test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is Neverwinter to you?

bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
What is this game to you?
(If you somehow don't fit in any of these categories and would like to participate you can logically click the next closest option to you. Or you can just post it down & I might add it later)
Post edited by bobhunter1 on

Comments

• Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is the only MMO that I play seriously, there are a few others where I have a toon or two but they are lucky to get played more than once a year, probably when Neverwinter is down for maintenance and I'm at a loose end.

RL comes first, the only people who can afford to put a game first are kids who's bills get paid by someone else and who don't have a relationship! That said,the game gets played a fair bit, especially when the insomnia is running riot!
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I rotate between a few MMOs. Currently mainly Neverwinter, SWTOR and ESO. Of course single player games occasionally get between those too.
    Not much of an endgame guy, I generally start an alt or play something else after doing a bit of endgame content. Got 13 of them on NW at the moment, with #14 already reserved for the Paladin. :p
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I absolutely love D&D lore and the forgotten realms setting. This game does a good job to me and I love it. I play World of Warcraft and Neverwinter pretty much side by side (there isn't much to do beyond my 1 hour long daily routine in WoW during the week, so I play Neverwinter after that). I also have a number of single player games I am playing, but I still love me my fantasy MMORPGs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    First and only MMO I have ever played.

I spent an unhealthy amount of time on it for the first 8 months I played it, then I stopped for a good 2 months before Tiamat. I realised it was too much when it started feeling like a second job that I hate. Dailies man, dailies. . .

I've got 3 60s (DC, GF & GWF) a level 25 TR (started BEFORE the buff) that I have since consigned to prayer-botting and a level 50 HR that will be deleted to make room for a Paladin. The DC was my first toon and was abandoned in the middle of last year. He still has his reset feats. My GF has since become my main, rolled at their lowest point circa December 2013. The GWF is an admitted FoTM roll, created during the peak of the Roar-Takedown abuse. It is pretty close to the GF in terms of gear level and boons and I play it for a change of pace.

As for Mod 6, I'm at a crossroads. I fear for the future of the GF with the arrival of the Paladin. They're too similar and the GF has an extensive and untreated list of bugs, which tells me it is the unwanted stepchild. Mod 6 will determine how much longer I stay with this game. I'll likely get the GF to 70 and roll a Paladin. Once the Paladin is at 60 I'll start to figure out if I still want to play and which class to focus on, as I really do not have the time for alts anymore.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    thestaggy wrote: »

As for Mod 6, I'm at a crossroads. I fear for the future of the GF with the arrival of the Paladin. They're too similar and the GF has an extensive and untreated list of bugs, which tells me it is the unwanted stepchild.

I won't say 'don't worry' but worry less as so far worry is unfounded..... The same thing was said about rogues when HRs where being added, and CW's when warlocks came along, that they would be too similar...... look at what we got.... not that similar at all, it is one thing that, to date, the Devs have shown they do well, making each class distinctive!

Look at other games that already have several choices for different rolls, doe's only one of those classes survive and the others die out? nope, different playstyles are attracted to different ones and they all get played.... So sure, the OP should be able to do some tanking and some healing but I really don't thing the DC or GF need feel threatened. I won't be getting rid of my GF anytime soon.

And finally, are you SO sure they are too similar? you have NOTHING but a picture and a lot of speculation so far, just like the rest of us. The livestream in about 9 hours from the time I post this will be the first REAL facts we will have been given about what they are actually doing. First step in replacing speculation with facts, lets wait till after that before shouting that the sky is falling shall we?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I mainly play 3 games, WoW, Tera and Neverwinter.
    NW is my fav thought because of the foundry, I love creating games and adventures, and used to work with some old game engines to make games for others to play. Now I use the foundry to tell my stories and build maps (the part I most enjoy).
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If u are going to name a poll "What Is Neverwinter To You?" please dont forget to add "A disappointment" between the options.
  • Options
    landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Have been playing this game every day since launch, but recently stopped due to tiamat. Running this 10 times a day isnt really fun, especially when half of them is failing and always lag.
    Also I upgraded my comp and try to play modern games, its a shame this game doesnt support modern computers and graphics.
  • Options
    vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I played neverwinter as the only MMO. But right now im testing out others with similar combat system because its the only feature i still like about the game. The RP amount needed and the increase to rank 12s is just too big for me at the moment to keep up.
  • Options
    midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I rotate between few games & Neverwinter is one of them

But Im losing interest in it because of the new level cap.. new items I dont know what will happend, I'm not sure I should play now, farm RP? farm AD? I don't know beacuse we still don't know what will actually happen with mod 6
  • Options
    xstarhammerxxstarhammerx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I also do Champions and Star Trek. I tend to focus on one of the three for 2-4 months, then move to one of the others. Mostly just waiting for something to come along and successfully fill the void in my life since the passing of City of Heroes. If Cryptic kept up on Champions development the way they do for STO & NW, maybe that would do the trick, but clearly that isn't happening :/
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I voted rotation with other games, none of which are MMOs, all the other games are solo player interfaces.

Now and then i will return to a MUD or two...but rarely.
  • Options
    bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I'm quite sure this was a Poll created by me? Where did the poll go?
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    I'm not familiar with how the current vanilla forum engine works, but it either:
    hasn't been imported from the old forums
    it expired and disappeared
    it has been censored