Install Arc

Double Party

shrike025shrike025 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
//FEATURED\\

Thanks everybody for playing! A few sample reviews:
reviews.jpg

*Fixed - Map Transfer Fail no longer occurs. Quest was tested on mod 6.*
*Minor fixes - NPCs behaviours, interact animations, dialog prompts spawning enemies*
*Minor fixes - grammar and spelling, slight difficulty downgrade, assets issues, encounter variety, group names*

Hi guys,

I've just finished my quest I've been working on for quite a long time. I tested it many times, so it should be bug-free.

For those who like it - there are many side quests and hidden mystery. But, of course, you can rush through killing loads of monsters.

Please play, review and enjoy.

I'd review your quests with pleasure too.

Double Party
(in For Review tab)
@shrike025
NW-DDI8G8OSL
Duration: 20-40 minutes

Any suggestions and reviews would be much appreciated.
7dDZRx.jpg
Faj4Hm.jpg
Double Party
NW-DDI8G8OSL
Post edited by shrike025 on

Comments

• mcdrymcdry Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi shrike; :cool:

I tryed to play your quest, but something went wrong. The secound map transfer (after the girl's room) is not working. I know, that's because M6, but you can choose a place on the worldmap, for the worsest chase. So other player can go to your secound map manually (trough the icon). When this error is fixed, I would play your creation again. Let me know it. (by PM ingame [@mcdry] or on the forum. If you have any questions write them ingame^^^)

mcdry
  • shrike025shrike025 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok, thanks for that, I'll work on that issue.
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
    edited April 2015
    I fixed the Map Transfer Fail issue. Quest is ready to play again. I go through it and found no other bugs.
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
  • mcdrymcdry Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yo;

I have played your quest. I must admit, that your creation is a really good one. Some things I have noticed:

1. It would be better, if some NPC's (especially the ghosts) ignore battles around them and continue with their animations. It would be more realistic.

2. During the 3. speech with the pig, I have had no time to read, because the enemies spawns instantly.

3. The icegiant at the end can push you down from the way. It's not funny, if you come down and die^^.

4. Maybe some interaction animation. (with the 4 crystals for example)
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the feedback - I'll work on those things you've pointed out.

I did some little fixes, new version is already published.
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I played with my level 67 DC. I found the combat quite challenging so you may want to consider adding difficulty settings. I liked the details and thought it was an imaginative story.

I mostly found some grammar and spelling for you to correct. My detailed notes are below.

Burkhard:
    -in the second dialogue box he says “today night” which sounds a little awkward. “tonight” would be better.

The Two Melons:
    -When speaking to Alfredo the “Sir” before Burkhard should be capitalized
    -when asking Alfredon about the Double Party he says “Burkhard didn’t explained that?” It should be “explain”
    -the sign for the women’s restroom is too far into the wall, I couldn’t interact with it. The men’s room sign works fine.
    -the draped curtain by the crates opposite the restroom isn’t hanging on anything. You probably want to add the rack detail to go with it.
    -I liked all the different guests
    -at the sewer grate: in the interact line it says “crate” when it should be “grate”
    -at the pile of crates behind the locked door “cloths” should probably be “clothes”
    -the DJ table is very nicely done!
    -when Hrinorc says “The girl is comming with me” it should be “coming”

Hrinorc’s Safe House:
    -the talking pig doesn’t vanish from the dwarf dining room after summoning his friend.
    -when talking to the pig in the room with the mushrooms he says “Remeber that.” It should be “Remember”

Chamber of Souls:
    -since I had just fought the pig (a frost giant) and then had to fight two more frost giants I was starting to feel the quest was getting too long here. If the first fight in this room was something easier or at least different it would be more interesting.

Hrinorc’s Chamber:
    -in the first conversation with Hrinorc “barier” should be “barrier”
    -in the second phase of the final fight one of Hrinorc’s clones is still called “Dragonshield”. Also, all the group names are still of that of the base Encounter, so many are “Kobold” for example.
    -when Hrinorc says ‘i can’t dance” the I should be capitalized
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
    edited April 2015
    Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I must say I spent some time checking the grammar and spelling. However, I'm not a native speaker, so sometimes I make mistakes like "today night". I'm surprised with the amount of spelling errors. Sorry for that and thanks a lot. I really appreciate that you've listed them all.

In the dining room it should be like that. You are able to talk to the pig for the second time for another encounter. Perhaps it's not so obvious and could be regarded as a mistake.

Good tip about frost giants, after debugging and killing them so many times I didn't notice that.

I'll fix the errors, thanks.
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
    edited April 2015
    I've made an update and fixed the errors. The new version is already available.
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
    edited May 2015
    I've received some positive feedback, but I need a couple more reviews. It would be great to hear your comments. Double Party has been updated and it's ready to be played and reviewed.
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm very bad at reviews, and I do a lot of mistakes in dialogs too. One advice is to use word with english grammatical review enabled so you will minimize the errors.

I had very fun time playing it. I recommend it 100%. :D
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
    Double Party has been featured - enjoy :).
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Congrats on the feature!
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
    Double Party is receiving quite interesting reviews and impressions from the game are rather extraordinary. :)

I've read a lot of comments about moral aspect of this quest and different interpretations of the story. If you have played Double Party and you have some intriguing thoughts about it, share them here. It would be great to read them and see how you feel about the Imagination :).
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL