test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jewel Crafting Advice?

soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
I have worked primarily on leadership for my main character and I'm trying to get Jewel Crafting going on my secondary character. Can anyone offer any advice on how to get leveled up quickly? Also, do I need to keep the useless rings, and necklaces I am crafting early on so I can craft the better stuff later?
My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
Haven - Righteous Cleric
Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin

Comments

• fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Not sure how useful it is as advice, but I usually just run the deep wilderness gather mission 3x a day on as many slots as I have unlocked. As you progress in level (at least with platesmithing) they get pretty high returns in exp (with epic crafter you get like 800 exp per 5-6 hours around level 15, time 6 or 7 and thats a pretty hefty amount of exp a day) and you never clog your inventory or use all too precious residuum for trash leveling items.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    soonergm wrote: »
    I have worked primarily on leadership for my main character and I'm trying to get Jewel Crafting going on my secondary character. Can anyone offer any advice on how to get leveled up quickly? Also, do I need to keep the useless rings, and necklaces I am crafting early on so I can craft the better stuff later?

The other poster covered the quickly, I'll touch on the "useless" part. While many of the lower items are useless, the chain to make the BIS stuff starts at the very bottom. Witches items, the lowest crafted items, are the starting point for Heros/Archmage/Revitalization stuff. The main crafting path, the main crafting path is Witches-> Reformation-> Mage's -> Replenishment -> Wizard's -> Hero's, Revitalization or Archmage's. The other item type are deadends unless you want that specific type for some reason.

So, make some witches and upgrade them as you unlock the next step of Reformation. Then upgrade all reformation items when you unlock Mage's and keep repeating the process. If you do this, when you reach 20 you will only have Wizards items left. All three of the "personalized types are made from Wizard's items.

• rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    i would say is gather missions and get green jewelcrafters. Follow rinf "chains is fadt but boy does it filll up inventory.

But my best advice is jewelcrafting is a "main character" profession, personalized rings are Bound to character immediately.
  • bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    For quicker leveling I suggest doing the level 14 gather tasks. If you will be online do the shorter 15 minute task and refresh it as soon as it is done. Once you know you will log for a while, set them for the 8 hour level 14 task.
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Don't listen to these peoples advice regarding the gather tasks.. (unless you actually have run out of said resources.) The absolute quickest way to level up Jewlcrafting is to invest in residuum, (ALOT) and do the 20-30 min tasks that create the necklaces. The first is the witches, once that's made, you can turn it into a necklace of reformation, you can then turn that into something else, and eventually up to a wizard necklace (like 600xp per task every hour.)

ONLY do the gather tasks when you NEED the supplies, and preferably the longer 8 hr ones before going to bed. (or work or whatever.)

edit: looks like I should have read the replies before replying.. someone beat me to the advice. Zephyriah is exactly correct.

Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I was pretty depressed to learn I needed to have jewel crafting on my main, I probably could have had rings by now. But it's going quickly so far.

The tools look pretty pricy. How can I get them besides buying them from the trade house?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Jewelcrafting Special Pack. The odds are very much against you getting any really good tools, but getting enough ok tools will allow you to upgrade them.
  • mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    You don't need *any* of the purple tools if you buy the "blanks" for the personalized gear. The prices have fallen quite a bit lately so you can probably pick them up at OK prices if you don't need too many. When you factor in the cost of tools and the failure rate of the rare tasks (60% success rate seems optimistic to me ;P) + cost of dragon eggs then it might be about the same cost for one character and you can do it as needed instead of waiting for the rare task and hoping for tier 3 :)
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    You need that rare task to get the personalized ring. Also, I could be wrong on this one, I don't think you can buy that Gemmed Ring from the AH, I think it is also bind on equip, so you then use it to make the personalized gemmed ring. I made mine a while ago, so I could be wrong about the bind on equip.
  • bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    The rare task is for the gemmed ring, and requires four purple items for the 60% chance to be gemmed. These can be sold and traded. Once you want to make it double gemmed it binds, the task is level 20 and not rare. You can get JC to 20, purchase the gemmed ring, and then personalize it to double, which binds it to that character.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    Patsfire is incorrect, Bluedood gives the correct info.