test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What level trapper become better?

janiandroll91janiandroll91 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2015 in The Wilds
I'm in helm's hold with my trapper and i just expereimenced how weak my char. My gwf underleveled beat the bosses easy,the bugged,nerfed sw just laughed when see the coming reinfocement for the boss,but the overleveled trapper just cry,when see the boss. I seen the feat progression,i know the real power in the ending on the feat tree,but this is a joke.
Melee dmg weak,the ranged ok,but i am a trapper,i'm supposed to use both weapon.
And something bothering me.The incoming damage. The high lvl trapper become an encounter "only" char as i seen.So if i want to use melee enc. i need to stay in the fight even in ranged mode. But in the elemental evil even my gwf stay half time in unstoppable beacuse of the incoming damage,so without the huge temp hp,how can my trapper stay alive?
So the questions is: When trapper become good? How i reach this level without burnout? How can a trapper survive in lvl60+ content?
Sorry for my english.
Post edited by janiandroll91 on

Comments

• Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Fox's Cunning/Swift. Makes wonder.
    Try Fox/Cordon/Constricting Arrow - Fox/Plant Growth/Steel Breeze Rotation. Fox will save your hide, and also your party most of the time. Change Rain of Arrows - Cordon for Single target bosses. That's after lv 60.
    Survivbility is fine. You can get the melee +5% lifesteal chance feat also, that helps. You need to be fast in melee, fox swift get you close to the targets, a fast plant growth and steel breeze, then 2 dodge out, and you can use your ranged attack. Repeat. Fox cunning' dodge will save you in melee. Roots will save you in ranged.

Also, if you are low level, use a Tank Companion to get the aggro. basic Man at arms is good enough. You will see some improvement when you get the thorned roots/crushing roots feats, and swiftness of the fox feat. Until then, you can even skip the melee part, and go with ranged attacks, you cant see any difference with an archer until higher levels. Sadly, theres no too much good melee power, planth growth and fox will be your best. Steel Breeze in only for the Const part and stamina regen, damage is not too great. In lower levels, just skip the melee.
    Dont give up, Trapper is a beast in high level.
    Post edited by blazious11 on
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    janiandroll91janiandroll91 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    blazious11 wrote: »
    Fox's Cunning/Swift. Makes wonder.
    Try Fox/Constricting/Cordon - Fox/Plant Growth/Steel Breeze Rotation. Fox will save your hide, and also your party most of the time. Change Rain of Arrows - Cordon for Single target bosses.
    The cordon-plant growth as read,not work with the Thorned roots feat,becuse in the description not mention strong grasping roots. So just the description wrong or the the cordon-plant growth despite the rooting effect not work with the feat?
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    You only need 1 root encounter to activate the feat and the capstone, and thats covered with Consticting arrow. Of course, you can use hindering shot/Hindering Strike for another root effect, but I find Cordon's control ability very useful in group and solo content, it's like the new Arcane Singularity, for getting mobs together. Cordon + Consticting Arrow roots gathers the mobs and control them, Cordon have high damage, and Roots have high Damage over time. Also Plant growth does not count as root, but has really good damage, like 10-15% of your total damage output, or more with more mobs.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    Use constrict + hindering + cordon as encounters and Lone wolf+Crushing root as class features.

Constrict and hindering will act as your cc since they can proc crushing root which will daze mobs. Cordon/plant growth will be your main nuke power thank to its huge base damage.

You should slot Forest Ghost as 1 of your dailies. You can use it as an opener against a pack of range mobs or you can use it as an escape tool if things start turning sour.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I assume you are still low lvl seeing as you are running around in Helm's Hold. It will take some time for you to feel more comfortable with the Trapper as you are currently lacking the proper tools are your disposal. Once you unlock the higher-tier powers, things will start looking up for you. I suggest that you use a healer or tank companion in the meantime.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    if you are high enough get constricting hindering and fox shift constricting hits multiples and roots them swap to melee fox shift in for damage and gives dodge from enemy. The hindering roots them again and steel breeze adds damage. jump or dodge away start rotation again I also use forest ghost for big mobs at the start of rotation rapid shot does good damage and at lower levels split shots good aimed takes to long for range attack but the melee can be combined with fox shift and bleed does a lot of damage. If you need help with feats and powers pm me
    jhp
    Note I run this rotation at higher levels and works as well I ran a t1 and Kessels with and OP,CW,DC and another HR and topped DPS on both.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    In a nutshell, the moment you get your hands on Crushing Roots, is when things turn around. Welcome to the world of bullshi* nonstop control.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    kweassa wrote: »
    In a nutshell, the moment you get your hands on Crushing Roots, is when things turn around. Welcome to the world of bullshi* nonstop control.

he is not high enough level for CR nor COA look where hes at in leveling and try to help him be a better HR

jhp

for the OP a Good investment is a tank companion l

• Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    jhpnw wrote: »
    he is not high enough level for CR nor COA look where hes at in leveling and try to help him be a better HR

jhp

...and what was his questions in his opening post?
    "When trapper become good?"

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'