test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Important question about Mod 6 impacting CW build.

xxbuttbiterxxxxbuttbiterxx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I've been wondering with this Mod 6 coming out soon, and some things i've been hearing are pretty scary for my CW build. I've been hearing that storm spell pretty much gets killed off. Is that a true statement or no? My build has been treating me pretty well so far, topping out in damage every dungeon, but also helping out the team as well using high vizier. So any suggestions or comments about how spell storm using CW's will be impacted will be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    elikenuielikenui Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Yes its true. Roughly 25% decrease in DPS. Nerf hammer crits. Ouch.
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    I guess it will even it out though. My friend runs CN with me and he simply uses that lightening attack and destroys everything. I tell him to let me get some kills, he says okay, then I see lightening in front of me smh
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    so I'm just leveling up my CW, I was going for a CW SS renegade. Should I change my path. I just started in on it.
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    CW is not going to be useless like some people are trying to say. It is still a very good class, just not OP with the Crits. You will just need to know how to play CW class a lot better and not rely a crits
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User

so I'm just leveling up my CW, I was going for a CW SS renegade. Should I change my path. I just started in on it.

I suggest not chasing like that. All classes are viable, and if you enjoy playing the class regardless of "nerf" you'll do well and have a spot somewhere (though I really feel for GFs....). Otherwise you're just chasing a carrot on a stick....

Besides, when is CC ever not useful?
  • Options
    zelinktheone3zelinktheone3 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    First step, do research in the PC community and see what you can muster up. There are a couple of builds (one in particular that discusses the build in a decently thorough fashion while still working on the build) out there that you should read through.

Second step, realize that doing the most damage doesn't always make the build the most team friendly. CWs will still be able to dish out a loud of damage, but they 'should' be built to supply the team with buffs and the enemies with debuffs that are constantly proc'd by the AoE damage. Mod 6 is less 'solo' friendly and playing a class well is even more crucial.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    thanks! I was levelling too fast to really stop and think about it. I went with the renegade path anyway. chaos magic is really satisfying. LOL. seeing the battlefield light up with chaos fury is Satisfying..