test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Minimum Item level needed to win Epic CC, Epic GWD and Epic ToS?

arandompandaarandompanda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
edited August 2015 in PvE Discussion
Just like the title says. I have not yet run any of the higher epics. Only just got my purple elemental alliance assault gear. Item level is 2,297.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    It depends on the class, what the rest of the team brings, and stuff that doesn't show up in ilvl like boons and companions. A 2.2 DC will probably be okay but a 2.2 tank will just be fodder in the T2s. 2.5 is usually about the lowest you will see advertised in LFG, 3+ is more typical

Get in a guild, typically guilds are more open to carrying developing players. LFG can be a tough critic of ilvl and pugging is useless unless your prepared to carry a team yourself (usually a pug team is missing someone because they weren't that good to start with).

That said i have been lucky and queued into some very good pug teams. Some people like the challenge of a pug queue run. But those runs are typically still a challenge
  • Options
    bushman1414bushman1414 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    As newcomer, maybe better try get "veteran" -party, I dont see that current so called "epic" dungeons can be run for fun.

eCC cuold be best shot anyway, then eTOS, just try get team what just want get seals, random teams are exisiting way do things but cuold be painfull, LFG is just boasted itemlevel -hunters...

...maybe newcomers, random queues is bad formula so guild could be best shot.

ps. Im poisoning pugs in my kitchen...
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Me and arandompanda are not new. We've been around since Mod 1. She's been playing since beta. Both are $ supporters. We both got perfect enchants. I'm 2.5+IL.
    We've yet to survive past 10 minutes in the post mod6 dungeons. Any hit is an instant kill. 3 hits if blocking.

I was hoping that would be fixed in the latest patch; it was not. 'Slightly' is what we got.

Our old guild (one of the oldest and biggest) that could have 50+ active members on at any time during Mod 5 was decimated to maybe 2 or 3 active players (or less) post mod 6. So we're mostly stuck w/ pugs right now. Kessels and eLOL is as far as we can go. Kessels is still one-shot alley for me, but we win most of the time.

• Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I have only finished ECC twice without the party trying work arounds and similar. Both times have been after the last patch, so some difference is seen but its still very difficult with a nicely balanced party - pug it and it can be frustratingly hard. Generally, if you've got less than a 2k gear score and less than 75k hp, it's not recomended. After those marks, its up to you. I would always say try it, see how it goes for you personally, because hard as it is, the mobs arent too bad, but then you can rev and try again if you fail at first. It's the bosses that are the real pain.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Someone posted a video several weeks back showing them completing eCC somewhat legitimately. I believe they all had IL over 3000. Sad thing is if you already have an IL that high you don't really need to do eCC. eToS is probably the only t2 dungeon you can complete with an IL in the 2300 range, as long as you have a decent OP in your group.
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    twoedge1 wrote: »
    Someone posted a video several weeks back showing them completing eCC somewhat legitimately. I believe they all had IL over 3000. Sad thing is if you already have an IL that high you don't really need to do eCC. eToS is probably the only t2 dungeon you can complete with an IL in the 2300 range, as long as you have a decent OP in your group.

And that is why epic dungeons are not helpful :/ if you can complete them, chances are you already have the gear you get from it or its pvp equivilent. The only reason I have for now running epics is for seals towards the guildhall dragonflight set - and even with that, the pvp set is better for what I need so again, epic dungeons not really required, but not all of us want to pvp.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Yeah, I wouldn't bother with eCC. If Cryptic would do something about the one shot archers during the final boss fight it would go a long way to improve things for that dungeon. The only time I've seen the eCC final boss defeated is through exploits.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    20+ attempts at ETOS this weekend, best we were able to do was half health through stage 2. You either need to be practically perfect for 10 straight minutes or have significant DPS to bring her down faster, or you are going to fail due to random instakills. On my combat tracker those nights, I had PAGES of hits over 100k (Trapper HR), and most over 200k.

I'm all for a challenge, but there are ways to make the fights challenging without jut going to the old standby of "just jack the HP and damage up to 2000%...that will make it harder *Dr Evil Laugh*". One shots aren't fun for anyone, especially when you can't rez during a fight.

The challenge should be figuring out the mechanics of the fight, not avoiding random oneshot kills.

Anyways....double seals weekend, planning to run ETOS 2/3 till my hands bleed, and hopefully get enough for the dragonflight gear.....then twiddle thumbs till next mod.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    its not about iLevel/gear but what weapon/armor enchantments you have, augment pet, and certain item sets for dpsers. You need to work on those before going to T2.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    I think etos is close to t1. So if you can finish elol and vt, you can do it. For other dungeons, I have not tried it legit ly. There are actually not enough people willing to try. I don't know and I have a feeling many players only want a fast success.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    A good group combination is more important than item level. Item level don't count boons and 139 level artifact has same item level as 100 level artifact and so on. The problem I see in the whole community is that we have not so many healer and tanks. It certainly makes things harder than it actually is.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It helps to have enough HP to not get one-shotted by trash mobs, and a competent tank/healer. If you can get to around 80-90k HP (tanks should aim higher, 110k+), you're good to go. You are probably going to die a lot regardless, so make sure to stock up on injury kits. Soulforged enchants are also useful here, as is the Lathander set.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    IL counters mistakes. So it does matter in some regard. The lower your IL, the longer the battle will take, which leads to more chances that the boss or adds will 1 shot you because you weren't standing on X pixel facing Y direction.

Item Level should not and can not be the sole measure. Neither can Paingiver stats and such. However, after 2-3 tries at something, people will start looking at that stuff and seeing where the problem is.

I still believe HP and damage on bosses could be reduced 25%, and it would still be a challenge.

I tell you this - as a trapper (and not real familiar with other classes mechanics so I can't comment), having at least 6 encounters up at all times, and usually more with dailies and encounter charges...my fingers literally HURT after a 10 minute boss fight. Seeing people start to die after 10 minutes, knowing you have to try again.....omg.

• Options
    adriaen666adriaen666 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I've done eTOS with my guildies recently. I'm 2,5k and the rest of them had been 2,8-3,3k iLVL. We needed a few tries but it worked.