun to play at all since nobody will be able to progress.

Those are my thoughts about it and when my AD is gone and something new comes out that I need/want and wont be able to get it, I will leave. Its that simple. I don't understand how they cant see that.

^^ This is the truth right there. Neverwinter is only really playable to veterans with tons of alts. Folks who made alot back in the day when selling drops on the AH was well worth it. I wont talk about cheaters and exploiters but they do make up the other half of the active population. Casual and new players are basically just scratching the surface in both PVE and PVP, they will never catch up ( unless prepared to spend a lot of $ )
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    xedo01 wrote: »

Do not ask on forums how to get AD - be creative. Nobody is going to give you any good way of earning AD, since most of them are good because few people know about them and they fill a market niche. If anything is on forums - its a common knowledge, everybody does that and thus it brings low profit.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    We should be awarded by playing the game, not having alt armies which is freaking stupid!
    I want to play the game and earn AD's which will (even if for the long run) grant me access to new stuff, new possibilities - that's called progression.

For now you're progressing through credit card or having 50 alts.

Strum wrote some time ago that "they're looking into this" still, waiting for these actions.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

We should be awarded by playing the game, not having alt armies which is freaking stupid!

I want to play the game and earn AD's which will (even if for the long run) grant me access to new stuff, new possibilities - that's called progression.

Strum wrote some time ago that "they're looking into this" still, waiting for these actions.

You are already award for playing the game. It's just that the reward is very low which in the LONG run will get you new stuff. There just are other methods that are much faster at earning/generating AD. So pretty much what you are looking for is already in the game.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

kemi1984 said:

You are already award for playing the game. It's just that the reward is very low which in the LONG run will get you new stuff. There just are other methods that are much faster at earning/generating AD. So pretty much what you are looking for is already in the game.
    this has to be joke
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    In my opinion, if you have time you should run heralds every haur - 15-25k profit from 5 killed dragons
  • Options
    mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    fatguns said:

In my opinion, if you have time you should run heralds every haur - 15-25k profit from 5 killed dragons

That's assuming there's any players actually in WoD doing dragon runs. I usually play in evenings and almost never come across a group doing the herald runs. BUT if you're lucky, then yes, you could possibly run that.
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    mjonis said:

fatguns said:

That's assuming there's any players actually in WoD doing dragon runs. I usually play in evenings and almost never come across a group doing the herald runs. BUT if you're lucky, then yes, you could possibly run that.
    "Lucky" You can find people spaming for "Inv for dragon run" allday long, that means that there is a instance wide dragon run in one of them ^^