test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Combat Advantage and Control Resist

lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
How much is enough?

Combat Advantage:

Currently I have 600 from Lantern of Revelation and 500 from Heart of the Blue Dragon plus 400 from the IWD boon and 373 from OH stat. My Combat Advantage damage increase is 9.8%, now I read Lazalia's post on GWF build the other day and it was pointed out that 8% is enough?

Control Resist:

I have 900ish from Oghma's Token of Free Movement and Symbol of Earth plus WIS 25. Oghma's is almost at Mythic so will 600 be enough plus my WIS stat or should I keep the Symbol of Earth?
Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.

Comments

• Options
    daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    From my tests with the control bonus stat, they cap at around 10%. It should be the same for all "special" stats like combat advantage and control resist.

These are my numbers for control bonus and the percentage they increase:
    2136 = 10%
    1722 = 10%
    1308 = 9%
    894 = 8%
    387 = 4%
    Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    That's sweet information, thank you!
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    daniloslv wrote: »
    From my tests with the control bonus stat, they cap at around 10%. It should be the same for all "special" stats like combat advantage and control resist.

2136 = 10%
    1722 = 10%
    1308 = 9%
    894 = 8%
    387 = 4%

Also depends on the class. For example a TR will get a lot more mileage out of combat advantage than a GF. Meanwhile skills like unstoppable and impossible to catch mean you would get less mileage from control resist than other classes (i.e. you wouldn't be using control resist 100% of the time).

• Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    Having more than 900 in those stats is not worth it.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

2136 = 10%
    1722 = 10%
    1308 = 9%
    894 = 8%
    387 = 4%
    Interesting. I'm currently working on a CW as my first and only alt, so Control Bonus is quite a useful stat to have. I am a little puzzled by the 10% cap though. I will be looking to get him a Cantankerous Wizard and, when funds permit, a Will-O'-Wisp Companion. Both are on the shopping list because of their Active Bonus. The Wizard has 15% Control Bonus while the Wisp has 15% Control Bonus and 25% Control Resist. Do you have any idea how those figures would factor in to the equation ? ...and do they even show up on the stats table ? Although I have at least one Control Bonus boost/buff on both my CW alt and my HR main, the Control Bonus Stat refuses to show anything other than Zero :/

• Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    qexotic wrote: »

2136 = 10%
    1722 = 10%
    1308 = 9%
    894 = 8%
    387 = 4%
    Interesting. I'm currently working on a CW as my first and only alt, so Control Bonus is quite a useful stat to have. I am a little puzzled by the 10% cap though. I will be looking to get him a Cantankerous Wizard and, when funds permit, a Will-O'-Wisp Companion. Both are on the shopping list because of their Active Bonus. The Wizard has 15% Control Bonus while the Wisp has 15% Control Bonus and 25% Control Resist. Do you have any idea how those figures would factor in to the equation ? ...and do they even show up on the stats table ? Although I have at least one Control Bonus boost/buff on both my CW alt and my HR main, the Control Bonus Stat refuses to show anything other than Zero :/

Control bonus stat is a primary stat, it is not processed yet. the 10% cap is this stat after it has been processed.

Cantakerous Wizard and Will-O'-Wisp bonuses are added to that processed stat.
    So if you have 900 control bonus which gives 8%, and get mage + wisp you get a total of +38% control bonus. That means your control powers will last 38% longer. (Minus ennemy control resist).

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    umsche wrote: »
    Having more than 900 in those stats is not worth it.

Well if you're chasing any of the secondary stats, like Combat Advantage, the least you can get from 1 Mythic artifact and 1 boon is 1000, which is 8.1% - I won't lose sleep over that extra 0.1%.

Thanks for the responses. I now know I need to drop the CA stat from my OH and replace 1 artifact.

I'm still a bit iffy on Control Resist. Either I'm going to be quite a bit under or over the 8%/1000 cap. My WIS is 26 so that's 16% right there for a start.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    this needs serious testing. I highly doubt CA is capped at 10%. If it is - holy (expletive) what a nerf that would be to TR's. TR's get CA from base stats so it wouldnt take much to hit a 10% cap AND most TR's take whatever CA they can get because they believe it's an integral part of their build.

Looking at my char sheet I can see I've made a couple of errors --

1. This is CA *Bonus* which as a TR I havnt even hit 10% yet although I can see it should be fairly easy. I'd still like to hear if it's truely capped at 10%.

2. CA itself doesnt have a cumulative total that shows how much you get from each source so I can only infer that you get the Charisma bonus + the CA Dmg Bonus as additive. (as a TR).

3. The tooltip has a grammer error - CA isnt bonus damage you "receive" it's bonus damage you "deal" :dizzy:
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury