test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Mail

ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
While trying to up date my guild, Tyrs Paladium , I went to send a guild mail. But I could not send it because earlier in the day one of my other officers had already sent a guild mail. When I hoverd over the send button, it gave a message of "you can send only one guild mail per guild per day". Realy? we can only send one guild message a day?? Is that intended or is it a bug?

While I am at it, can I ask that you add in an option to select by guild rank who guild mail goes to? It would be nice if I could send mail only to officers, or even to say just rank 5 or higher. But we also need to be able to send more than just one guild mail a day.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    This has been how it's been since the start of the game. It is a 24 hour cooldown on guid mail. I believe this is to prevent people from spam sending guild mail. And it is in the permissions as to who can send guild mail. Mis-read your last paragraph... officer mail would be awesome to be able to send. What I end up doing is sending mail to my officers with as many of them in 1 mailing as I can @handle1, @handle2, @handle3... etc. That does work, but there's still a limit as to how many people you can send mail to at once.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Well I can see a limit due to spamming curtailment, but just one a day??? realy?? How about a limit of 5 a day? Also the recievers do have the option to block mail and mark it as spam. But have not tryed that on a guild mail yet, but I presume it works on guild mail as well. And on a side note, a guild that would spam me would not be one I would stay in.
    And yes, your methood of sending to Officers is doable, but can be annoying. Not sure why they do not already have an option to send by guild rank, but it just seems like common sense to me.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    While we're on the topic, it would be great to have guild mail sent with some sort of indication that it is guild mail, and which guild it was sent from. When sending guild mail, i try to always mention our guild name in the text, and also sign the message with "Leader, Shadows of Gauntlgrym." However, there are often replies (sometimes angry ones) from members who do not realize that 1) it is a guild mail sent to all members and 2) that it is sent to their account, not a specific character. Gets kind of old having members reply to guild mail to gripe at me that that specific character (whichever one they were on when they opened the mail) is not in my guild and thus i shouldn't be bothering them. While i realize it is nothing more than lack of knowledge on their part as to how mail and/or guild mail works, it would help a great deal if guild mail had some sort of indication to the recipient that it is indeed guild mail.

And yeah, being able to send guild mail more often and/or put more words in it would also be great.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    oK5k2df.jpg

"G" -> Settings
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    <snip>

"G" -> Settings

I normally enjoy reading your posts and agree with nearly everything you say. I'm kinda baffled here though. What is the image for? No one was asking how to set permissions for who can send guild mail.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    "G" -> Settings

Yes, the question is to choose who to send guild mail to, not who can send it. We want officer mail. Officer mail would help so much!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    I obviously spent WAY too much time in the sun today and mis-read.

Apologies. lol
    header.png
    kreatyve wrote: »
    "G" -> Settings

Yes, the question is to choose who to send guild mail to, not who can send it. We want officer mail. Officer mail would help so much!

That it would.
    header.png