test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New 60- what first?

guurzakguurzak Member Posts: 15 Arc User
New to the game and just reached 60 with my OP OP. There are a lot of options for content that have just opened up and I intend to explore all of them over time; my question is, is there any particular low-hanging fruit that will quickly increase my character power relative to the other options available? Does it make more sense to commit to working through the Elemental Evil questline (I finished my first batch of 16 vigilance quests last night) before working on campaign boons? Or vice versa? Or should my immediate focus be to level up a cleric to 60 for the sigil? Or something else?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Comments

• aegislash2015aegislash2015 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Elemental Evil quests give you some good gear or you could buy some stuff on AH for a few Astral Diamonds.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The campaigns are all at level 70 now, so my suggestion would be to work on Elemental Evil, while continuing to run the Tyranny of Dragon campaign. At the end of EE zones, you will have a free mainhand, and be at least level 68, which might be high enough to at least dip your toe in Sharandar.

Now that you are 60, the ToD campaign daily will require you to complete the lair in that day's zone (make sure you talk to the appropriate NPC to get the lair quest, after Harper Boward gives you "Common Cause" and "Culling the Cultists"). The lairs are scaled for 70s, so make it easy on yourself and group for them -- just ask in /zone when you are there.

And I personally find Reclamation Rock the worst of the EE zones, so if you get sick of there (or any of the zones), it might be a good idea to go ahead and level your DC, and for a few days just invoke and do the ToD dailies and the two EE seed dailies on your OP. That way you can level past a boring stretch. Just make sure you do all three sub-zones in Spinward Rise, which is required to get the free MH.

It can also be a good idea to find a leveling buddy, especially for the lairs and last sub-zone in Spinward Rise. Those giants are a pain on most characters -- GWFs excepted. ;)

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Depending on how long you want to spend on the final phase of EE, you can get through by just doing the three Air Tome quests. All three are quick and easy and do not require that your character is equipped with good gear or even particularly good skills. They are also arguably the only fun parts of the whole EE zone. Just be aware that if you suffer from vertigo, they can be a bit unnerving at times :)
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    60, quests with Minsc and Boo for some equipment

61, buy rare equipment from the auction house
    continue daily & seeds & vigilance quests

65, buy rare equipment from the auction house
    continue daily & seeds & vigilance quests

70, buy rare equipment from the auction house
    continue campaign & daily & seeds & vigilance quests

fill in dungeons, foundries and skirmishes runs as you like.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • guurzakguurzak Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback. ToD and EE it is.

What's the benefit of the repeatable seed quests? It doesn't look like they award anything but XP. Is there a hidden progression that I'm missing, or are they just a higher XP/hr than anything else?
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    The seed dailies are good xp, and very easy to do -- since you have Minsc tanking for you, and they are scaled to 60, so as you level up they get even easier. Plus there are lots of skill nodes that can give you even more rank 5s and such.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    ... and you can sell or use the container from the seeds quest reward too.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!