test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GS help

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
I'm a fairly new player. I just got my first character up to 60 this week. I bought some armour (a set) that turned out to be t1. I've been trying to fill out with other stuff to get my GS up to 12000. I am at 11.6 right now and figured I'd bite the bullet and try and replace my pegasus ring with an epic ring. I bought three rings. not a single one increased my GS. in fact, it reduced with all of them. the last one I even double checked that it was t2 before purchase.. still lower GS than before.. WHY? why is a blue ring higher GS than a T2 epic?

Hunter Dragonborn if that helps the equation any

Comments

• Options
    mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    That doesn't sound right.. did you forget to move an enchantment over from the old to the new perhaps?

Which rings are these and what are the stats on each?
  • Options
    necromancer's ring of undeath with draconic 4 11.556
    grand fugitives ring of revolt with dark enchantment 4 11.591
    ring of pegasus with draconic 4 11.647
    arcane archmage ring +6 (no enchantment slot) this one irc went to 11.2

WTH is what I'm thinking. lol
  • Options
    fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    GS is based on the bonus the ring gives, so ignoring sockets to presume you are using same enchantment in the old ring and the new ring. The blue ring iirc is +458 stat, the epic stat mod I think is 3 stat @ +133 which adds up to 399. The difference is the difference in GS.

To increase GS, have a look at getting an additional artefact and refine it, or artefact weapon/belt/cloak and refine that.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I just won a Artifact weapon beating tiamat tonight.

and thanks for that explanation. I was a little baffled by how GS was calculated. now I have a green and a blue equipped and have a higher GS than before. LOL.
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Also if you only have a lvl 4 enchantment look to upgrade to a 6 or 7. You'll gain gs quick by doing that.
  • Options
    well, right now I just wanted to get my GS up enough to be competitive. I wanted to break 12k to avoid being yelled at for the most part by asshats. LOL, but I'm not going to be fussed with climbing beyond that until the next mod.

I'm going to play with things as I get them from drops from here on out until the the next update to the game is released. I'm thinking there is no point in building an armor set when in a couple weeks it will all be redundant yeah? I had forest warden as a set but I broke that up when I got a dragon helmet. then I got golden dragon blades so the warden set is irretrievably broken now. LOL.

I have a ton of refining material that has dropped.. should I just be holding on to all that until the next mod as well? or is that all going to be useless as well?

thanks for the info on how gs is calculated i was able to get up to 1200 last night with some higher level enchantments.
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yes hold on to all your refining materials at least I am. I'm stock piling everything that I'll be able to use in the upcoming mods. Enchantments, refining stones, artifact belts, cloaks etc. Anything I can put in to the new gear when I hit 70. I'm almost out of room too lol I've also been hanging onto all HE awards too just in case.