test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Item drops vs chest?

solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
Ok i been playing elol hunting for Lostmauth's Horn of Blasting , i see there are two chest after killing the boss (epic dungeon key chest or arcane dragon key chest), wich one is the one suppossed to give me the Lostmauth's Horn of Blasting? I do notice that the dragon drops some items when he dies, is it there?

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I've gotten the horn exactly once in all my runs, and IIRC, it came form Lostmauth himself... I could be misremembering, but I can tell you I've never used any of the Dragon keys...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    btbsaul40btbsaul40 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    key is a joke. in 100+ runs, I've never seen anything worth 20k AD in that chest. it's almost TERRIBLE DESIGN or something.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    That's one more remnant of this game's awlde tymes of former glory, where the tooltip hasn't been altered to reflect its current, all-but-complete uselessness. And/or the price/effort to acquire the goodie hasn't been adapted to the new realities. And/or the better, appropriately rewarding loot options didn't find their way into the game (yet).

Plus side: AFAIK the key only gets consumed when you click "accept" - so for peeking in, one key should suffice until you either hit big, or get tired...

...but I might be wrong there. DR Gauntlets e.g. are gone once you click "decline".
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    If you take nothing from the chest, you keep your key. I have yet to find anything in the second chests worth the price of the key. In fact, I've found nothing in the first chest worth the 5K for a second key of the day. I guess they only want us to run 1 dungeon per day, max.
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Horn generally drops from the boss.But its drop rate as bad as zen lockboxes I think.Check under the boss' wings carefully before leaving the dungeon because drops get scattered sometimes.I got 300k+ worth book without rolling dice in mod5 because noone saw it and left the dungeon before me.