test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do people think about the just announced tweaks to Mod6?

indiscriminantindiscriminant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
I had heard about all the horror stories and read quite a bit regarding the difference in mobs with Mod6, now they have posted an imminent tweak to the HP/Dmg of everything coming to PC and that will be included with the expansion for Xbox. Definitely hard to complain or comment without having experienced it, any PC players who switched over to Xbox able to provide some clarity? Do you think these tweaks will help prevent some of the issues they had on PC?
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I will say as the CM that these changes are very very good.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    I would have to agree. It will make the grind to 70 less of a grind.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • Options
    tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Sounds good to me. a lot of people on facebook don't like it, or feel it's too late lol
    their loss
  • Options
    acridbird74acridbird74 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I'm just happy we don't have to experience what the PC players experienced. It's encouraging that the developers listened to complaints and are responding. If players don't want to shake hands, that's their business. But it is an olive branch and a mea culpa from the devs who put a lot of work into this game.
    Aelwyn | SS Renegade CW | Lv 70 | ilvl 3029

Eos Sindhalyn | Annointed haste DC | Lv 70 | ilvl 2500

Lily Firegrass | buffbot Iron Vanguard GF | Lv 70 | ilvl 2685

Guild: The Misfit Toys - We are recruiting active players
  • Options
    I will say as the CM that these changes are very very good.

As the CM do you have any ideas or general timelines that we will be seeing EE drop for us on Xbox? Based on previous bonus weekends and other content I am assuming its likely the same week as Destiny drops Taken King but would love to know more and prefer it not be at the same time so I can balance my addictions lol.

• Options
    elikenuielikenui Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    It definitely sounds like a step in the right direction. It's encouraging to see that maybe there is hope for this game. I don't know if it will bring back all the PC players that quit the game because of mod 6 but it might prevent the same thing from happening on the Xbox. There's still a few more major issues with mod 6 that makes playing Neverwinter unenjoyable to the average player and hopefully these issues can also be addressed soon.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Being a PC player, these changes are extremely welcome to me.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    What xbone players need are guides to the new gear for each class and where to obtain it. I've never seen such an information deficit with a game as I have with neverwinter.

To be fair, a vast majority of the "usual suspects" that used to keep the wiki up to date and put in the time and effort to inform the community of the game's inner workings and mechanics have either quit playing due to a loss of interest, or, as of late, been banned over some rather controversial stuff I'd rather not get into (in fact, just stating that fact is liable to get me censored/into trouble...)

I'm not saying this to be all doom and gloom though. I very much enjoy the game and plan on playing it for a good long while. I'm just stating it as an indication that if it's more guides and info and data on this game, we're gunna have to take up the mantle and do the research and wiki updating and guide writing ourselves... We won't be able to rely on the min/maxing number crunchers of the past to continue to provide us with their "research" findings. That's not to say that ALL the guide writers, min/maxers, and number crunchers are gone. But it seems to be that now is the time for us to rely on ourselves, if that makes sense. I wish I could talk more on this particular topic but out of fear of drumming up reprecutions by mentioning issues still fresh in the minds of some within this community, I'll stop here and just reiterate my main sentiment. We... have to become the guide writers.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • Options
    sudnd3thsudnd3th Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    The new changes that we will be getting to mod 6 when it comes out will be quite welcome. I don't feel like we'll be getting overloaded with content now that we wont be able to do with the new grind for some time.
    suDnd3th - LvL 70 PvP WK Scoundrel TR
    Pyx - LvL 60 PvP AC DC Retired

XB1 GT - suDnd3th
  • Options
    acridbird74acridbird74 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    @mrtehpuppy I figured that's what happened. Once we get Mod 6 for XBO, I will try to help update the official wiki with info about new armor and weapons.
    Aelwyn | SS Renegade CW | Lv 70 | ilvl 3029

Eos Sindhalyn | Annointed haste DC | Lv 70 | ilvl 2500

Lily Firegrass | buffbot Iron Vanguard GF | Lv 70 | ilvl 2685

Guild: The Misfit Toys - We are recruiting active players
  • Options
    codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Sooooonnnn
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I think they could care less. They only bothered fixing it because they knew it would instantly cut the xbox population right in half.

Too little too late.