test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is the Best Encounters for a Bulwark Oath of Protection OP?

wrathofcrotawrathofcrota Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Now, I'm a paladin just coming up to level 70, and I'm really unsure on what encounters I should be using to gain threat. Ive tried many things so far, and I really like Relentless Avenger, But in dungeons I'm guessing the knockback effect would irritate team mates... And I cant really think of any others that can taunt large groups of enemies other than my Divine call. Also, Do you know if Circle of power would be a good idea for a team buff, or does it only work on yourself?

Well, I only want your opinions on what you think if that's okay. :D

Comments

• Options
    What do you think are good encounters?
  • Options
    So far, I'm using Templar's Wrath, Relentless Avenger and Divine Touch.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    I'm not sure but I suspect Circle of Power only works for you so I use Bane instead (up to 30% debut, works great on elites and bosses). Relentless Avenger is fine as long as you use it responsibly; it's a good opener, but don;t use it to scatter mobs when there are melee folks fighting them. it's very situational.

It's also good on Dragon fights when other mobs are pulled it because by charging the dragon it can knock the other mobs away allowing people to focus on the dragon (I usually throw up a party shield then also).

Obviously you want Templar's Wrath. In my middle slot I often go with Smite because it's really good DPS (as paladins go, anyway). For my third slot I often go with RA, and switch to Bane on two dragons (Rothe and Whispering Caverns) and in party delves.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    My Encounter Bar is one of these:
    Templar's Wrath, Burning Light, Smite
    Templar's Wrath, Burning Light, Relentless Avenger
    Templar's Wrath, Relentless Avenger, Smite (Bosses)
    Templar's Wrath, Binding Oath, Burning Light (starting to get the hang of this combo in dungeons)
    Templar's Wrath, Bane, Cleansing Touch (handy in fights like KR boss and when kiting a Scorpion (or tanking both)).

I also like Templar's Wrath, Burning Light and Divine Touch in dungeons where hitting a lot of mobs consistently makes my Terror debuff work better for the party as a whole and where a little more defence helps.

Circle of Power is good, and I can layer them solo now basically, but the power has horrible AP gain given its long cooldown and in parties the AP gain is the big thing.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    So far, I'm using Templar's Wrath, Relentless Avenger and Divine Touch.

I was thinking of going that route as well as a Bulwark Paladin. Quick animations and short cooldowns means that Vigilance is up a lot. People can say what they want about RA scattering mobs, but it really is a powerful taunt that buys you a couple of seconds when the mobs are knocked away. Mobs seem to be stuck on me more than not even with the knockback due to the treat generation.
  • Options
    guurzakguurzak Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Divine Touch adds much less dps than other options including Smite, Burning Light or even Sacred Weapon. Do you find the shield from DT adds value when you already have Vigilance and Templar's Wrath going?
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Divine Touch is another AoE power, its DPS isn't great, but the bit of extra defence and spreading your debuff if you are running Terror or Plaguefire enchants is a good thing.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    guurzakguurzak Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I was running with Vow of Enmity in my third slot for a while - seemed pretty nice, continuous 20% damage bonus with no cooldown plus an aggro generator in groups- but then I realized that it generated zero APs.

Currently Templar's Wrath, Binding Oath, Burning Light for group content.