test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NERF IT PLEASE

thepiggywizardthepiggywizard Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Ok, a lot of people love the paladin class, who wouldn't, I did use, but i deleted it because I chose oath of devotion and got insta-killed by an oath of protection. I have a couple things I would like to be nerfed for the oathbound paladin. One, please lower the dps and power of the oathbound paladin (i think taking out the feat that gives it more power everytime it gets hit, btw, that was stupid in the first place). Two, the daily of the oathbound paladin has one shot a guardian fighter which everyone in that game started hackusating him (which i agree he was) and the most annoying part of pvp-ing with a oathbound paladin is that they think they are invincible because they have a ton of power, defense, andn healing (which just can you nerf a ton of the power and a little of the healing) and I kiled one with a soul puppet minion (im a soulbinder warlock) and he taergeted me the whole game and after words he wouldnt stop pm me and he sent like 5 friend requests before I ignored him. And its really annoying (I would guess) for expierienced devoted clerics because the healing of the oathbound paladin is more than the devoted cleric's. So really, just nerf the dps and healing of the oathbound paladin, its too much for the other classes. I know you nerfed the scourge warlock in the last module, but I think its time for oathbound paladin nerf...

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Huh. Protection OP one-shotting a Devotion OP.

It sounds backward to me as the Protection version gets a bit less DPS (IIRC). In any case, your being one-shot causing you to rage-quit then rage-delete your toon sounds like an issue you may want to investigate. Though in reality it appears to me by your lexicon that you are a member of entry-level-age portion of the community, which would cause your post to make some sense in its context and method of presentation. And that makes it just fine by me.

PRO-TIP: If you want something nerf'd you need to explain step-by-step what was done, how it was done, and what the result is so the Devs can reproduce it and evaluate if it is working as intended or not. Without all that this thread just looks like a rage-post.

But, that's okay, too, I s'pose.
  • shillaenshillaen Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Huh. Protection OP one-shotting a Devotion OP.

It sounds backward to me as the Protection version gets a bit less DPS (IIRC). In any case, your being one-shot causing you to rage-quit then rage-delete your toon sounds like an issue you may want to investigate. Though in reality it appears to me by your lexicon that you are a member of entry-level-age portion of the community, which would cause your post to make some sense in its context and method of presentation. And that makes it just fine by me.

PRO-TIP: If you want something nerf'd you need to explain step-by-step what was done, how it was done, and what the result is so the Devs can reproduce it and evaluate if it is working as intended or not.

Without all that this thread just looks like a rage-post.

LOL..it is a rage post...
    OP need more love...more dps please dev ...OP stuck atm...cant kill...huhuhu (T_T) give back our DJ .... :sunglasses: and today i learned OP prot can 1 shot OP devo ..lolz....
  • castethcasteth Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Op got too much dps? first news ^^

If you have been killed in 1 shot it's because of a bug or interaction with aura ( i think aura of courage ) not because of dps
    PAladin is the class wih worst dps, even a dc ( if dps build) got more dps.

My theory are :

- You just want a nerf of paladin, you never made one
    - you are a troll
    - You never reached high lvl with yours, made a pvp with a pug char, fought a paladin over gears and been destroyed.

You are sw, killing a paladin in one shot is something that sw do because of a bug, should all paladin delete their char?
    And should cryptic nerf ( again ) the sw?
    Be serious..
    @angrysprite , hi..im new to OP,...why you said prot OP less dps than devo? i wonder,...im actually see other ppl in other thread said that,..did i missed something lol,....can you kindly explained to me please,.....i need to hear this,..

because all prot aura more dps than devo,..atwill too ithink,..shielding strike "You strike your foe with brutal swings, on the final strike of this combo, you gain a shield that absorbs damage. The shield stacks up to 3 times and lasts 8 seconds."
    brutal swing mean dps right haha :smile:
    edited July 2015
    shillaen wrote: »
    @angrysprite , hi..im new to OP,...why you said prot OP less dps than devo? i wonder,...im actually see other ppl in other thread said that,..did i missed something lol,....can you kindly explained to me please,.....i need to hear this,..

because all prot aura more dps than devo,..atwill too ithink,..shielding strike "You strike your foe with brutal swings, on the final strike of this combo, you gain a shield that absorbs damage. The shield stacks up to 3 times and lasts 8 seconds."

Both Devotion and Protection Paladins are the same Paladin. Divine Protector Daily and Aura of Courage are the Daily and Class Features than can (very quickly) kill a Paladin - especially when both of these are slotted and used. It's a deadly gamble in the interest of protecting the party.

As for Devotion versus Protection - here is the difference:

If you choose Devotion: your encounter powers will do damage + allow more healing (somewhat like a Cleric) - and encounter DPS remains relatively constant, but many of those healing encounter also do some DPS.

If you choose Protection: your encounter powers do DPS + grant temp HP/stronger buff+debuff, etc. not healing (does not get the extra DPS from those healing powers that grant it).

Devotion = more DPS because some of the "healing" abilities also do damage; Protection = less DPS because does not have the same heal abilities that also do DSP (but has more HP than the Devotion version).

So the choice is:
    Healing+the extra DPS it can give (More squishy than Protection, but more DPS also)
    or extra HP+more HP. (Less DPS than Devotion but much, much more Tanky)

[edit to add this portion for clarity.]

NOTE: The differences (DPS-wise) is minimal and most players can't actually see or feel that. But the difference is there. Either way, as others have stated above: there are many reasons the OP [Original Poster] will have experienced the scenario he describes - most of which will be due to inexperience. Which is okay - we all are inexperienced in the beginning.

I have two Paladins: a Devotion and a Protection. My Protection OP is a "supertank" - so much HP+Armor Penetration that I am often the last one standing, but my DPS is pretty weak. I can solo the Zone Dragons (except for Whispering Caverns) - but I cannot win the one in Rothe Valley because it takes too long. The other three: no problem (but takes forever). My Devotion might be able to, but require a LOT of moving around to avoid red spots.
    shillaen wrote: »

Both Devotion and Protection Paladins are the same Paladin. Divine Protector Daily and Aura of Courage are the Daily and Class Features than can (very quickly) kill a Paladin - especially when both of these are slotted and used. It's a deadly gamble in the interest of protecting the party.

As for Devotion versus Protection - here is the difference:

If you choose Devotion: your encounter powers will do damage + allow more healing (somewhat like a Cleric) - and encounter DPS remains relatively constant, but many of those healing encounter also do some DPS.

If you choose Protection: your encounter powers do DPS + grant temp HP/stronger buff+debuff, etc. not healing (does not get the extra DPS from those healing powers that grant it).

Devotion = more DPS because some of the "healing" abilities also do damage; Protection = less DPS because does not have the same heal abilities that also do DSP (but has more HP than the Devotion version).

So the choice is:
    Healing+the extra DPS it can give (More squishy than Protection, but more DPS also)
    or extra HP+more HP. (Less DPS than Devotion but much, much more Tanky)

[edit to add this portion for clarity.]

NOTE: The differences (DPS-wise) is minimal and most players can't actually see or feel that. But the difference is there. Either way, as others have stated above: there are many reasons the OP [Original Poster] will have experienced the scenario he describes - most of which will be due to inexperience. Which is okay - we all are inexperienced in the beginning.

I have two Paladins: a Devotion and a Protection. My Protection OP is a "supertank" - so much HP+Armor Penetration that I am often the last one standing, but my DPS is pretty weak. I can solo the Zone Dragons (except for Whispering Caverns) - but I cannot win the one in Rothe Valley because it takes too long. The other three: no problem (but takes forever). My Devotion might be able to, but require a LOT of moving around to avoid red spots.

wow,...
    i see...thanks man,...
    now im cleared about the devo and prot,...million thanks...
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    By far OP protection does more damage than a OP Heal.... Solo on OP Heal is a nightmare.
    isaintify1 wrote: »
    By far OP protection does more damage than a OP Heal.... Solo on OP Heal is a nightmare.

Okay.
    ACT Logs or it's all hearsay.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    isaintify1 wrote: »

Sure, solo OP protection does more damage, because the OP heal is a party creature and gains significant power by being in a group. Alone, a tank is better then a healer, but throw an op heal in a group and the damage the OP tank does will pale in comparison. Also remember, when looking at paingiver, the damage binding oath deals to the paladin is counted towards the paingiver of the paladin, even though its dealing damage to you. Even then though, the more players there are next to an OP healer, the more powerful they become. This becomes even more true if one of the players happens to be an OP heal as well. If you don't believe me, try out my build http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1195336/by-the-light-sharpedges-devotion-op-pve-guide . Go down the justice path I recommend and you will see the difference. Also, it helps when playing alone to summon an active companion instead of an augment, as having them around is the same as been in a 2 man party, you get some benefit from it.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    1. and another nerf thread

I know you nerfed the scourge warlock in the last module, but I think its time for oathbound paladin nerf...

2. It was a fix and Sw got tremendous compensation for a "fix". Damnation Sw with Soul puppet can outdps others 2:1 in eCC now...

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    1. and another nerf thread

I know you nerfed the scourge warlock in the last module, but I think its time for oathbound paladin nerf...

2. It was a fix and Sw got tremendous compensation for a "fix". Damnation Sw with Soul puppet can outdps others 2:1 in eCC now...

Relying on a single bugged path feature that (the bug) requires a CW to happen is not a compensation, it's a joke.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    CW? Why?
    Renegade? Everyone got their buffs!
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Maybe first fix reflect because this can be glitched to do infinite loop. Also sometimes GF can activate infinite loop to pally with certain class feature.

https://youtu.be/8qljw2RtRR4?t=53s

ACT logs(russian lang)
    3kPlgAm.png
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    I still prefer Protection to Devotion, even if it does more DPS... Just 'feels' better, IMO. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • yquedoarruinadoyquedoarruinado Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hello, first I must apologize for my use of English , but do not understand the meaning of this discussion, the paladin was never designed as a dps class was created to be a curator does not give big buff but heals well , or a tank protects the devotion paladin uses healing area and chain , the protection paladin auras used to attract the agro and lower damage and power up only when taking damage allowing you to generate more aggro. Ask them to do so nerff is like asking them to do nerff to the GF by the knight value , or be made ​​to TR nerff lashing the blade or the CW by the conduct of ice . Again, excuse my use of English .
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    There is nothing to understand, the first post is just the usual "This thing killed me so no one should have it" post, its out of date and ill-informed at best.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    There is nothing to understand, the first post is just the usual "This thing killed me so no one should have it" post, its out of date and ill-informed at best.
    Exactly.gif

va8Ru.gif
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Glad somebody tought one of thos <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a leason :3

P.S whops :!