test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xbox Player Advice

aunslautaunslaut Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited August 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
As many of you may know, NW on Xbox has only had Mod 5 and the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign since it's launch. It was recently announced that in September Xbox would be getting all Mods (1-4 & 6) in one big update. As you can imagine, many of us are scrambling for information on what we need to do to prepare, but internet searches haven't proved helpful in determining how we should be preparing for this major change. My questions are as follows:

1. Artifact Neck and Belt - it is my understanding that these can be acquired through Linu's Favor and Fallen Dragon Fangs acquired from Tiamat. The amount needed for each item is still vague to me. If someone could let me know how many of each I will need for each belt/Neck I would appreciate it.

2. Elemental 4 Piece Armor - how is this acquired? Is it crafted as an extension of the Black Ice Shaping profession? This might sound like a stupid question, but remember, we have not had the Icewindale campaign and I don't know where to start.

3. Elemental weapons - same as above. Other than knowing they exist, I can't find any information on how they are acquired.

Thanks in advance. As you can imagine, this change is leaving many of us scrambling for information. This is a huge leap forward on the game progress for us, and I am concerned that we have not had the time to experience and acquire all the gear needed to be effective when this update comes out.

Comments

• aeragar47aeragar47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    aunslaut wrote: »
    As many of you may know, NW on Xbox has only had Mod 5 and the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign since it's launch. It was recently announced that in September Xbox would be getting all Mods (1-4 & 6) in one big update. As you can imagine, many of us are scrambling for information on what we need to do to prepare, but internet searches haven't proved helpful in determining how we should be preparing for this major change. My questions are as follows:

1. Artifact Neck and Belt - it is my understanding that these can be acquired through Linu's Favor and Fallen Dragon Fangs acquired from Tiamat. The amount needed for each item is still vague to me. If someone could let me know how many of each I will need for each belt/Neck I would appreciate it.

2. Elemental 4 Piece Armor - how is this acquired? Is it crafted as an extension of the Black Ice Shaping profession? This might sound like a stupid question, but remember, we have not had the Icewindale campaign and I don't know where to start.

3. Elemental weapons - same as above. Other than knowing they exist, I can't find any information on how they are acquired.

Thanks in advance. As you can imagine, this change is leaving many of us scrambling for information. This is a huge leap forward on the game progress for us, and I am concerned that we have not had the time to experience and acquire all the gear needed to be effective when this update comes out.

1. It depends on which set you are looking for. Some are from the TOD vendor and some are from their specific vendor (for example, the black ice neck/belt are from the black ice vendor in Icewind Dale). The items that are available on the TOD vendor are still 15 linus each, iirc -- but don't quote me on that since I haven't looked at that in a while.

2. You get up to BI Level 3 profession from the IWD campaign, then it costs 75K BI (iirc) to upgrade that to level 5. The T1 Blue armor (Item Level 130) can be crafted into IL 132 armor through the Black Ice level 5 profession. The T2 135 armor can be crafted into the IL 137 armor--this is the Elemental set to which I assume you're referring.

The PVP t2 armor (IL 130) can also be crafted into IL 137 armor using the BI profession.

3. Elemental Main Hand is a reward from completing the set of quests in Spinward Rise which is the final leveling zone for Elemental Evil (level is approx. 66/67-70); you do not need to do any of the quests in the previous leveling zones to get this. (or I suppose you can also get the MH campaign chest from the TOD compaign using linus in the same manner that you got the Mod 5 MH).

The OH is obtained from a Knox quest to talk to Neverember when you hit level 70.

• kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    1- neck+belt : dragon heralds + tiamat raid + t1 dungeons (VT/eLOL/MC)

2-elemental gear : the bis gear (135 IL) come from t2 dungeons bosses that drops seals that you can use them to buy it from a new NPC in PE.
    Then you can upgrade this gear to (137 IL) via black ice profession , you need like 75K black Ice + a dozen of unified elements to unlock the new lvls of the profession and another 2-3 unified element per gear .

3-the secondary weapon is given to you by sergent Knox when you hit lvl 70 , the main hand , you can craft it via the TOD compaign or get it for free by finishing the vigilance quests of the spinward rise zone .
  • aunslautaunslaut Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Thanks. That helps a lot. To clarify:

1. The neck/belt I am looking for are the Golden Belt of Puissance and the Lotmauth's Horde Necklace. It sounds like those two pieces are 15 Linu's Favor each? Of course, there are other belts/necklaces available in other campaigns, but the ones from TOD campaign require Linu's Favor?

2. I'm primarily interested in PvP, so it sounds like for question 2 there is a PvP set that can be purchased then upgraded through the Black Ice profession? What does the PvP gear cost? At this time, we can get Glory and Seals of Triumph on Xbox by running PvP, all other PvP currencies are unavailable.

To be specific, I've seen videos of Guardian Fighters in PvP wearing the Elemental Burning Executioner set. Is that set purchased and upgraded through the BI profession?

Thanks again in advance. You have no idea how helpful this is.
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    2 The Burning PVP gear is lvl 70 and can be upgrade to elemental Burning with black Ice profession it requires glory and seals of triumph, only, so fill up and you'll be able to get it right off the bat, the upgrade to elemental is minimal and requires black ice and black ice profession level 5 iirc.
  • aunslautaunslaut Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Thanks Zukn. Do you know how many Seals of Triumph are needed for a full set? It takes 27 right now to get a full Profound set.