test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HUD elements need an overhaul.

emospazzemospazz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
So I know I am not the only player to cross between PC and XB1 and obviously there are going to be issues in a converting a PC game to XB1 but really usefull tools like the buff bar need to have customization options on XB1. Personally I detest the truncated buff bar due to the fact that I can only see a small portion of what is activly effecting me at any given time, not to mention the fact that when you expand the bar via the menu it gives only a slightly longer list, not the full list as you might expect. Essentially what I'm saying is give me some options here devs. Perhaps a larger number of items before the list is truncated? A stacked buff block? The option to shift screen elements to different snapped locations or remove them completely? (because lets be real here I don't need quests taking up a third of my screen space) I would love to hear any other thoughts anyone has on the topic of not just the buff bar but the screen space as a whole.

TL;DR. The buff bar (and really most of the hud elements) need some serious work and or customization options.
*side note why is the loot pop up 3/4 of my screen??*

Comments

• soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    I agree... the devs are worried about the tiny space that the buff bar takes up and in the meantime loot roll blows up your whole screen.

I do like having the quests list but I'd rather that be truncated than the buffs. Making the whole thing customizable as you suggested would be great, but the game has so many bugs still we could be in for a long wait.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • emospazzemospazz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    soonergm wrote: »
    I agree... the devs are worried about the tiny space that the buff bar takes up and in the meantime loot roll blows up your whole screen.

I do like having the quests list but I'd rather that be truncated than the buffs. Making the whole thing customizable as you suggested would be great, but the game has so many bugs still we could be in for a long wait.

really it wouldnt take much to allow for some customization. most items apear to fit a similar size or pattern all we need is a gid to snap them to and the ability to move them, either through a setting in the options menu or the panes system.
  • emospazzemospazz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    btw please excuse my spelling, tiny screen + lack of sleep = spelling issues
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    Perfect solution, at least for me, would be:

Minimap top right corner, make it like PC has, the round sweet minimap.
    Loot rolls bottom right, let you see all info you care and still enough space for battle.

I wish devs would care bout this.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • bleedinblue755bleedinblue755 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I would love to see the loot windows go away completely till everyone is out of combat or like you said at least make them smaller and put just about anywhere but the middle of my screen. And when someone wins a roll they put that below the roll tab taking up more of my view. Gets quite frustrating at times especially in a pack of mobs and all you see is so and so won with a roll of 72 and you rolled a 71. Lol I mean really couldn't that wait till after the pack of angry trolls weren't chasing after me. Would be nice if we could just resize some of the things so they didn't take up so much space
    Rise from the Ashes guild leader
  • bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    +1 for revamping the loot windows.
    At first it annoyed the heck out of me that I was having to tell the system wether I wanted a chance at getting a drop during a battle. During a battle. DURING A BATTLE, I have MANY more things to worry about than loot. If I am dead, loot is moot. I used to think "who the heck has nothing better to do during this fight than pick up loot??!!" Over time I've come to realize that thy pick it up real quick JUST to get the window out of THEIR way during THEIR battle because they happen to be standing on a jeweled goblet and the window telling them so was in THEIR way.
    Yeah, the whole loot thing needs to be re worked.

Summary: shiny things on the ground should never cause problems during a fight. Relocate, resize, and/or change when loot windows show on screen.
  • aznly92aznly92 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I wish the HUD was like how I have seen it on PC. We need to be able to resize certain things,change font sizes etc. I need that expanded buff bar. Boss debuffs should be like how it is on PC, going horizontally across the screen and not in a vertical box that is like 5x5 in the middle.
    GWF 3.5k i.Lvl 18.3k power, 15.8k Crit strike, 6.1k ArPen, 2.1k Rec, 66.5% Crit chance, 117.1% Crit Severity, Unbuffed
  • b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    I would also love to be able to re-size and move all of the hud elements around. It is way more cluttered than on the pc.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • idontcombatlootidontcombatloot Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I pretty much agree with everything said about customization and re-sizing options. In a perfect world I would like to make my HUD smaller, loot windows smalls, show ALL of my buff/debuffs but with the option to make them smaller, and make the quest tracker smaller. Probably a few other small things as well, but those are the things that pop into my head. They added filtering for the chat box so I'm hoping they can make these interface changes as well. It would certainly make the game easier on the eyes.
    Kirov - 19.2k Hellbringer Fury Warlock
    Guild Leader of <Critical Severity>
    We are recruiting 15+GS PVE and PVP players
  • razalkunnrazalkunn Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    that's the worst part of being in a group the feking loot windows that always pop up when you are fighting.
  • birdboy100birdboy100 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    razalkunn wrote: »
    that's the worst part of being in a group the feking loot windows that always pop up when you are fighting.

This, this forever and ever. Why are people looting in the middle of a fight?! why god why? I'm a cleric trying to AoE heal and then my whole screen turns into notifications and I can't see anything! ugh! I die a little inside every time.
    8.jpg