test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapon and Armor Enchants for DO Righteous build?

mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
What's the current thinking for "best" enchants for:
Weapon
and
Armor

For a DO Righteous path build?
I'm level 70 and have my main and offhand artifacts.
I have a vorpal (not the really high end one) already, but wasn't sure about replacing it or using something else.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Is this a question for PvE or PvP?

For PvE:

Offense - since the Righteous Build really wants high crit (for Fire of the Gods) Vorpal is a good choice here. As well, since you'll find you still need to heal people, that vorpal will increase your crit heals.

Defense - this is PvE, so 99% of the time the answer is Soulforged. Given that trash mobs will one-shot you in Epic dungeons, there is no other enchantment here.

PvP:

This really varies based on what loadout and playstyle you have for PvP. Defensively, It never hurts to have negation, and elven battle can be argued due to our lack of a CC breaker.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    Thank you very much. I forgot to add PvE, so thank you for mentioning that.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Agreed

For righteous we can assume your stacking crit for fire of the gods. Vorpal is the only enchant that actually increases healing potency. So together you can overcome some of the deficit you have by not having passive heals. While righteous will never stand up to the heal capability of the other paths, you may be able to heal for decently geared parties and good tanks through the potency of high crit severity and crit chance.

However, depending on your role, maybe you want to focus on buff/debuff and not stack crit for fire of the gods (or even select fire of the gods from the righteous tree). Then you may consider PF or terror. I haven't seen that build but I could see it playing a niche role.

Has anyone looked or seen a righteous focused build on buff/debuff with gift of haste? damage would be similar to a faithful/virtuous cleric and heals would be bad. But your geared team could probably melt everything.

• Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    putzboy78 wrote: »
    Has anyone looked or seen a righteous focused build on buff/debuff with gift of haste? damage would be similar to a faithful/virtuous cleric and heals would be bad. But your geared team could probably melt everything.

Not me, but you should be able to more damage more than virtuous or faithful with "Avatar". I have thought of going for "Gift of Haste" but that would mean not having either "Condemning Gaze" or "Fire of the Gods". So the question is just how important "Gift of Haste" is for parties other than the Paladin, "Condemning Gaze" gives extra 15% damage to the party so that could (I said could because I don't have any numbers to verify which would be better to have) make up for less frequent daily usage.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    yeah that's my thought also, outside of paladin parties I'm not convinced that gift of haste is that valuable. The obvious choice is to give up fire of the gods but that would significantly lower your dps and if you've built around crit could be a very expensive change. I'm at 58% crit chance so giving up fire of the gods would be pretty stupid

but it could be something awesome to play with
  • Options
    adriaen666adriaen666 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    For Righteous - Vorpal.
    If you don't have high-crit build, you may use Terror or Plague Fire.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Been using trans feytouched lately. It is actually pretty damn good. The damage sap to PVE mobs makes a vast difference in survivability if you're wearing the high prophet set. Was at 36k before I upgraded my artifact and some new rings giving me 40k now. Ran Biggrin's Tomb. His AoE didn't even cut half my health away. Chipped 2/3 my TR's 83k off and that's with a DHS debuff and advant position offhand bonus. Made my clear speed skyrocket compared to a perfect plague fire that I was previously using.

Plus high crit and stacked lifesteal. Survivability is extremely high.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Others have covered it pretty well.. just wanted to point out (lowest)prices as of this moment.
    Crit Build.
    Perfect Vorp = 2.9 million AD = 120.83 days of max rough ad.
    Pure Vorp = 6 Million AD =250 days of max ad.
    (pure is the highest you would need to go for max dps on a vorp)

Debuff build
    Perfect Plague = 849k = 35.37 days of rough AD.
    Pure Plague = 1.4 million = 58.33 days

Trans Fey = 4 million (you will want it at trans. = 166.66 days of rough AD.

You can of course make your own at a reduced rate..

• Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    It's actually possible to just run skirmishes/dungeons on three characters and generate roughly 50-60k AD per day, which is the new meta for casuals (or at least the ones who've figured it out). If you go for the easier/faster skirmishes/dgs on your alts the whole thing takes about 1-2 hours.
    That's without the extra AD you get from rare loot, events and earnings/bonuses from x2 RP events.
    This process may seem old school, but thanks to the recent massive drop in auction house prices it actually works very well.

Of course you need to actually wait for your characters to mature before you start making that much AD, and you now have no way to get around your daily dose of PvE/PvP frustration. That's the worst part, and understandably new players are having a hard time dealing with it.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    rapipirapipi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Are we all okay with trans feytouched being the best damage enchant ?
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

I havent tested it on the dc.. i tested it on my cw and was surprised at the results with it vs my pure vorp. I do not have the ad funds to just go make one.. well, i guess if I spent most of my AD on making one I could.. but im not going to do that.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    rapipi said:

Are we all okay with trans feytouched being the best damage enchant ?

Haven't tested out vorpal. But seeing how many of the DoTs don't crit. If you like to spam chains or daunting vorpal would probably w

I havent tested it on the dc.. i tested it on my cw and was surprised at the results with it vs my pure vorp. I do not have the ad funds to just go make one.. well, i guess if I spent most of my AD on making one I could.. but im not going to do that.

It's pretty nice for solo. I'm plowing through things just depending on divine and empowered sunburst.