test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold Structure Progression

instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
edited August 2015 in PvE Discussion
Since I haven't been able to find another thread, blog post, or other information related to the progression of the Stronghold Structures, I thought I would start one. I'm a little disappointed that an uberGuild who is already up to GH L5 or L6 hasn't taken the time to help out others, but that's fairly typical for this game.

Regardless, this is how I've figured the "roadmap" to look so far:

Lumber L1
Farm L1
GH L2
Market L1
GH L3
Quarry L1
GH L4
Market L2
Mine L1
Support L1
Lumber L2
Farm L2
Quarry L2
Mine L2
Support L2
GH L5
Boon L1
GH L6
Lumber L3
Farm L3

That's as far as I've gotten so far. Thoughts and comments are appreciated. (I'm correcting this as obvious mistakes are pointed out..)
header.png
"...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well, your first few are a bit off.

I believe it's

Lumber L1
    Farm L1
    Market L1
    GH L2
    GH L3
    Quarry L1

or maybe GH L2 before Market L1? I forget if you need the increased coffer to make the marketplace.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I had looked at that pretty closely, and think it can be done either way. But with the game currently down, I can't confirm.
    header.png
  • dentage1234dentage1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    I believe you need Guild Hall at level 3 before you can upgrade Production Plots to level 2. At least that's what I seem to recall. Will confirm...uh, later? Either way, appreciate the effort to lay out the general guideline :)
  • beck54beck54 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    The uberGuilds are too busy building their Strongholds. Which is probably why they have Level 5 or 6 Guild Halls.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    We built the Lumberyard, then Farm, then Marketplace, and are now working toward upgrading the Guild Hall to Rank 2. So looks like it can be done either way thus far. :)

With so much conflicting information about requirements for Guild Hall upgrade to Rank 3, we're just waiting to see what options we have after getting it to Rank 2 and take it from there.
  • adriaen666adriaen666 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Lumber L1
    Farm L1
    Market L1
    GH L2
    GH L3
    Quarry L1

This way is correct.
    zbkolde wrote: »
    With so much conflicting information about requirements for Guild Hall upgrade to Rank 3, we're just waiting to see what options we have after getting it to Rank 2 and take it from there.

We're just over 15k Influence left to upgrade to GH L3. Hopefully by tomorrow we'll know.

header.png

We're just over 15k Influence left to upgrade to GH L3. Hopefully by tomorrow we'll know.

Did you have to build a PvP tower? And, did any other plot options open up after you upgraded your Guild Hall to Rank 2 (like a quarry)? Those are what we've been wondering about.
    Did you have to build a PvP tower? And, did any other plot options open up after you upgraded your Guild Hall to Rank 2 (like a quarry)? Those are what we've been wondering about.

From what I understand, the GH itself counts as a structure, so in theory, we'll be able to skip any of the PvP stuff for now.

Additional plots don't open up until GH L3, which will open up 2 new Production Plots and 1 new Support Plot. So it would seem:
    • GH L3 unlocks 2 new Production Plots and 1 new Support Plot.
      • This is needed to build a Quarry because of the Stone requirement on the Market L2.
    • Quarry or GH L4?
    • GH L4 is needed to upgrade structures to Rank 2.
    header.png
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    yep. Our guild [New World Order] did lumberyard 1, farm 1, marketplace 1, and now almost done with guild hall2. We will then do Guild hall 3 and then Quarry for Stone for marketplace 2.

Now in theory you can get a ton of stone by finding stone vouncers but common sense would say quarry is the best way to get stone for marketplace 2.
    Now in theory you can get a ton of stone by finding stone vouncers but common sense would say quarry is the best way to get stone for marketplace 2.

The only Stone Vouchers we've "found" are from guild members buying the Stronghold booster box on the zen market. We've killed a LOT of mobs on the SH map and have yet to have any "materials" vouchers drop. Just stolen treasures, etc.

And before anyone flames me, no, I'm not *forcing* anyone to buy stuff. In fact, I'm discouraging people from investing real money into the SH.

header.png
  • quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User

The only Stone Vouchers we've "found" are from guild members buying the Stronghold booster box on the zen market. We've killed a LOT of mobs on the SH map and have yet to have any "materials" vouchers drop. Just stolen treasures, etc.

And before anyone flames me, no, I'm not *forcing* anyone to buy stuff. In fact, I'm discouraging people from investing real money into the SH.

My guild got more than enough stone vouchers from dragon flight event. We easily maxed out the coffer on both stone and metal from this.

quaranax wrote: »
    My guild got more than enough stone vouchers from dragon flight event. We easily maxed out the coffer on both stone and metal from this.

Ah... that explains it.

We're nowhere big enough to really tackle that event. Not that we haven't been practicing. :-D
    header.png
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    quaranax wrote: »

Ah... that explains it.

We're nowhere big enough to really tackle that event. Not that we haven't been practicing. :-D

same here.
  • quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    You don't need to kill all 4 dragons to get the vouchers, just the max aount of fangs.

Actually, my guild is about 15-30 players online at the time and that's ENOUGH to take two dragons down.
    Our record thus far is getting one dragon down to 68%.
    header.png
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Our record thus far is getting one dragon down to 68%.

My guild only managed to do the dragon once before they're taken down and we managed around the same % too. Most of us are in the 2-3k IL range, nowhere near BID.

Still a long way to go for us to be able to farm the dragonfights effectively.
    FJWEaZX.jpg

Well.. I guess that settles that.

Quarry first, then GH L4, due to the Stone requirement.
    header.png
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    For those ppl who have a problem to kill a dragon for the vouchers some tips.

Get the dragon potions from the dragon rounds and the WoD shop.

If possible: Get a debuff DC. Get a buff GF (grouped with DC and high dps). Get a renegade CW and your HR using thorne ward/ long striders shot.

Get your players in position around the landing place, near the places where the adds spawn and kill them.

If you have much range dps, kill the red one. With heal and melee, green one. A few high dps with buff/ debuff, black. We did not kill the blue, due to the fact, that we are maxed at 3 dragons.

Most ppl dont play with the right tactic. For zerg fights a 30% dmg buff is better, than one more dmg dealer. With 15 ppl you should be able to kill one dragon without a problem. We killed each one of the above mentioned dragons with 5-6 players and the right combination of buff/ debuff (granted, the dps players were 3k+).

I hope this helps you to get the vouchers.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    GH 3 can't be built without a PVP structure, right? It's barren to me.

No. You don't need PvP towers to advance the Stronghold.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • bushman1414bushman1414 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    asterotg wrote: »

Get the dragon potions from the dragon rounds and the WoD shop.

If possible: Get a debuff DC. Get a buff GF (grouped with DC and high dps). Get a renegade CW and your HR using thorne ward/ long striders shot.

Get your players in position around the landing place, near the places where the adds spawn and kill them.

If you have much range dps, kill the red one. With heal and melee, green one. A few high dps with buff/ debuff, black. We did not kill the blue, due to the fact, that we are maxed at 3 dragons.

Most ppl dont play with the right tactic. For zerg fights a 30% dmg buff is better, than one more dmg dealer. With 15 ppl you should be able to kill one dragon without a problem. We killed each one of the above mentioned dragons with 5-6 players and the right combination of buff/ debuff (granted, the dps players were 3k+).

hhm, we dont have those, we have only players on guild and they dont have AD ´s to make new builds so we cant make party X wit, yZQ -gear and "ooomph" enchants... and online is max 7 to 10. END

edited August 2015
    asterotg wrote: »

<snip>

Umm.. I'm literally just hours from my GH L3, and we've already amassed enough stuff in the coffer to have a quarry built fairly immediately.

But thanks!
    Post edited by instynctive on
    header.png
    UPDATE

We now have:
    Lumber L1
    Farm L1
    GH L2
    Market L1
    GH L3
    Quarry L1

And are about 5k Fey Trinkets short of our GH L4. Soon!
    header.png
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    hhm, we dont have those, we have only players on guild and they dont have AD ´s to make new builds so we cant make party X wit, yZQ -gear and "ooomph" enchants... and online is max 7 to 10. END

Without buff/ debuff, good gear and a max of 7-10 players, the dragon HEs are most likely impossible for your guild, but there have been post of other ppl who struggled and might raise their dps due to this tips and win.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    My guild is going to build GH L3 today and we've got enough Stone from vouchers to manage upgrading it to L4, so - it's possible. The most difficult thing is getting Influence. That's why I've been farming it on alts. :P