test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove the pala protection of pvp

doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
Hi
pls remove or fix the pala protection gor group in pvp.
all nubs are folowing the palas on pvp now, receive 0 demage.

1 Pala can protect 3 or 4 players, its impossible to kill with 20k power i make 0 demage on all users protected of pala.
put this skill on pala only lol, why make all nub folowers imortal?

Comments

• Options
    pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    First of all pally do rly low dmg and second they can protect others not all the time, their daily skill is that power who give huge protection, best way to kill them is just dodge their attacks while they protected and after that attack with all ur powers, it's no use to attack them while they are protected. And yes that daily is a bit overpowered, but without this protector daily in PvE pally is mostly useless.
  • Options
    doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    the skill of pala dont have cool down i think i always see this skill and all nubs folowers dont die.
    how you can dodge the atacks if all are folowing the pala only to get a protection?

Very good on PVE but not on pvp
  • Options
    taur1s1antaur1s1an Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    doidloko wrote: »
    Hi
    pls remove or fix the pala protection gor group in pvp.
    all nubs are folowing the palas on pvp now, receive 0 demage.

1 Pala can protect 3 or 4 players, its impossible to kill with 20k power i make 0 demage on all users protected of pala.
    put this skill on pala only lol, why make all nub folowers imortal?

Pally have permanent daily buff(blue bubble) :(:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzEFucGlPp4#t=18

• Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    @taur1s1an Video of OP abusing certain exploit to get an almost permanent encounter cooldowns reset (and thus - huge AP gain). This is bug, not balance and great example why some OPs can take no damage
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    It's just that one skill that bothers me for paladins. I see it daily in pvp, they bubble and they take 0 damage, even when we've got a whole team on them. The bubble itself isnt a bad idea, I've seen other games with the same type of skill -but it needs to last less time or have a damage cap before it bursts and should be longer on cool down.

I don't know much about bugs, if their ability to use it repeatedly is a bug, then that needs fixing, if its not, then theres a balance issue here.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I actually think OP should keep this ability as OP's job is to Defend and Protect the allies around them, however the shield should only reduce say 50% incoming damage instead of keeping them and the allies around them totally immued to all damages during that period. In a premade vs premade fight, one person could be brought down in 5 seconds or less, having this immunity frame for one party could mean half the enemies or all could be wiped before the immunity frame runs out. Currently the only way to counter this is to either use the same or have a uber DC with empowered shield or heals to keep their team immortal and thus resulting fights like above.

IMO, Pally's shield and DC's astral shield should both reduce a good amount of incoming damage let say by 50% (and the same for PvE but Cryptic should remove the one shotting mechanic currently implemented in T2 dungeons), this would make the fights more fun and challenging and not feel like having to use an immortal class to encounter another immortal class....
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Or, perhaps we could stop asking for nerfs to classes we do not understand nor play.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    jugger71 said:

Or, perhaps we could stop asking for nerfs to classes we do not understand nor play.

This.

I've mained paladin for a while now. and While some skills are Insanely OP/UP. I never have a problem killing / directing my allies on how to kill other paladins, Unless they are using certain skills, even then. its pretty easy to ignore him. cap the point. then just sit someone nearby to keep the point controlled. as if they are using all defensive skills they dont have enough damage unless they severely outgear the opponent.

My 2 cents on the only Actual nerfs needed.

Binding Oath : This needs a change, At the moment its just too much mitigation and too hard to hurt through without 2-4 people and chain stuns. Easiest fix is to reduce it to 80% absorb, or too make the damage at the end trigger if the skill is reactivated. Personally I would rather it gave additive DR or was just extra dr for its duration on a seperate layer, with its relatively short duration that shouldnt be too nasty. its currently too good at tanking, and its "negative affect" is easily avoidable.

Divine Protector - Again, too much potential mitigation in both PvE and PvP. All this really needs is to transfer 80% instead of 100%. With the new "AP" Meta, you can essentially have over 60-80% uptime on this skill. and with the right class combination you can have 100% uptime. for something that strong it also needs to increase the damage the paladin takes from it (lets say to 40% from the current 20%) this would make it combo well with binding oath even with my suggested change to it. and remove the ability to make your entire team immortal.

I wont go into what I feel needs buffs though. for the sake of avoiding OP PLS NERF arguments.

Another thing that could always be done is nerf AP gain when flagged for PvP by 50% haha :P Like healing depression but for AP. Suddenly These Infinite AP spam builds arent possible, and dailys become more strategic instead of spammable skills.

Post edited by rversant on
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    icyphish wrote: »
    I actually think OP should keep this ability as OP's job is to Defend and Protect the allies around them, however the shield should only reduce say 50% incoming damage instead of keeping them and the allies around them totally immued to all damages during that period. In a premade vs premade fight, one person could be brought down in 5 seconds or less, having this immunity frame for one party could mean half the enemies or all could be wiped before the immunity frame runs out. Currently the only way to counter this is to either use the same or have a uber DC with empowered shield or heals to keep their team immortal and thus resulting fights like above.

IMO, Pally's shield and DC's astral shield should both reduce a good amount of incoming damage let say by 50% (and the same for PvE but Cryptic should remove the one shotting mechanic currently implemented in T2 dungeons), this would make the fights more fun and challenging and not feel like having to use an immortal class to encounter another immortal class....

You just described another Pally daily - Shield of Faith :P
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    Neverwinter is what like 2 years old now. When will you folks learn that balancing classes from a PVP standpoint simply doesnt work UNLESS there are two separate builds for PVP and PVE. All of your suggestions are so terribly one-sided even a blind man could see the flaws in them.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.